Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Congrats on Boris!  (Read 241 times)

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
Congrats on Boris!
« on: July 23, 2019, 02:05:32 pm »
I have read at least one of his books and watched him for years.  This should be fun!   :grin:
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Congrats on Boris!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 02:16:35 pm »
AMEN.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 04:52:53 pm »
I have read at least one of his books and watched him for years.  This should be fun!   :grin:

God....Trump Mk 2. Not to be wished on ones worst enemy :cry:
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 06:41:04 pm »
Of course not, but bestowed on your best friends as a once in a lifetime opportunity.   :wink: :cheesy:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 08:00:10 pm »
God....Trump Mk 2. Not to be wished on ones worst enemy

How did I know you would not be happy.  I think it's great.  You won't have a PM who can't make a decision and execute the plan. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 11:05:16 pm »
Quoting
?Thank you all for the incredible honour you have done me. The time for campaigning is over and the time for work begins to unite our country and party, deliver Brexit and defeat Corbyn. I will work flat out to repay your confidence?

Sounds like this Trump look-a-like means business!

Online cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2019, 06:05:47 pm »

How did I know you would not be happy.  I think it's great.  You won't have a PM who can't make a decision and execute the plan.
Kathy
'tis but an anomaly, the party will eventually find someone of a more serous disposition. Unfortunately it may take a general election. Something which we probably need, as long as it does not allow in the idiot Corbyn :cry:   
(what a surprise!) :wink:
I was thinking along the lines of another more suitable candidate, unfortunately eliminated. :sad: As usual the sheeple go for the populist loudmouth. Sound familiar? How long do you think before we have a K(E)BG silly hat :cheesy:

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 06:22:31 pm »

Kathy
'tis but an anomaly, the party will eventually find someone of a more serous disposition. Unfortunately it may take a general election. Something which we probably need, as long as it does not allow in the idiot Corbyn :cry:   
(what a surprise!) :wink:
I was thinking along the lines of another more suitable candidate, unfortunately eliminated. :sad: As usual the sheeple go for the populist loudmouth. Sound familiar? How long do you think before we have a K(E)BG silly hat :cheesy:

:grin: :grin:  Now was funny!? !!! LOL

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2019, 09:18:23 pm »
before we have a K(E)BG silly ha

That's a super idea.  Someone needs to do that and make some money   :grin:

why must you have someone serious?  He's a riot and he will make the EU sweat.  That alone is worth it.  Unpredictability is a useful tool.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Online cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2019, 01:04:25 pm »
before we have a K(E)BG silly ha

That's a super idea.  Someone needs to do that and make some money   :grin:

why must you have someone serious?  He's a riot and he will make the EU sweat.  That alone is worth it.  Unpredictability is a useful tool.
One unpridictable ideiot on here is enough, don't you think? :wink: Or have I shot myself in the foot? :cheesy:
cider

PS; I was thinking more along the lines of the guy with a Chinese wife. At least he wouldn't get your hostage wife an extra 5 years in jail!