Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Global warming, greenhouse effect, we are all gonna die. NOT.  (Read 2576 times)

Offline beepro

• Field Bee
Re: Global warming, greenhouse effect, we are all gonna die. NOT.
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2018, 09:04:32 am »
Yes, Ace, I did mention about cutting down the trees.   As long as the population continue to grow people will
need lumbers to build more houses.   How can you stop them from killing more trees?   Planting more tree is my answer.

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2018, 12:25:35 pm »

When I was in hellementary school, they were preaching the world would be frozen by 2025.
When my older daughter was the same age, they began preaching flooded coasts and constant hurricanes year 'round by 2012.
When my younger daughter began mandatory indoctrination, the world was due to become an ice planet, because of greenhouse warming, by 2020.
They can't make up their bloody minds, and the ONLY thing that they are consistent about is the alarmism and money-groveling demands for higher taxes.

My philosophy...

it doesn't matter the reasonClimate change always happens...
[/ADAPTb][/size]
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2018, 07:31:39 pm »
Good post Hops. Most people do not remember that that the earth was supposed to be frozen by now.
Jim

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2018, 08:11:00 pm »
Planting more tree is my answer.

Beepro most of the trees that take a long time to grow go into furniture.  In the civilized world companies that take down trees are required to replace them.  It is pretty simple math.  The crime doesn't appear until you go to a country with no restrictions.  They can cut down a forest and grow corn to make ethanol.  We as a country support that because it fattens up our fat cats and is done in another country.  There is no way you and I can make up for the destruction by planting trees in our country.  The US is small in comparison to the rain forest in other countries.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2018, 08:13:49 pm »
Most people do not remember that that the earth was supposed to be frozen by now.
I never heard of such nonsense.  Hmm, where did you go to school?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2018, 09:04:25 pm »
""I never heard of such nonsense.  Hmm, where did you go to school?""

In the good ol' USA. You would know it if you had been around when Ike was president.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline beepro

• Field Bee
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2018, 04:25:02 am »
Well Ace, it would have to be a grass root organization to do so in every country not only limiting
to ours.   For this to work everybody who has a concern for our planet's future need to get involve. 
Everybody need to build a platform to execute this "plant a tree" to save our world mission.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2018, 08:25:45 am »
Our Co-operative extension has been selling off trees at a very reduced rate every year as long as I can remember.  We would get 20, two bunches, and plant them all and get them up a couple of feet high and then the deer would eat them to the ground so we stopped doing that.  The simple solution is if the world needs trees stop killing them.  Nature will put back what was destroyed no matter how it was destroyed.  There aren't enough grass roots people in the world that can replace what is lost in one of your forest fires.  However nature can do in 20-30 years without lifting a finger.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2018, 11:01:28 am »
Most people do not remember that that the earth was supposed to be frozen by now.
I never heard of such nonsense.  Hmm, where did you go to school?
It's not a matter of 'where' we went to school, but 'when'. 
My post was to illustrate the absurdly variable predictions that the so-called "climate scientists" (many of whom have no education in climatology or meteorology) continue to throw at us as "facts".
Each generation has been subject to a new prediction of certain devastation by our own hand unless we submit to their way of thinking and subjugation.  None of these predictions have ever come true, and none ever will. 
Your grandchildren will have new "predictions" thrown at them than you or I had, all for the sake of control of the populus.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2018, 01:44:32 pm »
I seem to recall some popular books on the subject in the 1960s and maybe 1970s, but don't remember the names or the authors' names. 
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2018, 02:16:11 pm »
Our Co-operative extension has been selling off trees at a very reduced rate every year as long as I can remember.  We would get 20, two bunches, and plant them all and get them up a couple of feet high and then the deer would eat them to the ground so we stopped doing that.  The simple solution is if the world needs trees stop killing them.  Nature will put back what was destroyed no matter how it was destroyed.  There aren't enough grass roots people in the world that can replace what is lost in one of your forest fires.  However nature can do in 20-30 years without lifting a finger.

Tell that to the indigenous people in the Amazon basin who are burning forests to clear land for farming so they can feed their families.  At times, the smoke and particulates make it all the way up into the coastal areas of Texas.  I have asthma now as a result of breathing that stuff about 15 years ago when I went south of Austin for a few days and got my lungs filled with crap from South America.  You can't really blame those people for trying to scratch out a living, but there has to be another way.

On the other hand, some forests benefit from fires.  Old trees are not as efficient at processing carbon dioxide as younger trees, for one thing, and the fire burns off the dead stuff on the forest floor.  Some seeds require fire in order to germinate.  If the forest service people could practice good management without political interference, the forests would be better off.  Travelling through the Northwest, I've seen vast areas of pines killed off by pine bark beetles carrying a virus or something from tree to tree.  If lumber companies could harvest those dead or dying trees, they wouln't have to import any lumber and sunlight would get to the seedlings that are coming up.  Forestry is really a complicated field and I have almost no understanding of it.  You may be an expert in that science, Ace, but somehow I doubt it.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline paus

• Field Bee
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2018, 03:32:56 pm »
It seems as though everyone is on their favorite soap box.  Fact: if a tree burns or rots the exact thing happens but at a different speed, sooner or later the same elements return to the earth or atmosphere.  The main difference is that we can't see or sense the gases so we think "It ain't happening".  But in the grander scheme of things it all evens out.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2018, 04:19:16 pm »
It seems as though everyone is on their favorite soap box.  Fact: if a tree burns or rots the exact thing happens but at a different speed, sooner or later the same elements return to the earth or atmosphere.  The main difference is that we can't see or sense the gases so we think "It ain't happening".  But in the grander scheme of things it all evens out.

You are correct about all the elements being returned to the soil, but I would rather be around a rotting tree than one that's burning -- unless it's burning in a barbecue pit :cool:.  Love that BBQ.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2019, 03:05:46 pm »
It seems that any climate scientist who is retired is willing to say what they think.  The ones who still have a career ahead of them are not so prone to be forthcoming.

Here are 25 NASA scientist, most of which are now retired on Global warming:

My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2019, 06:39:37 pm »
I was watching a show the other day about a massive, for the times, city in what is now Il.  How were they able to support such a concentration of people in that area?  Well, they looked at tree rings to get a clue and found that around 900 AD the weather was so much warmer in that area that they were able to grow crops like corn year around.  Can you grow corn in Il in winter now?

Climate change also probably helped lead to the downfall of that same civilization as it has for other civilizations.  Climates change.  People adapt, move, or die. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2019, 08:07:20 pm »
I was reading an article about the 2007 prediction that polar bear would go extinct in 10 years due to climate change/warming. Back then they claimed there were only 10,000 polar bears in the world. Because of this scare, they were put on the endangered species list. Today?s very conservative figure is 50,000. The author believes that the true number is around 70,000.
Jim

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2019, 08:46:39 am »
An article on Global warming.  Note the dates.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2019, 04:18:14 pm »
Global Warming; 31,487 Scientists say NO to Alarm
-------------------

Online van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2019, 06:20:32 pm »
An article on Global warming.  Note the dates.

Great post Mr. Bush, just like Hops said, every decade the same argument.  The only difference is the date is rolled forward as the decades pass.
Blessings
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2019, 08:36:29 pm »
Great post Michael. Every American student should be required to watch this. Oh yea, the left controls our schools so that will never happen.
Jim Altmiller