Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Has Trump gone to far?  (Read 3808 times)

Offline incognito

• House Bee
Re: Has Trump gone to far?
« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2019, 09:32:41 am »
She has not sung but the lyrics have been written.

The House impeaches Trump.
The Senate does not hold him accountable.
We hear the song over and over and over and over timed to play like an ear worm through the 2020 election cycle.
The question is does the encore help or hurt the Democrats win swing votes.
Tom

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #141 on: November 14, 2019, 09:42:51 am »
Ace. We are being patient. We are waiting for Hillary and all the other corruption politicians to go to jail.
Jim Altmiller
It happens, but rarely. I have learned to live with that reality.
The revelation that I have not yet accepted is the CIA's, FBI's and Justice Department's interference in the democratic process. Those are the ones that need to go to jail to send a message of deterrence.

Tom

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #142 on: November 14, 2019, 09:46:09 am »
[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #143 on: November 14, 2019, 11:00:43 am »
Ace. We are being patient. We are waiting for Hillary and all the other corruption politicians to go to jail.
Jim Altmiller
It happens, but rarely. I have learned to live with that reality.
The revelation that I have not yet accepted is the CIA's, FBI's and Justice Department's interference in the democratic process. Those are the ones that need to go to jail to send a message of deterrence.

Ace,
I could not aggree with you more.
We also need to go after politicians that we have evidence that they broke the law.
Jim Altmiller

Offline jvalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #144 on: November 14, 2019, 12:00:55 pm »
My bet is the House drops impeachment and votes to censure.
That way they save face.

Then they will invent another "scandal".

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #145 on: November 14, 2019, 12:10:06 pm »
My bet is the House drops impeachment and votes to censure.
That way they save face.

I am not sure they will at this point unless they run out of witnesses.  I think this has as much to do with their fear that RBG is going to die soon.  Their argument will be that a president under investigation should not be allowed to appoint a new Justice for the SCOTUS.

IDK.  I do know that I had to drink a pot of coffee to stay awake for 5 hours and watch that snooze fest yesterday   :grin:
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #146 on: November 14, 2019, 12:16:48 pm »
>Be patient.

They've had an impeachment in search of a crime now since Nov 9, 2016... I've been patient...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline jvalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #147 on: November 14, 2019, 12:24:01 pm »
I agree about the RBG aspect.  I have thought as much for awhile.  I wouldn't be surprised if democrats get daily health updates on RBG.

You can't help notice that the IG report and Burr's investigation were to be released this month. 
I feel it's too far from the general election to be useful for the democrats to affect the election, I think it's something going on soon to divert public attention. 

In October 2020 there will be another scandal, maybe one between then and now.

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #148 on: November 14, 2019, 12:34:07 pm »

My bet is that there is a backlog of already identified scandals, and they will be played out when strategically beneficial.
It is a shame that our representatives have nothing better to spend their time and our tax dollars on. How sad.
We need a third or fourth strong political party to change the dynamics of the system. This one is broken.
Tom

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #149 on: November 14, 2019, 02:00:46 pm »

My bet is that there is a backlog of already identified scandals, and they will be played out when strategically beneficial.
It is a shame that our representatives have nothing better to spend their time and our tax dollars on. How sad.
We need a third or fourth strong political party to change the dynamics of the system. This one is broken.

Or even Acebirds 'revolution'! :wink:
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #150 on: November 14, 2019, 05:59:08 pm »
The question is does the encore help or hurt the Democrats win swing votes.
The swing votes are already there if the democrats did nothing.  The swing votes that Trump got were votes in his favor because they didn't like Hillary.  Hillary is not running in 2020 and the swing votes have had a change of heart in the first 6 months of Trumps presidency.  All the democrats have to do is get people to vote.  Trump's base has not changed and it is very unlikely it will.
Cider we need a revolution for other reasons.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2019, 06:17:49 pm »
All the democrats have to do is get people to vote.

If the Dems run someone like Warren, they will lose again.  Not only is she as screechy, but her ideology is whack.  There is nothing to recommend her over Trump.  While Bernie is popular among some, again, there is a huge chunk of middle America who will not embrace his leftist views.
who else is in the running that might be the nominee and is not equally leftist?  There are lot of people who may not like Trump the man but who are doing better under his admin than they have done in decades.  In the end, people vote for self-interest and I guarantee you that promises of free stuff in exchange for higher taxes are not going to swing most taxpayers to the left. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #152 on: November 14, 2019, 06:56:51 pm »
It is impossible to predict the outcome 12 months from now. There are too many variables. The economy being the most important variable.
My guess is that there were a lot of reluctant Trumpers last election. He is no more of an embarrassment now than then and his results have not diminished his stature.
However; I am more outraged by recent Democratic leadership behavior than I am by Trump behavior. Neither party's members should be proud of their leadership. How can we be proud of the politicians with decades of time in Washington that have gotten us to where we are now? Are these experienced gurus tackling any serious issues? Not that I can see. Running a kangaroo court does not inspire confidence in me.

The cast of Democratic candidates rushing to the left will likely inspire more Republicans to vote for the right.

Tom

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2019, 09:16:28 am »
There aren't enough republicans.  The right is going right and the left is going left.  What matters is what is the middle doing?  I think it is leaning left more then right.  The opposite it did in 2016.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2019, 10:02:35 am »
There aren't enough republicans.  The right is going right and the left is going left.  What matters is what is the middle doing?  I think it is leaning left more then right.  The opposite it did in 2016.

It appears you may be right except the right is right and the left is ''wrong''  :grin:  But yes, I am thinking that you may be right about the country going to the left. It will eventually happen, all things have been set up and put into place starting in the 60's during the Kennedy Administration when they officially took God form the schools. Actually it may have started with Ensinhouser. Up until then We considered ourselves One Nation Under God Indivisible With Liberty and Justice For All. The under God part is the part that united us even for non believers there was a certain respect? Weather a child believed the teaching of God or not, it was their choice as weather to serve him. No one was forced to believe. Each had the freedom to embrace or not embrace.  Some brilliant thinkers decided to take the teaching of God out of the schools, even  though our schools for many many years and from the beginning was a shared building for both church and school, church on Sunday and school Monday through Friday. Our founding fathers advised us about the importance of God in our Nation, but we heeded not. Now the thinkers who consider themselves wise are having a hay-day in the school systems. Teaching the leftist views with no moral compass for the poor children to go by. How can we be undivided when we left God out?, the one center guidance that United Us as a Nation, the very thinking that gave us our freedom was founded on in the first place. No Ace you are right the country will fall and when it does it will probably be to late to turn back again. Mr Trump is doing all he can to preserve this heritage of freedom for all citizens but the left just will not have it. 

Donald starting his day.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 10:36:39 am by Ben Framed »

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2019, 10:42:30 am »
Well, we all know what "polls" mean.  We proved that in the 2016 presidential election...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Online Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2019, 11:50:17 am »
Well, we all know what "polls" mean.  We proved that in the 2016 presidential election...

You are right Mr. Bush, I agree. My previous post was in reference to future elections excluding 2020. I think we will be OK in 2020. And hopefully I am wrong about the future elections.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2019, 12:00:23 pm »
I was a reluctant Trump voter.  I will be less reluctant the next time unless something changes radically.  I do not see anyone on the Dem side that I would vote for.  Tulsi Gabbard would be the closest possible and I am not fond of a lot of her positions.  As long as the Dems keep presenting far-left candidates when the country is not far left, they will not win...assuming people actually care about policies and do not vote for race, gender, or sexual orientation.   :cheesy:
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2019, 06:00:42 pm »
Well, we all know what "polls" mean.

Polls are good until the next event  comes along and changes people's mind.  If the Russian meddling didn't happen at the time it did Hillary would have been our president.  Now we all know now that Russia has not stopped meddling so I don't think they will be able to pull that trick again.  Even though Trump keeps asking for help.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #159 on: November 15, 2019, 07:34:24 pm »
If the Russian meddling didn't happen at the time it did Hillary would have been our president.

In what way did they change the outcome of the election?  If they did, thank God.  I can't imagine listening to that screeching for 4 years!   :cheesy:

But seriously, what is your evidence that anything Russia did, impacted the outcome?  Seems to me Russia would have been far better off with Hillary as president than they are with Trump.  Guess they are just stupid?
Alexis de Tocqueville