Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Anyone Heard Of Alex Jones?  (Read 247 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
Anyone Heard Of Alex Jones?
« on: August 04, 2019, 01:34:34 am »
Is it true that big tech censors conservative views and voices? For example, anyone here ever heard of Alex Jones? Has Alex Jones freedom of speech been recovered or destined for another censorship? Should this fellow even have freedom of speech on the internet?  What does the Constitution say about freedom of speech? Does The Constitution play a part in freedom of speech on the internet?   You tell me....your guess is as good as mine........ What is your view on the above and the short video below?

Online Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
Re: Anyone Heard Of Alex Jones?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 10:59:52 am »
The First Amendment says: 

"Congress sall make no law....".

Let's not confuse governmental and private actions.  There are all sorts of limitations placed on speech (and press) by non-governmental entities, such as sites in the Internet.  This forum is a good example.  Try insulting another member beyond a given point and the admin will banish you from the site, as we have seen on several occasions. 

And there are even exceptions to the First Amendment, such as not being able to (lawfully) yell FIRE in a crowded theater. 
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Online Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 01:07:37 pm »
I don?t know or have not looked into this further as this is new ground for me, but here is what I found using GOOGLE SEARCH 😁😁

They incorporated Google as a privately held company on September 4, 1998. An initial public offering (IPO) took place on August 19, 2004, and Google moved to its headquarters in Mountain View, California, nicknamed the Googleplex.
Wikipedia ? wiki ? Google
Google - Wikipedia

Beyond this I know nothing. But one ting for sure, if google is indeed a privately owned company with NO public funding or assistance, then it is my opinion, there should be at least one platform where freedom of speech is welcome, no matter a persons political or religious stance or lack thereof ? On the other hand, if one penny of public money, (taxpayer money has been invested or supplemented there with google, then it is my opinion such a platform already exist, named google.  My opinion.
Phillip

Offline CoolBees

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 01:54:55 pm »
Dallasbeek is Back!!! How are you sir? ... we've been worried about/for you!
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Online Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 03:25:38 pm »
Dallasbeek is Back!!! How are you sir? ... we've been worried about/for you!

Gee, thanks.  It?s good to be missed.

After six weeks in the hospital, with two abdominal surgeries, it certainly is good to be home and gaining strength almost daily.  I will try to be more active here as I progress, but for now I am still limiting my activities, including on this forum.  Just had to put in my two cents worth (or less) on Phillip?s First Amendment question.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline CoolBees

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 04:23:04 pm »
Regarding Google - it was my understanding that a lot of their original/early business came from "ahhem" (clearing my throat) Government Contracts ... of various natures. ... so Google is
not exactly "taxpayer subsidized" per say .... but has historic (and probably current) strong ties to some faction of our government.

Not really a conspiracy theory, just basic business math, to say - how does the average person get free access to an Internet search engine (google) and a free global mapping product (google earth), and (google etc)?  ... Somebody had to pay Billions for those products to exist. That Somebody was our government  (in part, or in whole). And our government doesn't dig that deep into their (our) pockets without expecting to get multiple uses out of it - such as swaying votes/discussions/etc as by-products of their investment.

The fact that those products are used to "sway" public discourse (whether to the Right or Left - as the political winds blow) does not suprise me in the least.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline CoolBees

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2019, 04:24:48 pm »
Well, it's really good to hear from you again Dallas! I sincerely hope and pray for your speedy recovery and good health - as do many others here I'm quite sure.

Online Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2019, 05:13:54 pm »
Well, it's really good to hear from you again Dallas! I sincerely hope and pray for your speedy recovery and good health - as do many others here I'm quite sure.

Yes Alan, including me. Glad to have you back in action Dallas!!

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2019, 05:34:04 pm »
Welcome back Dallas. Glad you are ok and on the mend.
Jim Altmiller