Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Has Trump trashed the accepted convention with Ambassadors?  (Read 365 times)

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
Has President Trump permanently broken the convention that ambassadors must do their job as their government requires. Not as he would like. Can he not get his head around the fact that his own do the same? Will other governments now 'cold shoulder' ambassadors they don't like to prevent them carrying out their duties? Someone needs to keep tabs on the drivel he puts on twitter. :shocked: 
cider
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Has Trump trashed the accepted convention with Ambassadors?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 03:24:09 pm »
Cider,
All ambassadors work at the pleasure of the president. He appoints all of them. Their job is to carry his policies abroad.
Jim Altmiller

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 03:38:33 pm »
If the Amb. had done his job correctly, would he have resigned in shame?
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 04:51:41 pm »
Cider,
All ambassadors work at the pleasure of the president. He appoints all of them. Their job is to carry his policies abroad.
Jim Altmiller
Jim
Are we talking about the same thing? :rolleyes:

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 05:28:55 pm »
If the Amb. had done his job correctly, would he have resigned in shame?
iddee
He did not resign in shame, he resigned because G&T stopped him doing his job, as in 'uninviting' him from a large state dinner and saying he would have nothing to do with him in the future this made his position untenable. (he was due to retire in January anyway). All this came about because a diplomatic communication to the Foreign Office was leaked. The communication gave his honest opinion of the White House and Government something all Ambassadors do. Do we and other countries now make your ambassadors job untenable?
Jim seemed to think Foreign Ambassadors work for Trump, the clue is 'foreign' as in 'other countries Ambassadors' they don't work for the US. What has happened could have ramifications in diplomatic circles around the world.
cider   
https://video.foxnews.com/v/6057503993001/ 
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 06:17:20 pm by cidersabuzzin »

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 05:54:20 pm »
""He did not resign in shame""

Opinions are like ................  and most of them stink, including that one. He did a no-no and got caught. Then he resigned rather than face the consequences
Many others doing the same and not getting caught doesn't make his actions right.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 06:41:04 pm »
""He did not resign in shame""

Opinions are like ................  and most of them stink, including that one. He did a no-no and got caught. Then he resigned rather than face the consequences
Many others doing the same and not getting caught doesn't make his actions right.

What was the above all about? What did he get "caught" doing? it was his job! do you need it spelling out again?

He was doing his job, giving unvarnished opinion from someone on the inside  'to his own government' Ambassadors of all countries do the same! If yours don't they are dilatory in their duty. Can you not see the damage this could cause if you start making diplomats 'persona non grata, how do governments talk to each other? Don't tell me, by twitter :rolleyes:
cider

« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 06:55:10 pm by cidersabuzzin »

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 06:49:01 pm »
Not by twitter, .........by tact. It seems to be very scarce in this day and time.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 07:14:20 pm »
Not by twitter, .........by tact*. It seems to be very scarce in this day and time.
Maybe you should have a word with G&T, does he know the meaning of the word?
*Do you mean like the Japanese before pearl harbour.:rolleyes:
cider

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 12:55:20 am »
 how do governments talk to each other? Don't tell me, by twitter :rolleyes:
cider

Not by twitter, .........by tact. It seems to be very scarce in this day and time.

:grin:  Thanks men again for the laugh!! > points  made.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 01:07:52 am »
yes, your ambassador was doing his job.  Yes, they all write stuff like that.  Yes, if it leaks, they end up being sacked.  Do you think that if ours had said the same about your PM or whatever, they would not resign or be recalled?

Your problem is the leaker.  DT will always strike back.  That's what he does.  He is not a politician and will never act like one. 

I don't blame your ambassador.  I don't blame DT.  Find out who leaked it.  They are to blame for the dust-up. 

They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2019, 03:22:17 am »
yes, your ambassador was doing his job.  Yes, they all write stuff like that.  Yes, if it leaks, they end up being sacked.  Do you think that if ours had said the same about your PM or whatever, they would not resign or be recalled?

Your problem is the leaker.  DT will always strike back.  That's what he does.  He is not a politician and will never act like one. 

I don't blame your ambassador.  I don't blame DT.  Find out who leaked it.  They are to blame for the dust-up.

No I don't, they would carry on just as before believing they had D&T's express permission as Ambassadors of the most powerful country in the world. This way lies the death of diplomacy.

Do you think that if ours had said the same about your PM or whatever, they would not resign or be recalled?
 Considering what Trump did say about Mrs May after these revelations could you not recall or sack Trump :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2019, 04:45:24 am »

I see G&T is now back tracking on his stated opinion of the outgoing Ambassador in Washington. I think he has left it a bit late though, all countries diplomats will have taken note that he is untrustworthy and makes policy 'on the hoof' to be amended by twitter later. Oh! isn't that what our ambassador said?........
cider

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2019, 12:08:14 pm »
I see G&T is now back tracking on his stated opinion of the outgoing Ambassador in Washington.

I think there might be something else going on here that I had not thought about. 

It is becoming more apparent that some of this Russian collusion crap that has plagued Trump from the beginning was, in part, set up by some of our "allies".  Since some of the ambassadors, including yours, seem to have been involved we are now wondering how high in your governments this conspiracy went.

There may be a really good reason that Trump is ticked at this particular ambassador and is glad to see the back of him.

This mess is unrolling to be a better real-life story than any novel one could think to write.  Might explain why the Brits were asking the admin not to declassify stuff as it would hurt relationships between the countries.  You think?  You spy on a campaign for the FBI and CIA and help in the attempt to take it down before it starts and it might hurt relationships?

I don't usually go down the conspiracy theory path, but the more we find out about this stuff, the crazier it gets. 

They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2019, 12:08:38 pm »

I see G&T is now back tracking on his stated opinion of the outgoing Ambassador in Washington. I think he has left it a bit late though, all countries diplomats will have taken note that he is untrustworthy and makes policy 'on the hoof' to be amended by twitter later. Oh! isn't that what our ambassador said?........
cider

Just goes to show Big Don is not perfect and is human also. Believe it or not even he is capable of making a error from time to time. What a refreshing President, what a breath of fresh air, considering the last former Presidents made mistakes almost on daily basics and with much more important topics, than the one mistake you posted here on this boring sleepy topic. and the sheeple on the left loved them for their incompetence. 
 :cheesy:
At least when Big Don realized he COULD OR MIGHT have been wrong he moves to correction.
FOUR MORE YEARS!!
 :wink:

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2019, 12:10:17 pm »
Good points Kathy

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2019, 01:36:53 pm »
I see G&T is now back tracking on his stated opinion of the outgoing Ambassador in Washington.

I think there might be something else going on here that I had not thought about. 

It is becoming more apparent that some of this Russian collusion crap that has plagued Trump from the beginning was, in part, set up by some of our "allies".  Since some of the ambassadors, including yours, seem to have been involved we are now wondering how high in your governments this conspiracy went.

There may be a really good reason that Trump is ticked at this particular ambassador and is glad to see the back of him.

This mess is unrolling to be a better real-life story than any novel one could think to write.  Might explain why the Brits were asking the admin not to declassify stuff as it would hurt relationships between the countries.  You think?  You spy on a campaign for the FBI and CIA and help in the attempt to take it down before it starts and it might hurt relationships?

I don't usually go down the conspiracy theory path, but the more we find out about this stuff, the crazier it gets.
Kathy
Have you been up late reading RW sheeple fairy stories. This sounds right out of iddee's "I have a friend who sends me things" play book. It seems you are clutching at straws to excuse Trumps debacle with the Russians. The classic case of blame everyone else..........and as for Ben Frameds following post, pass the sick bag.

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2019, 01:48:22 pm »
That's it, Cider. Run and hide from the truth, as usual. It does hurt to face it, doesn't it?

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2019, 03:43:34 pm »
That's it, Cider. Run and hide from the truth, as usual. It does hurt to face it, doesn't it?
Now as a stranger to the truth you would know :wink: What he was alluding to was, if any more emails are released it could cause untold damage to diplomatic relations. Or do you believe all diplomatic messages should be public? I suppose that way it would relive Kathy of her conspiracy theories.
cider the elder

PS iddee why should I run and hide from your version of the truth? :grin: :grin: :grin: It is G&T who is caught up in the rancour with the Russians. As I said before the Ambassador was retiring anyway in January 2020 so what did he have to fear? I have my own crackpot theory as to why he retired early, nearly on a par with Kathy's. :wink: