Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Has Trump gone to far?  (Read 3930 times)

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Has Trump gone to far?
« Reply #160 on: November 15, 2019, 09:16:06 pm »
Kathyp,
I agree totally. There is no way the Russians would have helped Trump, especially when they had been paying off Hillary and had to top control over her. I she turned on them they could have blacked mailed her, with all of the millions they paid her, to make her do what they wanted.
The DNC and the media know that enough of the American public is dumb enough to believe the that Russians helped Trump and were able to pull off that big lie for 2 years.
Jim Altmiller

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #161 on: November 15, 2019, 10:00:35 pm »
Kathyp,
I agree totally. There is no way the Russians would have helped Trump, especially when they had been paying off Hillary and had to top control over her. I she turned on them they could have blacked mailed her, with all of the millions they paid her, to make her do what they wanted.
The DNC and the media know that enough of the American public is dumb enough to believe the that Russians helped Trump and were able to pull off that big lie for 2 years.
Jim Altmiller

Jim I appreciate what you and Kathy are saying, at this point it appears it doesn?t matter what they do, or how they do it, how many subpoenaed emails are destroyed, how much uranium they peddle to our enemies. or how many secrets they sell to China, how many lies they tell to congress or how many lies congress tells to we the people. Though all is in the wide open and still no justice. They are the untouchables. No Justice. Sad
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 10:42:49 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2019, 11:26:56 pm »
They are the untouchables.

And it shouldn't be a surprise that they are.  They were known to be corrupt in AR and the AR mafia is not a figment of the rights imagination.  Collect enough info on people and you can control them.  Have no moral compass so that people know you will stop at nothing to destroy them and you have control.  Bill may have been a feckless perv, but Hillary is evil personified. 

What we can hope is that she has met her match with Trump.  All roads lead back to her and while I don't ever expect to see her perp-walked, I will be happy seeing her publically destroyed.
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2019, 08:35:39 am »
Kathy <Seems to me Russia would have been far better off with Hillary as president than they are with Trump.>
Really, what American president turned over a military base paid by american tax payers to the Russians without one shot fired?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #164 on: November 16, 2019, 08:45:47 am »
I don't know, Ace. You tell us. Bases in Germany, Japan, Italy, Guam, Philippines, etc. Which presidents turned them over to foreign countries?
Also, cite the law that gives a president sole power to give away a military base.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2019, 10:04:25 am »
I don't know, Ace. You tell us. Bases in Germany, Japan, Italy, Guam, Philippines, etc. Which presidents turned them over to foreign countries?
Also, cite the law that gives a president sole power to give away a military base.
Surely military bases are only there with the consent of the country they are located in unless you occupy that country? Who else would he "give it away" to. Better maybe to Scorch earth it! :cheesy: 
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2019, 10:29:50 am »
Surely military bases are only there with the consent of the country they are located in unless you occupy that country? Who else would he "give it away" to. Better maybe to Scorch earth it! :cheesy:

Scorch earth? You know it from Peter, a man who walked and talked to Jesus daily.

2 Peter 3:10King James Version (KJV)
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

He goes on to say

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Some will believe some will not.

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2019, 11:34:51 am »
Really,
So Gitmo Cuba doesn?t really exist.
Jim Altmiller

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #168 on: November 16, 2019, 11:42:55 am »

Scorch earth? You know it from Peter, a man who walked and talked to Jesus daily.

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

He goes on to say

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Ben not everything revolves around the bible maybe for you, but not everyone!
I was referring to a scorch earth policy as in completely destroying everything on a base so it is of no use to anyone taking it over. Not something you would do in an allied country though. :wink: 

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2019, 12:00:54 pm »
Surely military bases are only there with the consent of the country they are located in unless you occupy that country? Who else would he "give it away" to. Better maybe to Scorch earth it!

Consent and desire.  Since most of the countries, specifically the European countries, have no military to speak of, they have counted on our forward-deployed troops.  NATO was designed to deter Russia.  Now that the Europeans are willingly putting themselves at the mercy of Russia for thing like their natural gas, I am not sure the original premise is still valid. 

In the Pacific, we are there as a deterrent to China and to make sure shipping lanes stay open.  If countries in that area, like the Philippines, want to go it alone, I am fine with that. 

We are in countries that think we are of value to their security.  We are there so that we can act quickly and be where we are needed.  While I am not an isolationist, I am very happy to have other countries experiment with providing their own defense. 

They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #170 on: November 16, 2019, 12:10:31 pm »
Really,
Jim Altmiller
Should that not read "should not exist"?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guantanamo_Bay_Naval_Base

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #171 on: November 16, 2019, 02:15:05 pm »

Why should it not exist?  The only fault I find with it is that it is not full and does not have Old Smokey in the basement.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #172 on: November 16, 2019, 05:00:14 pm »

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

He goes on to say

Ben not everything revolves around the bible maybe for you, but not everyone!
I was referring to a scorch earth policy as in completely destroying everything on a base so it is of no use to anyone taking it over. Not something you would do in an allied country though. :wink:

:wink:

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #173 on: November 16, 2019, 09:17:27 pm »

Really,
Jim Altmiller
No.
We have a base in the middle of our enemies land and you are saying that doesn?t happen.
Jim Altmiller

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #174 on: November 16, 2019, 09:39:09 pm »

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #175 on: November 17, 2019, 05:57:04 am »

Really,
Jim Altmiller
No.
We have a base in the middle of our enemies land and you are saying that doesn?t happen.
Jim Altmiller
Gitmo is only there because you wish to keep prisoners incarcerated without trial, something you would be unable to do on US soil! (Dallas?) As a base it is irrelevant after all it is only 90miles from the US, it's probably out of sight out of mind somewhere to do the dirty work. Then straight to the basement to "old smokey" as is KathyPs preference . Something out of Goebbels playbook :wink:

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #176 on: November 17, 2019, 06:41:57 am »
Cider,
So you are saying it is really just a penal colony just like the UK had all over the world. 😀
Jim Altmiller

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #177 on: November 17, 2019, 09:43:17 am »
Last I knew Russia was not an Allie.  Maybe that has changed?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #178 on: November 17, 2019, 09:51:07 am »
In WW2 they were. Germany and Japan were not. Now it is reversed. Who knows what it will be in the future? Things change. Ally or not, why give away billions when we are trillions in debt. Don't make much sense to me from either side the aisle.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #179 on: November 17, 2019, 10:31:41 am »
Has Trump gone to far?   
No, he has not gone far enough. Get those crooks Mr. President!