Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Welsh black bees  (Read 595 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
Re: Welsh black bees
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2019, 11:53:03 pm »
I watch Tim on YouTube, Walls BeeMan or something like that.  Can?t miss that pink undershirt shirt and shorts.  He seems like a sincere fella on his bee videos and expresses knowledge.  He has a video wearing no protection, opens a hive and soon realizes a big mistake.  Kinda funny video.
Blessings

He has been in bees for many many years. Yes he has several funny ones, has a good sense of humor. Loves to laugh. Showed one video with his son opening a modified shop vac and bees tear him up!! Of corse Tim is laughing the whole time !! He is one of the old time beekeepers. A really nice man.
Phillip

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2019, 12:24:02 pm »
Actually we don't even know if there were bees here in the first place, but we do know that there is a manifest that says they were brought her in 1622.  The vikings probably brought them back around 900 to 1000.  The Chinese probably brought some in 1421.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline van from Arkansas

• Field Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2019, 01:27:55 pm »
I did not know the Chinese were in America in the 1421.  History is not my favorite subject, but an important one.  I?ll take your word for it Mr. Bush.
Bless the Beekeepers.  Dealing with venomous insects takes courage, patience, dedication and a desire to be with nature.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2019, 03:26:41 pm »
The Chinese left chickens in California and South America.  We know that by the DNA.  They left a lot more everywhere around the world in 1421.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin