Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Is impeachment close?  (Read 7722 times)

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
Re: Is impeachment close?
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2019, 03:52:29 pm »
Ben
Why the uncalled for edit?
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline MikeyN.C.

• Field Bee
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2019, 07:44:49 pm »
Cider, I know u don't see much, the rep. from FL. Just spoke Dem. Her last name was Sahlala :smile:

Offline MikeyN.C.

• Field Bee
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2019, 07:48:24 pm »
Shalala

Offline MikeyN.C.

• Field Bee
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2019, 07:50:57 pm »
So does that give u a understanding of who dems. are voting in ?

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2019, 09:01:07 pm »
when they voted Hadassah in I wondered what they were doing, but there you go. Dems seem to vote for anyone :rolleyes:

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2019, 07:37:44 am »
when they voted Hadassah in I wondered what they were doing, but there you go. Dems seem to vote for anyone :rolleyes:
Well, he's made one of the 'Three' if you discount the republican Nixon. Something else to be remembered for as well as the hair. :cheesy:

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2019, 07:48:45 am »
But the first one to be for doing exactly what the other side has been doing.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2019, 10:36:53 am »
I predict he will be the first president to be impeached more than once.
Stay tuned.
Tom

Online TheHoneyPump

• Field Bee
  • Work Hard. Play Harder.
Is impeachment close?
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2019, 12:08:16 pm »
From north of the 49th, it just looks like a political power play devised to conceal what is really going on as regular business.  A smoke show to keep the public distracted from what laws and regulations are being passed.  What highly impactful and potentially contentious new laws or revisions are coming into effect that are not broadly aware? Because everyone is focused on the Get Trump Show.

It also looks like a disruption intended to cloud the upcoming election.  There also has been alot of bandwidth burned up over concerns of external interference in the election process.  Why no such level of concern about internal interference? which is what this blatantly looks like.  Wanna talk about abusing power, perhaps turn the lenses towards Nancy and crew and remove the smoke screen.

??-
Just like that snotty nosed privileged brat who stops her feet and screams in the middle of the crowded shopping mall.
Like that lone wolf on the trail ahead distracting from the others coming up behind and sides.
Like the mesmerizing display of the cuttle fish just before it swallows its prey.
Like the cobra calming still its meal.

The -prey- is the general public.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 12:36:49 pm by TheHoneyPump »
Bees Buzz Bees Buzz Bees Buzz Bees Buzz Bees Buzz Bees Buzz Bees Buzz Bees Buzz Bees Buzz Bees Buzz Bees Buzz Bees Buzz Bees Buzz Bees Buzz Bees Buzz Bees Buzz Bees Buzz Bees

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2019, 12:29:56 pm »
From north of the 49th, it just looks like a political power play devised to conceal what is really going on as regular business.

Perhaps, but I think there are two more likely things going on.

1. The idea that Trump will get at least one more SCOTUS appointment, and perhaps two more, scares the crap out of the left.  The last thing they want is more people interpreting cases according to the constitution.

2.  So far, they have crap candidates and are very afraid they can't beat him in the election.

The left in this country is not used to having to win in the court of public opinion.  They usually force what they want by way of leftist courts.  It is very common for them to judge shop, and get what they want.   With a liberal SCOTUS that makes decisions according to feeling rather than law, they have a good chance of not being challenged. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2019, 01:26:09 pm »

1. The idea that Trump will get at least one more SCOTUS appointment, and perhaps two more, scares the crap out of the left.  The last thing they want is more people interpreting cases according to the constitution.

2.  So far, they have crap candidates and are very afraid they can't beat him in the election.

Kathy, I would agree with you on both counts ...

... but there's something that isn't quite adding up here, (and I'm not sure I can put it into words), ... IF I read HP's comment correctly, he's searching (and offering possible suggestions) for the answer of "what else is going on?" question. He may be right ...

It certainly "feels" like there's "something else" - because what we are seeing, doesn't make sense on so many levels:

1 - dems have a plan - they always do, and their plans have been getting more advanced as the decades role by
2 - there hasn't been any actual crime that has been uncovered
3 - the Dems are running "jokes" for candidates in 2020 (somewhat unusual - as they usually can dig an Obama type out of the woodwork somewhere, and have a shot at winning - but they haven't even tried that - their running only known, vetted, "losers" in this race
4 - the Senate won't pass the "impeachment" without an actual crime, and this was known before the entire circus began.
5 - the house didn't even pretend to offer a fair "inquiry", and most in the public know it.
6 - the Dems do extensive study into public opinion - and [it might seem to some] they've totally missed the boat this time around - (I don't believe that. I think they're much smarter [behind the scenes] than that)
Etc, etc ...

So - we have a democrat party that "appears" to be trying to lose an election, apparently planned to lose impeachment  (since there wasn't an impeachable crime found, but they passed & forwarded it anyways), and stands to take a beating at the ballot boxes in 2020 ...

... what we are seeing in front of us isn't making any sense, so it does beg the question "what else is going on right now that we're being distracted from?". ...
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2019, 02:26:54 pm »
what we are seeing in front of us isn't making any sense, so it does beg the question "what else is going on right now that we're being distracted from?

There may be something.  IDK what it is.  At this point, it seems to be working more in favor of Trump.  I  never thought in my lifetime I'd see the 9th circuit court flipped, as an example.  He's done the same with other courts.  No one is paying attention to that. 

It is also possible that we are giving them more credit for brains than they deserve  :wink:  NP knew this was a bad idea, but couldn't control her nutters.  The thing we might be missing is how out of control the dems have become as they go farther and farther left. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2019, 03:38:52 pm »

It is also possible that we are giving them more credit for brains than they deserve  :wink:  NP knew this was a bad idea, but couldn't control her nutters.  The thing we might be missing is how out of control the dems have become as they go farther and farther left.

You might be, and I certainly hope you are, right.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline minz

• House Bee
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2019, 03:57:29 pm »
From a guy that does not follow politics (except for the news and late night comedians) he looks dirty. He runs his presidency like a game show, most of his associates that did not have presidential protection are doing time, he tweets stupid bleep constantly and now he is impeached. I find it difficult to believe that all the media except for Fox news is wrong and corrupt which seems to be the common theme here. Trump supporters are like an overprotective mom of a vandalizing brat that you caught him spray painting your fence and stealing your car. Well mom the cops just came and got him.
If he wanted his place in history looks like he has it.
Yeah it?s the democrats because they are afraid of how great he is?
I am in Oregon. We get what the rest of the country decides is right for us so I do not follow it other than to laugh along. I will stick to welding, bee keeping, hunting, fishing and shooting and gardening.

Poor decisions make the best stories.

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2019, 04:30:04 pm »
.... I will stick to welding, bee keeping, hunting, fishing and shooting and gardening.

We've got a lot in common - good choices of hobies imho.   :smile: :smile: :cool:

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2019, 05:12:45 pm »
I find it difficult to believe that all the media except for Fox news is wrong and corrupt which seems to be the common theme here. Trump supporters are like an overprotective mom of a vandalizing brat that you caught him spray painting your fence and stealing your car. Well mom the cops just came and got him.

We don't have to guess at the medias leanings.  Most are democrats.  We don't have to guess who they wanted to win.  We know to whom they donated money.  We also got to see them in tears and disbelief on election night.  No, not all of them are corrupt.  There have been democrat/liberal journalists who have been crying foul against both the dem legislature and press. There have been people and outlets other than FOX who have done real journalism and call this crap.   If you did follow along, you would not be surprised by things like the IGs report on the FISA abuse, as an example.  You would not have expected the Mueller Report to take Trump out.

If your source of news is the 6pm nightly, then yes, you have been lied to.  There is no kinder way to put it.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who never question what they are told by those talking heads.  I get it.  It takes time and effort to do research and a lot of people don't have the time or the energy.

Trump is many things.  He is bombastic, talks off the cuff often to his own detriment, and is a prolific tweeter.  None of that is impeachable.  No impeachable offences, as we have understood them in the past, were committed by him and no testimony said otherwise. 
The first mention of impeaching Trump came less the 24 hours after he took office.  He is not the chosen one.  He has shaken things up.  He makes dems crazy.  Not impeachable.

For congress to dumb down what is a serious and rare tool, is not for the good of the country or their party.  "I hate the guy" is not a reason for impeachment.  That you don't like him is fine.  That you base your view of the rest of us on you admittedly uninformed opinion is...odd, but fine too, I guess. 

There is more to come.  The Durham report is next.  It should be interesting.

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2019, 06:46:31 pm »
Minz, just stop and think for a minute. They said the day he was sworn in, they were going to impeach him. Then they try the Russia thing for 2 years. It doesn't work. There was nothing there and it was proven. Then they come up with an anonymous whistle blower, who may not even exist, and scream about a phone call. He released the transcript of the call and proved there was nothing there. Then they admittedly lied to congress during the hearing and still voted to impeach. Just how much do you need to know to see the frame up there. It took them 3 years and then voted on admitted lies to get it done, after they stated publicly that they were going to do it.

As Stalin said,  show me the man, I'll find the crime. They did, even tho it didn't exist.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2019, 07:57:11 pm »
Minz, just stop and think for a minute. They said the day he was sworn in, they were going to impeach him. Then they try the Russia thing for 2 years. It doesn't work. There was nothing there and it was proven. Then they come up with an anonymous whistle blower, who may not even exist, and scream about a phone call. He released the transcript of the call and proved there was nothing there. Then they admittedly lied to congress during the hearing and still voted to impeach. Just how much do you need to know to see the frame up there. It took them 3 years and then voted on admitted lies to get it done, after they stated publicly that they were going to do it.

As Stalin said,  show me the man, I'll find the crime. They did, even tho it didn't exist.

Very good iddee, and with this sort of corruption, bias, and collusion, on the part of the left, for the past three years against our President, which can be translated to the American voters, how long can we expect to be able to enjoy shooting? The democrats are vowing to take guns. They are adopting measures, threatening to use the military force in Virginia to do so!
Under the leadership of Clinton, Bush, and Obama we waved bye bye to jobs by the hundreds of thousands, if not millions and allowed to go overseas via manufaracting, without so much as putting any effort into stopping such, as far as I know.  Just poof let them go! Jobs which includes our fellow welders losing jobs and for that matter having work that requires welding? Mr Trump is bringing them back. Just look at the difference in the economy from today and before Mr Trump, the outsider, was elected.
The things we wish for is our choice for own dreams of personal pursuit of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, and good things they are, the American dream. Just live our lives and let live, but freedom is always under attack by the corrupt for their own personal gain. The Bidens for instance.  Mr Trump was accused in asking a favor for his own personal gain.  Mr Trump did not say do ME a favor and check into this, he ask to do US a favor, for the good of our country, and not once did he say or suggest quid pro quo. If so where is the proof? Yes iddee, Mr Trump stands in their way just and Mr Kennedy, a democrat stood in their way in his time. Mr Kennedy took a bullet to the head for his efforts, Mr Trump has taken a political shot to the head just as sure as Mr Kennedy took a physical bullet shot to the head, right in public for all the world to see live! Mr Trump has taken a deadly political wound to the head for all the world to see! Can he survive the deadly wound to the head? As Ronald Reagan said, every generation is one generation from losing our freedom. It is up to each of us as individuals to be informed. Unfortunately it seems that the nation is divided on this.
Evil is always out there seeking, looking, lurking, roaring like a raving wolf seeking whom it may devour.  One thing each of us should ask ourselves, regardless of political preference, is the nation better off today than it was when the democrats were in charge? Are you better off today than when either the Bushes, or Obama was in charge? If Mr Trump broke the law. For his personal gair or for the good of America, where is the proof? Just because the obviously bios news or democrats says so does that make it true? Again where was the proof, where is the proof?  We all heard the transcript, no proof was presented. All the democrats (witnesses) were questioned, where is the proof? We can talk and reason with our friends on the left until we turn blue what good has it done?  Just my opinion. 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 08:24:03 pm by Ben Framed »
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2019, 08:14:19 pm »
""how long can we expect to be able to enjoy shooting? ""

That's an easy one.   "For the rest of my life."

That may be just after they pass the law, or when I die naturally, but as long as I'm living, I will have my guns and ammo

*Shel Silverstein*

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2019, 08:16:42 pm »
""how long can we expect to be able to enjoy shooting? ""

That's an easy one.   "For the rest of my life."

That may be just after they pass the law, or when I die naturally, but as long as I'm living, I will have my guns and ammo

That just may be the case? Check out what is going on in Virginia. 
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.