Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Has Trump gone to far?  (Read 3677 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
Re: Has Trump gone to far?
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2019, 03:08:38 pm »
Brian don?t get mad at what I am about to ask as I am only kidding . Are you also in favor of building a high speed train to Hawaii like the brilliant democrat Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez?  😁😊.   J/K. I know you know better than that. I am not comparing you to that dingbat.  I for one would like to see an efficient rail system. I just do not think it is in the realm of reasonable possibilities for some of the reasons that I stated earlier, but I could be wrong. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 07:32:41 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2019, 01:48:39 pm »
Nothing degrades any faster then when private enterprise is involved in a monopoly.  Everything is short term decisions.  The only curb to the degradation is very heavy regulation which is costly and breads corruption.

Sit down before you read this  because I agree with a lot of what you posted. 

There are places where this is true and the best current example is probably PGE in CA.  They have a monopoly.  They did not upgrade the grid.  They made a lot of money.  They got sued for some of the fires, and now they are punishing the people by turning off the electricity. 

BUT, what is interesting is that the state could have stepped in on this and didn't.  Why didn't they?  My brother had an interesting take on it.  He thinks the state will essentially nationalize the power company and take over.  They will take the profit, which they need right now for all of the stuff they have promised. 
Will that make the grid safer or get it upgraded?  No.  What it will do in ensure that the money goes to the state which will be shielded from being sued, and make sure that nothing is ever improved. 

So yes, a private company with a monopoly can be a bad thing.  However, it is no worse than a government with a monopoly.  Either way, the consumer/citizen loses. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2019, 06:04:09 pm »
Are you also in favor of building a high speed train to Hawaii like the brilliant democrat Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez?
I haven't heard that from her but certainly not.  Hawaii doesn't need high speed for shipping and why wouldn't you use a plane or boat for the small amount that needs speed?
On a side note I will take the inexperienced young people with crazy ideas any day over the old corrupt cronies that we have now.  The young people you can reason with.  They are trying to make America great but lack some direction on how to do it.  Never make fun of a crazy idea so many of them are before their time.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2019, 06:18:04 pm »
However, it is no worse than a government with a monopoly.  Either way, the consumer/citizen loses.
I totally disagree.  If you could some how eliminate lobbying.  Take influential money out of the picture I think government will work well.  It answers to the people as long as money, bribes, corruption is not involved.  If for instance the fore fathers were poor instead of rich they would have wrote that into our constitution.  But money, bribes, and corruption is what they are use to so they wanted that game in our government.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2019, 07:26:47 pm »
Take influential money out of the picture I think government will work well.  It answers to the people as long as money, bribes, corruption is not involved.

Really?  On what do you base this?  The government that should be answerable to the people is your state government.  Is it?  Assume you took all the lobbying out of government...AARP, ACLU, etc.  How responsive do you think that would make the government to the individual? 

If you want a more responsive government the first thing you have to do is make it much, much, smaller.  If it was doing only want it is constitutionally tasked with doing, you and I would not really care much about what went on in DC because it would not impact us.  We could concentrate on making our states what we want them to be.
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2019, 08:27:19 pm »
""If you could some how eliminate lobbying.  Take influential money out of the picture I think government will work well.""

IF frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their butts every time they hopped.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Troutdog

• House Bee
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2019, 08:52:51 am »
If I only had a brain........
Pointless wallowing in libtard mud.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2019, 08:53:37 am »
We could concentrate on making our states what we want them to be.
That would make us tiny little countries having skirmishes like you see in the rest of the world.  The United States can only be great if it is united.  That is why he ain't ever going to make America Great again.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2019, 08:58:55 am »
If I only had a brain........
Pointless wallowing in libtard mud.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Name calling is an indication of ignorance.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2019, 09:30:35 am »
We could concentrate on making our states what we want them to be.
That would make us tiny little countries having skirmishes like you see in the rest of the world.  The United States can only be great if it is united.  That is why he ain't ever going to make America Great again.

Ace, Mr Trump is doing everything humanly possible to try and bring America and our Citizens together, Citizens of every race and gender. At every turn of every good thing he does, while fighting tooth and nail, keeping his campaign promises, stands the democrats trying to block him. Did you not hear his speech last night in Louisiana?

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2019, 10:40:30 am »
Mr Trump once again  reminded Louisiana, America, and the World  last night, that he and his team of elected officials and with his cabinet, (he just said WE), are putting America first.  7 million Americans have been lifted off of food stamps. Since the election. Unemployment has reached its lowest rate in 50 years, unemployment for African Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Asian Americans, have hit the all time lowest rates in the history of our country. Wages are rising fast and they are growing twice as fast for low income workers, they have the biggest percentage increase. 1.3 million fewer children live in poverty than when Mr Trump was elected, 1.3 million people.  He cut a record number of job killing regulations.  He and his team, (he again said WE), have passed the largest package of tax cuts and reforms in American History. Nearly a trillion dollars has already been poured back home.  It?s coming back in. People had their money in other places and couldn?t bring it back in, it was prohibited the legislation was impossible but he and his team got rid of it, (again he said  WE), got rid of it.  Over  a TRILLION dollars has been brought back in and it?s being spent  building right here in the United States instead building over seas. Meanwhile THE  DEMOCRATS running for president have pledged to abolish American production of oil and natural gas. Oh that's wonderful !  In other words Democrats are promising to  annihilate  the Louisiana  economy he said.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 11:47:48 am by Ben Framed »

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2019, 12:44:16 pm »

No, it would take us back to the ways we were designed and ran perfectly well for many decades.  The federal government does have a role.  It is supposed to be a limited role.  States are states so that people can design the environment in which they wish to live AND hold the people they elect accountable.  None of that can be done with an all powerful federal government.

Following your line of logic, we should do away with states.  What is the point?
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2019, 08:03:01 pm »
Kathy
I know this may sound naive but why have the states not returned power to the people?
....Or....is "there something rotten in the state of Denmark"?
Or even more so, could Acebird be right! :smile:
cider
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 08:18:55 pm by cidersabuzzin »
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2019, 09:28:36 am »
Following your line of logic, we should do away with states.  What is the point?

The point is to have a local government just like a county or city.  Should we dissolve all of them?  When issues become a national interest it should be federal.  Governments should work together for common cause.  How long do you think the country would last if all it had was State militias?  And for that matter which states do you think would last if there was no federal government?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2019, 09:34:50 am »
Did you not hear his speech last night in Louisiana?
Why would I listen to an individual that is a documented liar?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2019, 09:46:01 am »
""Why would I listen to an individual that is a documented liar?

You already do..........
Nadler
Shiff
Pelosi,
Comey
Hillary
Barry

ETC. ETC.

Why not one more?
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2019, 12:26:55 pm »
Clapper
Brennan

Both lied to congress and got caught, but nothing was done to them
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #117 on: October 14, 2019, 08:39:27 am »
""Why would I listen to an individual that is a documented liar?

You already do..........
Nadler
Shiff
Pelosi,
Comey
Hillary
Barry

ETC. ETC.

Why not one more?
These people have supporting evidence to support their claims otherwise I wouldn't.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #118 on: October 14, 2019, 09:49:26 am »
Have you lost it completely? Most of them have come out publicly and admitted they were lying. No possible supportive evidence when they are proven liars to the point they admit it.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #119 on: October 14, 2019, 10:47:58 am »
Clapper
Brennan

Both lied to congress and got caught, but nothing was done to them

Yes especially these two. And look what they are doing to the Patriot Roger Stone.