Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Is impeachment close?  (Read 4814 times)

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
Re: Is impeachment close?
« Reply #160 on: January 13, 2020, 01:43:48 pm »
What about the part that the senators take an oath to be impartial for the trial.

Yes, if the democrats in the senate are impartial, they will vote to acquit.  I don't expect them to be impartial, do you?

Also - if the dems in the house were impartial, they would have called all pertinent witnesses, opened the proceedings to the other party, and would have ended the process with no articles of impeachment  ... and we wouldn't be where we are now.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Online sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #161 on: January 13, 2020, 02:43:12 pm »
If the dems in the house were impartial, there would never have been any hearings about this what so ever. It was all political a coverup of their own actions.
Jim Altmiller

Offline jvalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #162 on: January 13, 2020, 03:11:34 pm »
I felt it would never get this far.  Pelosi's interviews this weekend led me to believe it was more of a vindictive act than anything else.  Not the way I imagined the loyal opposition behaving.  This has been a colossal waste of tax payer money.

Offline gww

• Field Bee
« Reply #163 on: January 13, 2020, 04:16:27 pm »
jvalentour
This has been a colossal waste of tax payer money.

A colossal waste of tax payer money is having air force jets stopping at a private air port to fuel up so the pilots can stay at a trump hotel.  Or, sending your old gov all the way across Ireland so he can stay in a trump property
Cheers
gww

Offline jvalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #164 on: January 13, 2020, 04:44:42 pm »
The pilots were staying at Trump's Property in Scotland long before he became President.  Only turned into an issue when the haters found out.

I suppose you think Pelosi's antics are worth the money.  She will achieve nothing.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #165 on: January 13, 2020, 05:28:09 pm »
A colossal waste of tax payer money is having air force jets stopping at a private air port to fuel up so the pilots can stay at a trump hotel.  Or, sending your old gov all the way across Ireland so he can stay in a trump property

The government sets the rates it will pay for things.  If a property does not offer itself for those rates it is not used.  Since those pilots, etc. have to stay and fuel somewhere, there is no loss to the taxpayer.  There might be a loss to the property for meeting government rates though.
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #166 on: January 13, 2020, 09:49:00 pm »
You want to pick and choose the words in the constitution that favors your choice and ignore the rest?

No, I do not.
Tom

Offline minz

• House Bee
« Reply #167 on: January 15, 2020, 05:55:32 pm »
Articles of impeachment went to the senate today. I guess the answer to the title of this thread is yup.
I do believe that he is innocent. The only reason the democrats are doing this is because he is so great that they are worried that he will fix absolutely everything and we can not have that.
Ha Ha ha. Lets all watch fox news together!

Poor decisions make the best stories.

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #168 on: January 15, 2020, 06:25:21 pm »
DANG, Minz has finnally woke up to the real world.  WUNDERBAR
 :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline minz

• House Bee
« Reply #169 on: January 16, 2020, 04:40:31 pm »
 I do have to say you guys are making me start paying attention to politics just so I can come over here and give you a purple nurple.  When gardening and bee keeping weather improves, I will leave you guys to it.
I do love the intensity

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #170 on: January 16, 2020, 07:20:42 pm »
I do have to say you guys are making me start paying attention to politics just so I can come over here and give you a purple nurple.  When gardening and bee keeping weather improves, I will leave you guys to it.
I do love the intensity

:grin: :grin:

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2020, 07:50:54 pm »
Blah, blah, blah, blah.

Have we learned anything new today?

I would rather stick needles in my eyes than to continue watching how our representatives waste time.

Are we into the trial already? It seems that way. How many more times are these handful of facts going to be repeated? The house hearings have been recorded for history.

Are there any Senators who are hearing this for the first time? I hope not.
Tom

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #172 on: January 21, 2020, 08:09:28 pm »
I would rather stick needles in my eyes than to continue watching how our representatives waste time.

I wasted several days watching and listening to the house testimony.  I was waiting for the bombshell that never came.  Not wasting time on this Senate stuff. 

Do let me know if I am missing anything!   :cheesy:
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Online Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #173 on: January 22, 2020, 10:13:53 am »
The house hearings have been recorded for history.
And so is this bogus Senate trial and the oath taken by every senator.  I keep coming back to how Hitler came to power.  I could never understand how and now I know.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #174 on: January 22, 2020, 10:18:16 am »
Allegiance to party unfortunately wins over allegiance to country.
We need a third and fourth strong political party to break this gridlock.
Lots of shame to go around in Washington. These are sad times.

Tom

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #175 on: January 22, 2020, 12:14:03 pm »
. .. We need a third and fourth strong political party to break this gridlock...

I was always taught that "splitting the vote" (adding a 3rd or 4th or etc candidate to an election) could have devastating consequences - i.e. this is the best way to end up with a real dictator - because this is when a small, but strong faction of the population (extremists from any side) can get "their" candidate and ajenda pushed on to the entire country.

... Lots of shame to go around in Washington. These are sad times.

Agreed.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #176 on: January 22, 2020, 01:12:01 pm »

We have them.  We have Libertarians, Greens, and many more.  Here is a list.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_the_United_States

Because of the way our vote counting is set up, a 3rd party would either have to run a candidate strong enough and funded enough to overtake an R or D candidate.  If you want multiple party participation we need to change to a parliamentary system.  Third party candidates are not wtihout influence.  They run in, and win, state and congressional seats. 
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline minz

• House Bee
« Reply #177 on: January 22, 2020, 04:53:35 pm »
which one does Bloomberg belong to? :grin:

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #178 on: January 22, 2020, 05:10:33 pm »
which one does Bloomberg belong to?

Depends on the day.   :cheesy:
Alexis de Tocqueville

Online Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #179 on: January 23, 2020, 09:02:35 am »
I think we need a no party system that is divorced from corporate contributions and influence.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it