Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: So. Jan 1, 2019.Whose Running?  (Read 1545 times)

Offline salvo

• House Bee
So. Jan 1, 2019.Whose Running?
« on: January 01, 2019, 06:44:43 pm »
Hi Folks,

Whose running for 2020?

1. Another Angry Old White Man,... Lizzie Warren.

2. Robert Francis Kennedy's son,... Robert Francis O'Rourke.
(As Joe Kennedy would say, Muh bruthuh from a different muthuh.)

Click the link:
https://nowthisnews.com/videos/politics/joe-kennedy-iii-and-beto-orourke-go-on-the-best-road-trip-ever

Ask not what you can do for your country - ask what your country can do for you.

Who else?

I watched C-Span this morning.

Sal
Salvo

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
Re: So. Jan 1, 2019.Whose Running?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 10:21:17 pm »
El Chapo will be our next Democrat president.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 08:18:30 am »
Too many to count ... they know it is going to be a shoe in.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 02:00:02 pm »
The count on the Dem side is huge.  If they don't go with someone moderate, they will be in trouble I think. 

I'll go back to my original prediction that Trump will not run for a 2nd term. 

So we need to consider both sides.
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 03:00:27 pm »
Whoever the Dems nominate will be cut to ribbons before the primaries end.  If Trump does run again, he will also be badly damaged.  That?s the nature of presidential campaigns today, I guess.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline blackforest beekeeper

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 03:10:37 pm »
when are elections for president due?

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 03:29:58 pm »
First Tuesday in November in 2020, and every 4 years the same.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 10:24:04 am »
I'll go back to my original prediction that Trump will not run for a 2nd term. 
He probably won't have much time between golf and visiting his family members in jail.
So we need to consider both sides.
Always...
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 12:44:52 am »
Ace did you move from NY to FL  to be closer to Trump.  How are you liking down south.  There are a lot of the northern bees that go to Ca wintered between me and the MS gulf coast.

Joe D

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 09:13:38 am »
Yes the weather is paradise compared to Utica.  That I do like.  Unfortunately the land has been gobbled up by the carpet baggers from the north east.  It is not much different then living around the big apple and Jersey.  You can see the frustration in the local Floridians driving habits.  They have adopted the Jersey driving style. LOL
It is no secrete that Fl is a retirement state.  The massive migration to FL is going to swing the politics greatly to the left.  This is happening right now with the fight over the red tide problem.  As the problem gets worse the Trumpsters are going to go elsewhere.  They don't need to stay if their environment is not paradise.  The family will probably sell Mar a largo to the Russians if the Saudi's don't already own it to pay for legal representation.
Nancy has got the gavel back and 6 republicans are voting with her and she didn't need their votes.  Trump's shenanigans are over.  "You are free from everything in this country but the consequences of what you do."
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 12:14:46 pm »
"You are free from everything in this country but the consequences of what you do."

Remember this when you all have turned the state blue and you start dealing with the taxes and regulations.   :wink:
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline MikeyN.C.

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 01:36:49 pm »
Especially if we get GREEN NEW DEAL

Offline blackforest beekeeper

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 03:33:50 pm »
Especially if we get GREEN NEW DEAL

whatsthat`?

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 04:56:57 pm »

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2019, 05:18:25 pm »
"You are free from everything in this country but the consequences of what you do."

Remember this when you all have turned the state blue and you start dealing with the taxes and regulations.   :wink:
Kathy, have you driven in FL especially around Orlando?  Every major road is a toll road and some don't take cash.  FL is the state of taxes and fees and a hoopala of regulations certifications and more fees.  The republicans have not done much for the state.  Do you think a wall around the state high enough that you couldn't see the ocean would keep the immigrants out?  I don't.  Who would do all the hard work for pittens pay?  They come because we need them and we want them.  Same as every other border.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2019, 05:33:48 pm »
""Who would do all the hard work for pittens pay?""

Any and every body who got hungry if we didn't give more for welfare than they can make by working. Welfare should be by private citizens, or a minimum to stay alive if given by government. Then you would have plenty of workers without illegal immigrants.

*Shel Silverstein*

Online kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2019, 06:16:11 pm »
Do you think a wall around the state high enough that you couldn't see the ocean would keep the immigrants out?  I don't.  Who would do all the hard work for pittens pay?  They come because we need them and we want them.  Same as every other border.

I don't want to keep immigrants out.  I want to keep illegals out.  If we need workers then we can get them legally.  We already have millions of people in the hopper trying to come in legally.  Maybe we should take care of them first? 

FL ranks 28th out of 50 for cost of living.  NJ is 41 and NY 49.  My state has a higher cost of living than FL at a ranking of 37th.  So FL may not be the best, but it is certainly not anywhere near the worst. 
Alexis de Tocqueville

Online CoolBees

• Field Bee
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2019, 06:18:24 pm »
What our newest moron in congress is requesting.

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2018/12/21/18144138/green-new-deal-alexandria-ocasio-cortez

Oh Joy! Here we go again! ... the writer doesn't seemed to be bothered by history, or facts, or knowledge.

"We can print our own money!" Yay! ... wait ... yeah, that doesn't actually work ... so sorry ...

... and I could go on - for hours.

Thanks for posting that Iddee. Very educational.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Online CoolBees

• Field Bee
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2019, 06:20:56 pm »
What our newest moron in congress is requesting.

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2018/12/21/18144138/green-new-deal-alexandria-ocasio-cortez

Iddee - you should post this under its own topic, so we can tear it apart piece-by-piece. ... imho.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2019, 08:47:49 pm »
You've got it, coolBees. Do whatever you want with it. I don't have a copyright on it.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline MikeyN.C.

• House Bee
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2019, 10:18:01 pm »
Get rid of all fossil fuel.

Offline MikeyN.C.

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2019, 10:29:40 pm »
Ace,
I was there 2 yrs. ago spent $15 in change. Learned real quick the back roads.

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2019, 07:48:14 am »
Ace,
In the Jacksonxille area, there are very few toll roads. We have new ones going in but they are express toll roads. That means if you do not want to pay, you stay out of them and deal with the traffic. That is a win win situation. South Florida does the same.
Jim

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2019, 09:01:04 am »
I don't want to keep immigrants out.  I want to keep illegals out.  If we need workers then we can get them legally.  We already have millions of people in the hopper trying to come in legally.  Maybe we should take care of them first? 
All for it.  Vote Trump out so the courts can continue what they were doing instead of being shut down.

FL ranks 28th out of 50 for cost of living.  NJ is 41 and NY 49.  My state has a higher cost of living than FL at a ranking of 37th.  So FL may not be the best, but it is certainly not anywhere near the worst.

Almost half of NY is in one city.
You can do a comparison between West Palm Beach and Utica or NYC and Utica.  Comparing one state against another is not the real story.
https://www.bestplaces.net/cost-of-living/food/utica-ny/west-palm-beach-fl/85000
Although FL has a west coast and an east coast it is all considered "The East Coast".
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2019, 09:14:43 am »
Ace,
In the Jacksonxille area, there are very few toll roads. We have new ones going in but they are express toll roads. That means if you do not want to pay, you stay out of them and deal with the traffic. That is a win win situation. South Florida does the same.
Jim

Win, win?  Not the way I see it.  That forces congestion.  Which increases accidents and fatalities, driving your insurance cost nuts.  It also puts a burden on the local population going to work everyday.  What does a road do?  It increases commerce and wealth.  What do toll booths do?  Places a burden on the poor and health risks to the local people, increases the frequency of accidents, causes unnecessary congestion, slows down commerce.
I don't see any win, win in that.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2019, 11:33:29 am »
You don't see a win-win because of all your fantasies blinding you. None of what you just posted is correct. The express lanes reduce the traffic in the free lanes by however many want to pay to go faster. All the other fantasies are debunked by that same fact.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2019, 03:04:24 pm »
In Texas, a lot of the toll roads that our taxes built as free roads, built with state highway funds and federal funds, even parts of the interstate system, have been sold off to a big Spanish company to ?administer? for many years (like 40 or 50 years).  Do you know whether your toll roads are still owned by Florida?  The way it used to work here was that once the tolls paid off the bonds sold to build the road, it became a FREE road.  Now our tolls go to a company with a name like Texas Tollway Authority, but that is misleading because it is owned by somebody in Spain.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Online kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2019, 06:24:44 pm »
What does a road do?  It increases commerce and wealth.  What do toll booths do?  Places a burden on the poor and health risks to the local people, increases the frequency of accidents, causes unnecessary congestion, slows down commerce.
I don't see any win, win in that.

This is a point I have tried to make in my state which is now considering toll roads.  They are not privatizing the roads, although the tolling system will no doubt set up and run by a private company.  they are simply finding ways to add a new tax.

They say they need it for road maintenance but that's what they said the gas tax and the gas tax raise was for.  It all went into the general slush fund.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2019, 09:08:15 am »
They say they need it for road maintenance but that's what they said the gas tax and the gas tax raise was for.  It all went into the general slush fund.

NYS set up the Thruway Authority when the one toll road was built.  Similar story as yours about proceeds going to maintenance, which was poor.  No tax revenue ever goes specifically to what it is intended.  Then a bridge abutment washed out in early morning and killed a number of people.  The poop hit the fan and now maintenance is a top priority for the authority.  I think you will find in general that most proceeds for toll roads go to salaries and pensions and almost never support the community they burden.

Now a republican would say you should pay for the use of the roads you use.  A Democrat says you already are with your taxes.  The building of roads brings in wealth so you should invest in them.  Charging a toll just expands corruption and places a burden on the local community.

I got another one for you; the lottery.  The lottery was suppose to fund education.  The lottery brings in enough revenue to pay for a doctorate degree for everyone in the state but not nearly enough to pay for the corruption of its officials.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2019, 11:02:15 am »
Now a republican would say you should pay for the use of the roads you use.  A Democrat says you already are with your taxes.  The building of roads brings in wealth so you should invest in them.  Charging a toll just expands corruption and places a burden on the local community.

I got another one for you; the lottery.  The lottery was suppose to fund education.  The lottery brings in enough revenue to pay for a doctorate degree for everyone in the state but not nearly enough to pay for the corruption of its officials.

I don't have a problem with the idea of toll road if the roads are privately maintained and there is a commensurate reduction in tax.  that never happens.  In general, private companies do a better job in all things and are more accountable.  You can fire a private company.  You can't fire the state.
CA used to have some of the best roads in the nation.  Their gas tax and other taxes went into dedicated funds.  You could see exactly how much they took in and where it was spent. Gas tax to roads.  Property tax to schools.   Once they went to a general fund you could see neither without much effort and everyone could stick their hand in there for whatever they wanted.

The lottery is like the pot tax.  Another way for states to raise money.  The difference is that both activities are done by choice.  While they claim driving is a choice, for most of us, it is not.

The gas and cigarette taxes are good examples of how the government tries to manipulate behaviors and then cries foul when what they are doing does what they intended.  :wink:
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2019, 08:50:35 am »
In general, private companies do a better job in all things and are more accountable.

Certainly not the case with the NYS Thruway Authority.  Anything public that is run by private is subsidized.  Almost instantly becomes corrupt and out of the reach of the voters.  Anything out of the reach of the voters can not be fired.  To think so is a fallacy.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2019, 12:22:07 pm »
In general, private companies do a better job in all things and are more accountable.

Certainly not the case with the NYS Thruway Authority.  Anything public that is run by private is subsidized.  Almost instantly becomes corrupt and out of the reach of the voters.  Anything out of the reach of the voters can not be fired.  To think so is a fallacy.

And a government employee can be fired?  Malarky!  Try getting rid of even a janitor in a VA hospital who will not do his job.  It's possible only if the administrator is willing to devote a year or more to it.  Meanwhile, he/she can just hang out in a stairwell and let his/her assigned area get dangerously filthy.  Just an example, but the same is true all through the public employee sector.
Not that it is any easier in some private industries.

Offline salvo

• House Bee
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2019, 11:46:39 am »
Hi Folks,

So, June 28, 2019. Who's REALLY running???

That person will likely announce in September, 2019.

Oprah??? Michelle??? HILLARY?????!!!!!!

Sal

Salvo

Offline salvo

• House Bee
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2019, 09:12:30 pm »
Hi Folks,

Obama calls me a Bitter Clinger.
Hillary calls me a Deplorable.
Muslims call me an Infidel.
Cortez calls me Garbage.
Pete Buttigieg calls me a Racist.
President Donald Trump calls me an American.

We're gonna need a bigger basket!

Sal
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 10:52:37 am by sawdstmakr »
Salvo

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2019, 10:56:09 am »
I don?t think it will bee Hillary. I have not seen her in the news for a long time. I think the health problems she was having during the election have caught up to her.
Jim Altmiller

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2019, 12:41:07 pm »
I don?t think it will bee Hillary. I have not seen her in the news for a long time. I think the health problems she was having during the election have caught up to her.
Jim Altmiller
How about Michelle with Oprah as vice. Oprah's got the money and the following to give the G&T a run for his money. Surely she could hoover up the votes of female 'sick of Misogynistic Trump' voters? :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
cider
PS I think Sal is getting worried :smile:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 01:13:37 pm by cidersabuzzin »
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2019, 06:48:13 pm »
Getting worried?? HA HA. Sal is bragging. He knows the election is just a formality. Trump has already won re-election.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2019, 06:22:28 pm »
Getting worried?? HA HA. Sal is bragging. He knows the election is just a formality. Trump has already won re-election.
God help you :cool: especially if the poo hits the fan over Iran.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2019, 02:58:32 pm »
Cider,
The true statement is: God help us if he doesn?t win.
Jim Altmiller

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2019, 09:10:32 am »
Jim, God is not going to help Trump.  He gave us a taste of the devil when we didn't pay attention.  Now it is going to take many Hail Mary's to atone for his sins.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2019, 01:32:24 pm »
Jim, God is not going to help Trump.  He gave us a taste of the devil when we didn't pay attention.  Now it is going to take many Hail Mary's to atone for his sins.

Ace, you been taking lessons from Ben? :wink:

Offline salvo

• House Bee
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2019, 06:48:29 pm »
Hi Folks,

IN THE BEGINNING GOD CREATED THE HEAVENS AND EARTH!

This has made a lot of progressives very angry.

And it has been widely regarded as TRUMPS FAULT!

Sal
Salvo

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2019, 03:23:26 am »
 :grin: :grin: :grin:

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2019, 05:18:24 am »
 :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2019, 07:29:49 pm »
 :grin:

Online kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2019, 08:59:57 pm »
IN THE BEGINNING GOD CREATED THE HEAVENS AND EARTH!

This has made a lot of progressives very angry.

And it has been widely regarded as TRUMPS FAULT!

And don't forget your towel!
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline salvo

• House Bee
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2019, 11:56:34 pm »
Hi Folks,

I listened to both debates. Exhausting.

TAKE-AWAY.....

Well,... There is an old theory that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Democrat Party is for, and why it is here,
it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

After listening to the debates I've concluded,... THIS HAS ALREADY HAPPENED!

Sal

Salvo