Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: An old post sent out as a reminder . .  (Read 506 times)

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
Re: An old post sent out as a reminder . .
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2019, 09:21:55 pm »
"" I suppose every country has it's own. I know we do and they go back a lot further than the 1776s or thereabouts.""
And most or all are based on the truth. They all change a bit with each telling. So none can be proven 100%.

""PS; I do believe you're older than me.""*
Probably not. I'm only 132.

I've never heard "surrender monkeys", much less used it. Cowards, maybe??

If you really think I was degrading Alzheimer patients, you may actually have it. I gave you more credit than that.
* Not from what you told me.......or are you forgetting! :cheesy:
Maybe you didn't 'hear' it but it was all over the RW sheeple news. iddee when you start to accuse a complete nation of being cowards I really think it's time to back off, our banter is as nothing to what you could kick off, I know I would be rather peed off :shocked:

If you really think I was degrading Alzheimer patients, you may actually have it. I gave you more credit than that.
I'm sorry this subject for me remains closed.

I was under the impression we were discussing the participants who signed the D of In and their 'massaged' history. no problem with the massaged history, lots do it. After all nothing wrong with a little propaganda as Mr Goebbels would say.

a disappointed
cider
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2019, 12:22:55 am »
Cider, I am sorry you lost your friend to the Alzheimers disease. It really is a horrible disease.  I have something here for you. I hope you will like it.  It is from a sweet girl that lost her daddy to Alzheimer. Her name is Ashley Campbell. Her daddy was named Glen. A very nice guy.  The older bald guy on the right, her left, is Carl Jackson. He is a Mississippi boy and an Ole Miss Fan. He plays a martin guitar and played with Glen for 12 years. As TheHoneyPump says,     I hope this helps....  And I say God Bless you..

« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 01:18:34 am by Ben Framed »

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2019, 06:53:30 am »
Well, Cider, I thought the 132 would be enough to tell you I was joking. Yes, I have forgotten your age. It's hard to forget mine, as today is my 74th birthday.

As for the rest, now is the first minute of the future. All is good.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2019, 10:02:11 am »
Well, Cider, I thought the 132 would be enough to tell you I was joking. Yes, I have forgotten your age. It's hard to forget mine, as today is my 74th birthday.

As for the rest, now is the first minute of the future. All is good.
Congratulations you old codger :wink: From maybe an even older codger I'll be 75 in November 2019. Are you sure you haven't forgotten a year? I was under the impression you were the elder :cheesy: If not it looks as if you will have to show a little more respect to your betters :grin:
cider

PS; Unfortunately this has had to be a major rewrite, sorry iddee :wink:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 05:18:08 pm by cidersabuzzin »
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2019, 11:03:08 am »
 :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2019, 04:13:48 pm »
Thanks for posting this, Iddee,

One of the risks taken by the businessman and planters of the time was financial. England was their biggest market. Always follow the money. Two of the signers were 1st cousins (7x removed). They had a lot to lose.

It is a good thing to reflect on our heritage at this time of year.  :smile:
Neill