Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Why I stand  (Read 321 times)

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
Why I stand
« on: July 05, 2019, 02:28:07 pm »
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Why I stand
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 02:46:21 pm »
Thanks Iddee,
Greatly appreciated.
Jim Altmiller

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 12:35:54 am »
That was great iddee, I have walked the hills of Arlington, read many of the graves. I have witnessed the changing of the guard of the unknown soldier. I have seen where Audi Murphy lays. Audi and many others as far as you can see, over that solemn sacred ground, they served for you and they served for me.  How can any heart felt America not stand when The Star Spangled Banner is played, and how can any real American not feel the spirit of unity,  when Old Glory is waved?
Phillip Hall
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 11:34:49 am by Ben Framed »

Online cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 06:24:54 pm »

I suppose its a way of exercising the knees. :cheesy:
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline jvalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 12:20:53 am »
So, Cider, my friend.
What do you stand for?

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2019, 12:26:26 am »
So, Cider, my friend.
What do you stand for?

jvalentour I cant resist, He Probably stands for God Save The Queen.  AKA   
My Country Tis of Thee;  As we Americans know the tune. the proper words of course  :cheesy:

Offline jvalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2019, 02:22:10 am »
Let him use his own words.

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2019, 09:37:41 am »
Let him use his own words.

Oh he will!! Don?t worry about that.  😊😁 I have never known Cider to be at a loss of words. 😁
That stinger at the end of his tail in the picture with his name is no lie! But don?t take my word for it. Ask iddee!  :shocked: :shocked:
Phillip the junior
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 10:05:03 am by Ben Framed »

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2019, 11:55:19 am »
Loss for words, maybe not, but loss of an answer, YES. He reverts to snide remarks and insults when he knows he has been whipped and can't come up with a decent come back.   :wink: :cheesy:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2019, 01:24:50 pm »
Loss for words, maybe not, but loss of an answer, YES. He reverts to snide remarks and insults when he knows he has been whipped and can't come up with a decent come back.   :wink: :cheesy:

:shocked:  Haa Haa that is funny!  Thanks for the laugh. Good day to all.
Phillip
 :grin: :grin: :grin:

Online cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2019, 06:11:58 pm »
Was just sitting back enjoying the banter until........I came across.....
Whipped by ???
The "snide remarks and insults" is a bit strong, but if that's how you want to play it, fair enough. Gloves off iddee :angry:
Your........I give up!
In actual fact I think I will.   
Bye

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Online cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2019, 06:34:43 pm »
So, Cider, my friend.
What do you stand for?

My Country Tis of Thee;  As we Americans know the tune. the proper words of course  :cheesy:
The bastardised version you mean, again exercising the knees. but at least its good for something!.
Don't disturb iddee in the yard though, that muttering you hear is him talking to the bees. Undoubtedly asking which hat to wear, red or black.

Online cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2019, 06:43:20 pm »
So, Cider, my friend.
What do you stand for?
For mine, not yours.

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2019, 09:11:04 pm »
So, Cider, my friend.
What do you stand for?

The bastardised version you mean, again exercising the knees. but at least its good for something!.
Don't disturb iddee in the yard though, that muttering you hear is him talking to the bees. Undoubtedly asking which hat to wear, red or black.

Well Cider, our American roots come straight from England, Exactly where the Mayflower sailed from. So much of our history goes straight back to your, our England.  Even our American Bible is the King James Version. I am speculating that since we cut our ties, as a sentimental jester, we had to have something to remember our cousins by, so My Country Tis of thee evolved.  :cheesy:
We still have a little touch of english sympathy left in us. Even if the English, our cousins, did burn everything. Hats off to Great Britain.    :shocked:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 11:22:35 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2019, 11:10:27 pm »
No "byes", cider. I don't have the money to make a trip to England just to whup yer butt and make you post again.  :wink: :cheesy: :cheesy:

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2019, 12:03:48 am »
Cider the Coffee House just would not be the same if not for your presence here and I mean it in a good way. I say the same for iddee and others, You folks are a special group.
Phillip