Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Advantech nucs  (Read 1207 times)

Offline jtcmedic

• House Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
Re: Advantech nucs
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2020, 11:40:38 pm »
Looking forward to see how they work

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2020, 01:11:55 am »
Looking forward to see how they work

Same here. Jtc, I approached this a little different that what we discussed in the past posts. What I did is after I made the cuts, I coated all cut edges with Titebond. Just simply laid a bead of glue down the fresh cut edges and spread it evenly over this cut. I noticed that looking closely, this is what the factory did, (coated their edges with what I assume is glue, be it gorilla glue). Now when I paint them I have the assurance that these tops and bottoms will be completely sealed BEFORE paint. (Again, looking closely, I can what I think is a coat of glue on the entire surface). What do you think of this?
Am I wasting time? I am thinking what's to lose but a little glue? I buy Titebond by the gallon anyway. lol adding to my despenser when needed. But a little glue goes a long way.

Phillip Hall

Offline jtcmedic

• House Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2020, 10:56:24 pm »
[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
I dont think glueing the ends is a waist. I did it also. And I added these on bottom so they had a nice tight fit when stacked in 5 over 5

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2020, 06:42:22 am »
What I am about to say is a theory, I am thinking this stuff, LP Legacy, might be better than Advantech. The reason I am saying this is when I finished painting these tops and bottoms with three coats of semi-gloss paint, I can actually see the press marks that the press made when this product was formed. That means the force of pounds of pressure per square inch must have been tremendous! With this type of product, that is just what is needed. We will see by the test of time! In the mean, it is nice to have tops and bottoms that do not warp!

Phillip Hall