Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A miracle happened today.  (Read 407 times)

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
A miracle happened today.
« on: July 12, 2019, 07:46:12 pm »
Acebird came by to see me for a few hours today. We had an enjoyable time and a great meal before he left for Florida.

The miracle, We didn't try to kill each other.   :cool: :cheesy: :cheesy:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
Re: A miracle happened today.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 11:18:51 pm »
Lol.  I figure you guys probably have a lot in common.

I remember the first time I went to a Bud thing and people we afraid to meet me.  As far as I know, I got along with everyone...and I don't think I even offended any of them   :cheesy:

We are not our politics.  We can disagree and still be friends.  That's a good thing.  Doesn't mean we shouldn't keep trying to win hearts and minds though!

Did you drink from the jars???? 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 12:11:31 am »
Congratulations, I?m glad you survived it.
🤗
Jim Altmiller

Online cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 04:57:13 am »
Lol.  I figure you guys probably have a lot in common.

I remember the first time I went to a Bud thing and people we afraid to meet me.  As far as I know, I got along with everyone...and I don't think I even offended any of them   :cheesy:

We are not our politics.  We can disagree and still be friends.  That's a good thing.  Doesn't mean we shouldn't keep trying to win hearts and minds though!

Did you drink from the jars????

Did you drink from the jars???? Jars? tell us more..... :smile: not his made in the woods stuff! :cheesy:
cider
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 06:58:34 am »
Yes, Cider, she is referring to the ""GOOD"" stuff, but no, he wasn't here long enough to get into it  He still had 700 miles to drive.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 07:55:03 am »
Yes, Cider, she is referring to the ""GOOD"" stuff, but no, he wasn't here long enough to get into it  He still had 700 miles to drive.
Send me a bottle and I'll give you a honest opinion...hic... :cheesy:
I would drop in but the next big trip is to  Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Russia to try the Vodka. (amongst other things!) mainly the Hermitage My eldest daughter went to Moscow with a Russian friend a couple of years ago and loved the taste of 'good' vodka there. 
cider the elder

PS was just googling 'Hermitage' and look what came up!

Ace's 'famous' or should I say more 'famous' (this was a genuine coincidence)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 05:29:38 am by cidersabuzzin »

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 12:10:38 pm »

That's too bad.  I hardly ever drink, but that stuff was tasty!!   :grin:
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline CoolBees

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2019, 03:13:20 pm »

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=Hermitage

I've been to that brewery ... there's a few better ones around, and many that are worse. It wouldn't be my top 5 choice.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Online cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2019, 04:50:16 pm »

I've been to that brewery ... there's a few better ones around, and many that are worse. It wouldn't be my top 5 choice.
Are we talking of a brewery in St Petersburg?
cider the elder

Offline CoolBees

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2019, 05:10:28 pm »

cider the elder

The link you posted is to a brewery in san jose California.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Online cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2019, 06:17:05 pm »

cider the elder

The link you posted is to a brewery in san jose California.
My links were
Hermitage Museum - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermitage_Museum

Couldn't find anything in the US

The State Hermitage Museum is a museum of art and culture in Saint Petersburg, Russia. The second-largest art museum in the world, it was founded in 1764 ...
Location‎: ‎38 Palace Embankment, ‎Dvortsovy ...
Public transit access‎: ‎Admiralteyskaya station
Visitors‎: ‎4,200,000 (2017)
Director‎: ‎Mikhail Piotrovsky
‎Hermitage cats ? ‎Hermitage Museum ? ‎List of largest art museums

Hermitage (religious retreat) - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermitage_(religious_retreat)

Although today's meaning is usually a place where a hermit lives in seclusion from the world, hermitage was more commonly used to mean a building or settlement where a person or a group of people lived religiously, in seclusion.
‎Western Christian tradition ? ‎Eastern Christian tradition ? ‎Catherine Doherty
What is a hermitage? | National Trust
https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/features/what-is-a-hermitage

A hermitage can be two things. In early Christianity, a hermitage was a place where religious men lived on their own to escape the temptations of the world. These retreats were caves or small buildings in deserts, mountains, forests or on islands.
People also ask
Why is the Hermitage called the Hermitage?

Is the Winter Palace and the Hermitage the same?

How many paintings are in the Hermitage?

What is a hermitage house?

Feedback
Web results
State Hermitage Museum | St Petersburg, Russia Attractions - Lonely ...
https://www.lonelyplanet.com ? Europe ? Russia ? St Petersburg ? Attractions

The Hermitage fully lives up to its sterling reputation. You can be absorbed by its treasures for days and still come out wanting more. The enormous collection ...
The State Hermitage Museum (St. Petersburg) - 2019 All You Need to ...
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk ? ... ? St. Petersburg ? Things to do in St. Petersburg
Rating: 5 - ‎24,842 reviews
One of the most famous art museums in the world, this museum is housed in the Winter Palace, and contains over 2.7 million exhibits including some of the ...
H?tel Hermitage Monte-Carlo, Monte Carlo ? Updated 2019 Prices
https://www.booking.com ? ... ? Monte Carlo hotels ? Monte Carlo City Centre

Rating: 9.2/10 - ‎830 reviews - ‎Price range: Prices for upcoming dates start at ?562 per night (We Price Match)
Set in a palace in Monaco listed as an historic monument, H?tel Hermitage is a luxurious five-star hotel featuring Belle-?poque d?cor just 200 metres from...
The Hermitage, Dunkeld ? Parks | VisitScotland
https://www.visitscotland.com/info/see-do/the-hermitage-p249731

Discover more details about The Hermitage including opening times, photos and more.
Warkworth Castle and Hermitage Things to do | English Heritage
https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/warkworth...hermitage/things-to-do/

Things to see and do at Warkworth Castle and Hermitage, Northumberland.

The above in bold is where I plan to visit!

It looks like the vagaries of google US what a cr*p system. :cheesy:
cider the elder

Online cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2019, 05:22:36 am »

coolbees
See amended post 6 to iddee now with sceen shot re acebird

Offline CoolBees

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2019, 04:56:28 pm »
coolbees
See amended post 6 to iddee now with sceen shot re acebird

Got it. Good one! ... a bit different that what came up the 1st time - dang google.  :grin: