Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Has Trump gone to far?  (Read 3764 times)

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
Re: Has Trump gone to far?
« Reply #200 on: November 18, 2019, 01:22:43 pm »
Why do you not put them on trial?
What are you afraid of?

A little googling would have given you the answer.  We have been trying to and are constantly blocked by the leftists courts.  There are people who believe that rather than military tribunals those criminals should be brought there and tried in civilian courts.  Without going into another book writing, there are good reasons for not doing that.  Those reasons are why they are held outside the US. 

As for the base, it existed before it was used to hold terrorists and will exist after. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #201 on: November 18, 2019, 02:06:00 pm »
""Why do you not put them on trial?""
Just look at idiots like Shumer and Pelosi and our southern border for the answer to that. The morons they have put into judgeship will give an illegal rapist and murderer 30 days and a citizen jaywalker life.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #202 on: November 18, 2019, 05:45:43 pm »
Why do you not put them on trial?
What are you afraid of?

A little googling would have given you the answer.  We have been trying to and are constantly blocked by the leftists courts.  There are people who believe that rather than military tribunals those criminals should be brought there and tried in civilian courts.  Without going into another book writing, there are good reasons for not doing that.  Those reasons are why they are held outside the US. 

As for the base, it existed before it was used to hold terrorists and will exist after.
If its on a lease as a coaling station and nothing else, why should it? Unless of course you exercise your "I'm bigger than you rights" you have ignored everything else in law! :wink:
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #203 on: November 18, 2019, 06:04:27 pm »
""Why do you not put them on trial?""
Just look at idiots like Shumer and Pelosi and our southern border for the answer to that. The morons they have put into judgeship will give an illegal rapist and murderer 30 days and a citizen jaywalker life.

iddee what has this waffle got to do with a base in Cuba? By the way ever been to Cuba? was there a good few years ago in 1994 will always remember watching the World Cup in a bar, Brazilians and Italians screaming at each other. This was just after they opened up to tourists. Lots of Canadians and Brazilians only met one American and she was there on a Swiss duel passport. Interesting place great beaches, weird cars, and buses converted from tank transporters. The stories I could tell about that place :cheesy: But less of this travelogue.
Why have you not tried them in a military court? Or is it you have not enough evidence? :wink:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 07:09:51 pm by cidersabuzzin »

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Online Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #204 on: November 18, 2019, 09:23:44 pm »

Offline jvalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #205 on: November 18, 2019, 09:44:59 pm »
Ben,
I think a better question would be, Why won't the Brits repatriate ISIS prisoners?

Oh yeah, they don't want to give them the civil rights a British citizen should have, they are terrorists, not POWs.  (Not that the EU Brits have civil rights).  Let somebody else deal with them says Downing St.
Cider = Hypocrite

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #206 on: November 18, 2019, 10:43:13 pm »
This waffle has nothing to do with Cuba. It has everything to do with keeping terrorists and their body bombs away from US citizens and soldiers. Of course, like the leftists over here, you will never stay on the subject when you know you're wrong.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #207 on: November 19, 2019, 05:34:43 am »
This waffle has nothing to do with Cuba. It has everything to do with keeping terrorists and their body bombs away from US citizens and soldiers. Of course, like the leftists over here, you will never stay on the subject when you know you're wrong.

Sorry, you didn't  like the travelogue :cheesy:

Why have you not tried them in a Military Court....do you not have enough evidence? If you did you could face down all the protesters but there doesn't seem to be the will whether intentional or not I suppose after Abu Ghraib was closed down you needed a replacement.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ghraib_torture_and_prisoner_abuse
Is that a bit more on message iddee? 

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #208 on: November 19, 2019, 06:56:44 am »
Much better. I don't have an answer to that. I would never have brought hem across the ocean, but they don't listen to my instructions very well.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #209 on: November 19, 2019, 11:38:01 am »
Much better. I don't have an answer to that.

The answer is that federal courts keep blocking them on process minutia. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #210 on: November 19, 2019, 01:13:59 pm »
Much better. I don't have an answer to that.

The answer is that federal courts keep blocking them on process minutia.

Now I wonder why?

Haven't you got a grip of the SCOUS to get it pushed through? :grin:

Since you believe GITMO to be above all laws, why not just get on with it?

You could even get your Old Smokey wish. sizzle sizzle. :rolleyes: