Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Sanctions  (Read 2142 times)

Offline jvalentour

• Field Bee
Re: Sanctions
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2018, 09:47:58 am »
I'm pleased to see that Cider is researching prior to commenting.

Never crossed my mind to eat squirrel brains.....

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Field Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2018, 10:04:47 am »
Seems to be much more of that caught from eating UK beef than squirrel brains.  :shocked:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/creutzfeldt-jakob-disease/symptoms-causes/syc-20371226

Maybe you should be seeing your doctor. You seem to have been showing symptoms lately.   :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

CJD captured public attention in the 1990s when some people in the United Kingdom developed a form of the disease ? variant CJD (vCJD) ? after eating meat from diseased cattle. However, "classic" Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease hasn't been linked to contaminated beef.

vCJD has been nearly eradicated in the UK population of cows. Can you say the same about your tree rats? :wink:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 11:27:01 am by cidersabuzzin »
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2018, 12:29:39 pm »
""vCJD has been nearly eradicated in the UK population of cows""

That says it all. Now show me which is more prevalent, even after ""NEAR"" eradication.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Field Bee
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2018, 01:40:58 pm »
""vCJD has been nearly eradicated in the UK population of cows""

That says it all. Now show me which is more prevalent, even after ""NEAR"" eradication.
Well since your tree rats are wild I don't think you will ever know and just have to take the chance............but in the UK

http://www.oie.int/animal-health-in-the-world/bse-situation-in-the-world-and-annual-incidence-rate/number-of-cases-in-the-united-kingdom/

in 2016 there were 0 cases notified I'll not increase the font size it looks childish. :cheesy:
Now can you get me figures of how many of your tree rats have vCJD? :cheesy: (start looking for the pills iddee , look for the pills)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 02:09:22 pm by cidersabuzzin »

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2018, 02:02:48 pm »
Zero, cider. It has never happened. It all came from info out of the UK.  Just more of your country's BS.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2018/10/19/squirrel-brains-infectious-disease-cruetzfeldt-jakob-wasting-hunting-game-meat/1684817002/
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline jvalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2018, 03:21:34 pm »

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Field Bee
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2018, 05:42:41 pm »
I'm pleased to see that Cider is researching prior to commenting.

Never crossed my mind to eat squirrel brains.....
Why do you think the spinal column from slaughtered cows has to be removed, before they enter the food chain? :rolleyes:
You may be having to look for the pills like iddee.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Field Bee
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2018, 06:12:40 pm »
Zero, cider. It has never happened. It all came from info out of the UK.  Just more of your country's BS.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2018/10/19/squirrel-brains-infectious-disease-cruetzfeldt-jakob-wasting-hunting-game-meat/1684817002/

"But the fact that the person did eat the neurological tissue from a game meat led Lesho to caution hunters". ie squirrel brains. :rolleyes:  what is attached to the brain? the spinal cord which has to be removed from cattle before entering the food chain. I think I would be tempted to remove the tree rats before 'pan frying it'. Yuk :rolleyes:
Better to stick with the KFCs but then again that's washed in chlorinated water. :cheesy: No, stick to the tree rats.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 10:57:28 am by cidersabuzzin »

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Field Bee
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2018, 06:35:34 pm »

iddee can you clarify your aspersion "It all came from info out of the UK.  Just more of your country's BS"
Are you referring to the paper because its got 'democrat' in the title?
Or is 'it' creeping up on you. :wink: P&S P&S

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2018, 05:10:00 pm »
""The ?squirrel brain? case dated to 2015, when a man came to the hospital with neurological symptoms. After imaging tests, doctors suspected the man had CJD, which gained notoriety in the 1980s with an outbreak in Britain of what was called mad cow disease.""

Get someone to read the article if you can't comprehend it.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2018, 05:12:33 pm »
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Field Bee
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2018, 06:14:39 pm »
I knew I had just seen this somewhere.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-18/mad-cow-disease-case-confirmed-on-farm-in-scotland

:cheesy:
I notice you didn't mention this:
New Case of BSE Detected in United States

On August 29, 2018, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced a confirmed atypical, H-type case of bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) in a six-year-old mixed-breed beef cow in Florida.  USDA reported that this animal never entered the food supply and at no time presented a risk to human health. See the USDA notice External.
Cases Identified in the United States

There have been  six cases of BSE identified in the United States: Alabama (2), California (1), Florida (1), Texas (1), and Washington (1).
https://www.cdc.gov/prions/bse/bse-north-america.html

Yet one case in Scotland is worthy of a mention! Could be construed as 'Fake News' with a bit of condescension thrown in.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 06:40:04 pm by cidersabuzzin »