Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Pessimism  (Read 131 times)

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Pessimism
« on: March 21, 2019, 10:00:49 am »
"Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen."--Robert Heinlein, The Rolling Stones (1952)

"Pessimism never won any battle."--Dwight D. Eisenhower

"No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit."--Helen Keller

"The best way to overcome the fear of loss, and therefore the fear of doing nothing, is to change your attitude."--Michael Bush

"A pessimist always sees difficulty in every opportunity while an optimist always sees opportunity in every difficulty"--Winston Churchill

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right, but the optimist has a better time on the trip."--Daniel L. Reardon

"Many an optimist has become rich by buying out a pessimist."--Robert G. Allen

"A pessimist is never disappointed"--Jack Cleary

"A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug."--Patricia Neal

"An optimist is a person who sees a green light everywhere. The pessimist sees only the red light. But the truly wise person is color blind."--Dr. Albert Schweitzer

"An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?."--Rene Descartes

"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world."--George Bernard Shaw

"Children are born optimists and we slowly educate them out of their heresy."--Louise Imogen Guiney

"Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will."--Robert Anthony

"I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else."--Winston Churchill

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past."--Thomas Jefferson

"Impossible is a word humans use far too often."--Seven of Nine (Star Trek Voyageur)

"It takes no more effort to expect the best, than to fear the worst. It's healthier, more productive, and a lot more fun!"--Philip E Humbert

"Knowing how pessimism and optimism affect one's happiness, why would I ever chose the former over the latter?"--Che Garman

"Optimism doesn't wait on facts. It deals with prospects. Pessimism is a waste of time."--Norman Cousins

"Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you"--Mary Lou Retton

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."--Helen Keller

"Optimist: Person who travels on nothing from nowhere to happiness."--Mark Twain

"Pessimism leads to weakness, optimism to power."--William James

"The optimist sees the rose and not its thorns; the pessimist stares at the thorns, oblivious to the rose."--Kahlil Gibran

"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears it is true."--J. Robert Oppenheimer

"The question isn?t who is going to let me; it?s who is going to stop me."--Ayn Rand

"The question should be, is it worth trying to do, not can it be done."--Allard Lowenstein

"There are always flowers for those who want to see them."--Henri Matisse

"There is in the worst of fortune the best of chances for a happy change."--Euripides

"Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you."--Maori Proverb

"We are continually faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as insoluble problems."--John W. Gardner

"If you worry you will eventually die. If you don?t worry you will eventually die. Might as well not worry."--Pierce Brosnan

"I don't believe in pessimism ... If you think it's going to rain, it will."--Clint Eastwood

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."--Abraham Lincoln

"Twenty--five years of study has convinced me that if we habitually believe, as does the pessimist, that misfortune is our fault, is enduring, and will undermine everything we do, more of it will befall us than if we believe otherwise."--Dr. Martin Seligman

"In South Africa, they dig for diamonds. Tons of earth are moved to find a little pebble not as large as a little fingernail. The miners are looking for the diamonds, not the dirt. They are willing to lift all the dirt in order to find the jewels. In daily life, people forget this principle and become pessimists because there is more dirt than diamonds. When trouble comes, don't be frightened by the negatives. Look for the positives and dig them out. They are so valuable it doesn't matter if you have to handle tons of dirt."--David Seabury, "The Art of Selfishness

"The point of living, and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."--Peter Ustinov

"They are able because they think they are able."--Virgil
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Pessimism
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 11:33:55 am »
"People who believe a problem can be solved tend to get busy solving it."--William Raspberry
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin