Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 319 square miles  (Read 1394 times)

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
319 square miles
« on: February 16, 2019, 10:06:35 am »

ALEXANDER HAMILTON was the creator of the Electoral College.

Subject: 319 SQUARE MILES

319 SQUARE MILES
I thought you'd find this interesting. I didn't understand this fully until now, and it should never be
changed.
Please read.
A 39 second read you will want to pass on. In their infinite wisdom, the United States' Founders
created the Electoral College to ensure the STATES were fairly represented. Why should one or two densely populated areas speak for the whole of the nation?
The following list of statistics has been making the rounds on the Internet. It should finally put an end to the argument as to why the Electoral College makes sense.
Do share this. It needs to be widely known and understood.
There are 3,141 counties in the United States. Trump won 3,084 of them. Clinton won 57.
There are 62 counties in New York State. Trump won 46 of them. Clinton won 16.

Clinton won the popular vote by approx. 1.5 million votes. In the 5
counties that encompass NYC, (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan,
Richmond & Queens) Clinton received well over 2 million
more votes than Trump. (Clinton only won 4 of these
counties; Trump won Richmond)
Therefore these 5 counties alone, more than accounted for Clinton
winning the popular vote of the entire country.

These 5 counties comprise 319 square miles. The United States is
comprised of 3,797,000 square miles. When you have a country
that encompasses almost 4 million square miles of territory,
it would be ludicrous to even suggest that the vote of those
who inhabit a mere 319 square miles should dictate the
outcome of a national election.

Large, densely populated Democrat cities (NYC, Chicago, LA, etc.)
DO NOT and SHOULD NOT speak for the rest of our country!
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
Re: 319 square miles
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 10:57:54 am »
I am glad you posted this, everyone should know. Good job!!

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 08:16:38 pm »
As Michael Bush once said it wouldn't make any difference if the elections were based on popular vote and I agree.  It is a game played by the well to do.  However, conspiring with a foreign enemy is a different subject.  Denying a citizen to vote is another subject.  Rigging elections is another subject.  My mother once told me watch out for someone who calls an opponent a liar or claims they are rigging the system because they already know how to do it.
The electoral college was created because the majority of the population was considered illiterate.  Keep in mind that at the time only males voted.  If we kept the constitution as it was written Kathy would not be allowed to speak on this forum.  If she spoke up to her husband she would be slapped silly into submission.  Liberals gave her the freedom she has now.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 08:24:29 pm »
'However, conspiring with a foreign enemy is a different subject.  Denying a citizen to vote is another subject.  Rigging elections is another subject.  My mother once told me watch out for someone who calls an opponent a liar or claims they are rigging the system because they already know how to do it.''

Your mother was right! You just described everything the democrats did along with leaving out some things also! Now what was it that CNN and Dona Brazil did? Rigging the debates? Uranium One? Muller delivering the uranium sample to the Russians on the runway? Speaking of runways, who was it that met with Bill Clinton on the runway? And to discuss what?  Kids and grandkids? HA HAA HAAA. Ace I am becoming more and more proud of of you all the time. Glad to see that you are starting to see the light of whats Right!

Offline blackforest beekeeper

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 01:36:52 am »
pity democrats and republicans don`t live in "east" or "west" or "south" and "north", but are intermingled. otherwise you could just have it out with another civil war!

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 04:41:20 am »
pity democrats and republicans don`t live in "east" or "west" or "south" and "north", but are intermingled. otherwise you could just have it out with another civil war!

To think such a thing, and suggest such a thing shows how much you really hate and despise America and Americans. You are not a friend to ANY American.  North, South, East, and West. I have suspected this for some time. Now you make it loud and clear!  Disappointed and Sad
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 02:07:21 pm by Ben Framed »

Online sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2019, 07:28:21 am »
Good post Wally.
Jim

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2019, 05:53:24 pm »
This is meant to complement iddees post # 1 here. And according to Wikipedia

Alexander Hamilton(January 11, 1755 or 1757 ? July 12, 1804) was an American statesman and one of the Founding Fathers of the United States. He was an influential interpreter and promoter of the U.S. Constitution, as well as the founder of the nation's financial system, the Federalist Party, the United States Coast Guard, and the New York Post newspaper. As the first Secretary of the Treasury, Hamilton was the main author of the economic policies of George Washington's administration. He took the lead in the Federal government's funding of the states' debts, as well as establishing a national bank, a system of tariffs, and friendly trade relations with Britain. His vision included a strong central government led by a vigorous executive branch, a strong commercial economy, a national bank and support for manufacturing, and a strong military.  Thomas Jefferson was his leading opponent, arguing for agrarianism and smaller government.
Hamilton was born out of wedlock in Charlestown, Nevis. He was orphaned as a child and taken in by a prosperous merchant. When he reached his teens, he was sent to New York to pursue his education. He took an early role in the militia as the American Revolutionary Warbegan. In 1777, he became a senior aide to General Washington in running the new Continental Army. After the war, he was elected as a representative from New York to the Congress of the Confederation. He resigned to practice law and founded the Bank of New York.
Hamilton was a leader in seeking to replace the weak national government under the Articles of Confederation; he led the Annapolis Convention of 1786, which spurred Congress to call a Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia. He helped ratify the Constitution by writing 51 of the 85 installments of The Federalist Papers, which are still used as one of the most important references for Constitutional interpretation.
Hamilton led the Treasury Department as a trusted member of President Washington's first Cabinet. Hamilton successfully argued that the implied powers of the Constitution provided the legal authority to fund the national debt, to assume states' debts, and to create the government-backed Bank of the United States. These programs were funded primarily by a tariff on imports, and later by a controversial whiskey tax. He mobilized a nationwide network of friends of the government, especially bankers and businessmen, which became the Federalist Party. A major issue in the emergence of the American two-party system was the Jay Treaty, largely designed by Hamilton in 1794. It established friendly trade relations with Britain, to the chagrin of France and supporters of the French Revolution. Hamilton played a central role in the Federalist party, which dominated national and state politics until it lost the election of 1800 to Jefferson's Democratic-Republican Party.
In 1795, he returned to the practice of law in New York. He called for mobilization against the French First Republic in 1798?99 under President John Adams, and became Commanding General of the previously disbanded U.S. Army, which he reconstituted, modernized, and readied for war. The army did not see combat in the Quasi-War, and Hamilton was outraged by Adams' diplomatic success in resolving the crisis with France. His opposition to Adams' re-election helped cause the Federalist party defeat in 1800. Jefferson and Aaron Burr tied for the presidency in the electoral college in 1801, and Hamilton helped to defeat Burr, whom he found unprincipled, and to elect Jefferson despite philosophical differences.
Hamilton continued his legal and business activities in New York City, and was active in ending the legality of the international slave trade. Vice President Burr ran for governor of New York State in 1804, and Hamilton campaigned against him as unworthy. Taking offense, Burr challenged him to a duel on July 11, 1804, in which Burr shot and mortally wounded Hamilton, who died the following day.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2019, 08:00:25 pm »
If we kept the constitution as it was written Kathy would not be allowed to speak on this forum.  If she spoke up to her husband she would be slapped silly into submission.  Liberals gave her the freedom she has now.

Want to back that up?  Republicans gave her the right to vote.  Law gave her the right not to be slapped silly.  Free speech is between the citizen and the government.  Have you ever actually read the Constitution?

The electoral college was created because the majority of the population was considered illiterate.

Try reading what Iddee posted.  It had nothing to do with literacy.  There are places, even on forums, where literacy seems lacking.

We may yet.  If it comes down to protecting our constitution and our rights, many of us took that oath and consider it still an active oath. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Online sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2019, 10:09:59 pm »
Kathy,
For a long time now the Liberals have been taking credit for all the good things the republicans in the past and blaming them for all the bad things the Democrats did.
Jim

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2019, 10:49:48 pm »
Great piece Iddee,  Ace on the conspiring with our foreign enemies are you talking about H C.  and for the slapping down, there is still some domestic violence that goes on but I would hope that most men then and now would and should now stand for that to be carried on.  And for rigged elections I know myself of one for sure.  It was a mayors election back a few years ago in what lots of peoples thinking a small town.  The Mayor had people that worked for the city vote for him even if they lived several miles out of town, one box of votes was locked and left the polling place, 1 1/2 to 2 hours later it arrived to be counted.  The lock was off and late.  Also the state had poll watcher there to make sure every thing went correctly.  The Mayor was re-elected, I know what you are thinking, wrong.  This was in Mississippi, the Mayor was Black and the opponent was White.  There was a trial about this and the Judge sided with the Mayor even after all this came out in the trial.  I know this isn't the way a lot of you think about Mississippi but it is what happened.

Joe D

Offline salvo

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2019, 10:58:46 pm »
Hi Folks,

I just read that:

Amendment 13; Abolished slavery. 100% Republican support. 23% Democrat support.

Amendment 14; Gave citizenship to the now freed slaves. 94% Republican support. ZERO% Democrat support.

Amendment 15; Right to vote for all. 100% Republican support. ZERO% Democrat support.

Can this be true?

Say it ain't so Kathy! Say it ain't so!

Oh the shame.

Sal

Salvo

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2019, 11:17:03 pm »
Good point Joe. Crooks are crooks no matter the color. What party was this crook associated with Joe?

Online sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2019, 06:42:40 am »
(Say it ain't so Kathy! Say it ain't so!

Oh the shame.

Sal)
😅

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2019, 11:13:26 am »
You don't even have to go back that far.  in my lifetime the civil rights acts were also passed by majority Republican votes.  FDR wouldn't support the anti-lynching bill because he was afraid it might interfere with getting support for his precious UN.  Bobby Kennedy wouldn't do anything about the attacks on black civil right movements in the south other than make reports.  JFK voted against prior civil rights acts as Senator. 

Personally, I think the '64 civil rights act went too far, but this is my opinion with the benefit of hindsight.  It addressed private business behavior and the government should not have gone there.   At that moment, it seemed like a good idea for obvious reasons. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2019, 09:53:15 am »
Our founding fathers thought we should have different constituencies for various sections of the Government.  Unfortunately we have already interfered with some of that when the constitution was amended (the 17th Amendment) to allow the people to elect US Senators (superseding Article I, section 3 Clause 1 and 2) instead of being elected by state legislatures.  I think it was better when the state legislatures elected one of their own (who they know as a legislature) to represent them in the US Senate.  Originally congressmen were elected by the people, senators were elected by the state legislatures, presidents were elected by the electoral college, the electoral college was elected by the people, the supreme court was appointed by the US President and approved by congress.  I don't think we should change that.  It was part of the checks and balances we built into the system to prevent emotional reactions from ruling our country.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2019, 11:42:25 pm »
Michael, I think we owe a lot of the original stuff in the Constitution to Native Americans, particularly the Cherokee Nation, which if memory serves me right, had the first bicameral legislature and the first Supreme Court.  Do you have any information on this?
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2019, 02:40:34 pm »
Mostly the Constitution, the concept of checks and balances, the separations of powers comes from the Iroquois Confederacy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iroquois
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2019, 08:04:12 pm »
If we kept the constitution as it was written Kathy would not be allowed to speak on this forum.  If she spoke up to her husband she would be slapped silly into submission.  Liberals gave her the freedom she has now.

Want to back that up?  Republicans gave her the right to vote.  Law gave her the right not to be slapped silly.  Free speech is between the citizen and the government.  Have you ever actually read the Constitution?

The electoral college was created because the majority of the population was considered illiterate.

Try reading what Iddee posted.  It had nothing to do with literacy.  There are places, even on forums, where literacy seems lacking.

We may yet.  If it comes down to protecting our constitution and our rights, many of us took that oath and consider it still an active oath.
Explain please in more than one line your thoughts! :rolleyes:
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2019, 01:02:21 am »

Explain please in more than one line your thoughts! :rolleyes:

I'll explain. It is called the Pledge of Allegiance. I had to take that pledge/oath every morning in grade school.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln