Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Is impeachment close?  (Read 4757 times)

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Is impeachment close?
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2019, 10:08:38 pm »
Military equals freedom................for civilians.

They tell you when to get up, when to eat, what to eat, and when to go to bed. If they say "stand up and die", you do it

I guess that's the way Ace wants the civilians to be controlled, right down to what clothes to wear each day.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2019, 10:38:34 pm »
Ace,
That is called a nanny state. That is where we were heading up until 2 years ago. We were loosing all of our freedom. Congress is still working towards it.
Jim Altmiller

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2019, 11:03:57 pm »
Ace sure loves a good debate! He will comeback with something,  Just wait and see! 😁

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2019, 12:42:32 pm »
Ace sure loves a good debate! He will comeback with something,  Just wait and see! 😁
Ben
Something along the lines of two counts for impeachment being implemented? It's getting clooooser getting stroonger every day as the song goes. :smile: 
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2019, 01:03:28 pm »
Something along the lines of two counts for impeachment being implemented? It's getting clooooser getting stroonger every day as the song goes.

The House can send to the Senate anything they want as articles of impeachment.  The impeachment trial takes place in the Senate.

In past impeachments, of which there have been few, outside investigators found crimes.  They gave those reports of the crimes to the House.  The house then had it's own investigation/debate based on those reports of criminal behavior.

In this case, there was no outside investigation, no crimes that they could land on, and the debate was one-sided.  That's perfectly legal because the house sets its own rules.  Legal and wise are two different things.

The democrats in the house floated all kinds of wording to see what was most popular with the public.  They floated many of these "crimes" after doing polling to see what people were most favorably inclined to embrace.

What they landed on was a vague "abuse of power" and a non-crime for a president "obstruction of congress".  The first could be applied at one time or another to any president.  I can think of several actions by the last president that are incredibly serious and certainly fit the abuse of power charges.  Obstruction of Congress is just stupid.  We have 3 branches of government.  They are meant to be oppositional to a large extent.  Why?  Because it keeps any part of government (in theory) from gaining to much power.

If congress had wanted the witnesses and the documents that the president did not give them, they could have gone to court.  All 3 branches would then have had involvement and the court would have made the determination.  Not giving congress all that they ask for is routine for any president.  Congress is often forced to go to court to get stuff. 

Under the last admin, congress found the AG for Obama in contempt of Congress for not turning over documents.  Big deal.  They didn't get the documents and the guy kept his job. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2019, 01:08:13 pm »
>Not giving congress all that they ask for is routine for any president.

Clinton refused their subpoenas when they were impeaching him.  It should be expected.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2019, 02:02:41 pm »
This whole charade may bite the Dems - I'd laugh myself silly if california went Red in 2020 ...

https://twitter.com/fly3rguy/status/1204178496056107009?s=09 

You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2019, 02:08:43 pm »
It looks like they are already losing PA, MI and other "battleground" states.  If they start losing blue states, that will be wonderful.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2019, 03:10:21 pm »
It looks like they are already losing PA, MI and other "battleground" states.  If they start losing blue states, that will be wonderful.
Isn't the point of the exercise to implement doubt in public perception of G&T, not to convince a load of neo-cons on forums? Everyone knows it's not going beyond the first stage, that's irrelevant, it's the public perception :rolleyes: :cheesy:

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2019, 03:48:13 pm »
Isn't the point of the exercise to implement doubt in public perception of G&T...
Yes.

It is a good thing that the entire world has come to the same realization already.

Tom

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2019, 03:55:06 pm »
Isn't the point of the exercise to implement doubt in public perception of G&T, not to convince a load of neo-cons on forums? Everyone knows it's not going beyond the first stage, that's irrelevant, it's the public perception

If the point was to negatively impact public perception of Trump it is failing.  Both supporters and detractors are where they were.  What is changing is the perception of the purple people.  In those states, the swing is toward Trump.  Why?  Because once again people were promised THE BOMBSHELL that would convince them of what a bad person Trump is and the crimes he has committed as president.  The bombshell once again failed to materialize. 

If people had the intestinal fortitude to watch the hearings, they found that there was nothing there.  Further, they found that the witnesses called by the dems were heavily biased from the beginning of the Trump admin.  Testimony colored by bias is not worth much.  Testimony that is not first-hand knowledge of wrongdoing is even more worthless. 

People observed that the dems could not figure out what they would charge, and if they couldn't figure out what they would charge, they had nothing TO charge.  Thus the rediculous articles of impeachment on which they will vote. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2019, 04:17:32 pm »

Isn't the point of the exercise to implement doubt in public perception of G&T, ... ? Everyone knows it's not going beyond the first stage, that's irrelevant, it's the public perception :rolleyes: :cheesy:

Yes - that was their [attempted] point ... but it ain't workin' ...  I find it amusing to watch their hatred drive them into contortions - a Hollywood writer couldn't make stuff this good up ...
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2019, 05:36:37 pm »

Isn't the point of the exercise to implement doubt in public perception of G&T, ... ? Everyone knows it's not going beyond the first stage, that's irrelevant, it's the public perception :rolleyes: :cheesy:

Yes - that was their [attempted] point ... but it ain't workin' ...  I find it amusing to watch their hatred drive them into contortions - a Hollywood writer couldn't make stuff this good up ...

Quacks they seem to be cool.   :grin:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 09:11:46 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2019, 12:23:52 am »
The impeachment vote is looking pretty close at this time.  Several DemoRats in conservative districts are thinking about their next campaigns and getting reelected next year.
But,  meanwhile in London,  Boris and his Conservatives won!   :cool:
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2019, 04:55:28 am »
The impeachment vote is looking pretty close at this time.  Several DemoRats in conservative districts are thinking about their next campaigns and getting reelected next year.
But,  meanwhile in London,  Boris and his Conservatives won!   :cool:
Yes, great! just what we needed, get out of the EU and no more Corbyn. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2019, 11:56:33 am »
Yes, great! just what we needed, get out of the EU and no more Corbyn.

Now I have a question about your politics  :grin:

From an outside perspective, Corbyn seems like our Pelosi.  No one wanted him but they picked him anyway.  I always figured Nancy kept power because she'd been there so long she knew where all the bodies were buried.  Same with Corbyn?  Glad to hear him say he'd step away, but as with Nancy, I would believe it when I see it.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2019, 07:00:18 pm »

From an outside perspective, Corbyn seems like our Pelosi.  No one wanted him but they picked him anyway.  I always figured Nancy kept power because she'd been there so long she knew where all the bodies were buried.  Same with Corbyn?  Glad to hear him say he'd step away, but as with Nancy, I would believe it when I see it.
Corbyn will step down sooner rather than later, usually, it is quite soon but you never know. He was a non-entity on the backbenches propelled into the leaders position by the 'men in suits' as they used to say, a convenient frontman. But they got it wrong, he was unelectable. We now have a new phenomenon here, the Momentum Movement, effectively a party within a party. A little like your Tea Party, but not as well armed :grin: I would think they are the rioters in London, eventually they will disperse and go home to mummy. The worst thing the Labour Party did was to reduce the membership fee to around $6 and invite everyone and his dog to join, membership now up to .5m in a population of about 60m.
Unfortunately, politics are a-changing :sad:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 07:47:36 pm by cidersabuzzin »

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2019, 08:09:17 pm »

Corbyn will step down sooner rather than later, usually, it is quite soon but you never know. He was a non-entity on the backbenches propelled into the leaders position by the 'men in suits' as they used to say, a convenient frontman. But they got it wrong, he was unelectable. We now have a new phenomenon here, the Momentum Movement, effectively a party within a party. A little like your Tea Party, but not as well armed :grin: I would think they are the rioters in London, eventually they will disperse and go home to mummy. The worst thing the Labour Party did was to reduce the membership fee to around $6 and invite everyone and his dog to join, membership now up to .5m in a population of about 60m.

Now Cider, the folks which are rioters here in America are not the tea party folks. You will usually see these nice, civilized, orderly folks out with their entire families, small children to old men and women. The disturbers, the thugs, the rioters are usually the leftist bunch such as antifa. Ruthless, attacking old women in wheelchairs etc. very vile humans.  However, we did have a famous American that once said, "Walk softly and carry a big stick". Theodore Roosevelt.  I suppose there has always been thugs. Perhaps his motto was directed at the thugs of his day?   

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2019, 08:29:24 pm »

Now Cider, the folks which are rioters here in America are not the tea party folks. You will usually see these nice, civilized, orderly folks out with their entire families, small children to old men and women. The disturbers, the thugs, the rioters are usually the leftist bunch such as antifa. Ruthless, attacking old women in wheelchairs etc. very vile humans.  However, we did have a famous American that once said, "Walk softly and carry a big stick". Theodore Roosevelt.  I suppose there has always been thugs. Perhaps his motto was directed at the thugs of his day?
Ben your rambling again (will need the pills and salt shortly, a la iddee) I was just referring to a party within a party. Everyone knows the Tea party was a club for Grannies and very young children. Young children???  :shocked: :shocked:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 09:03:14 pm by cidersabuzzin »

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2019, 08:30:36 pm »

Ben your rambling again (will need the pills and salt shortly, a la iddee) I was just referring to a party within a party. Everyone knows the Tea party was a club for Grannies and very young children??? :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

:wink: