Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Global warming, greenhouse effect, we are all gonna die. NOT.  (Read 2577 times)

Van, Arkansas, USA

Global warming, greenhouse effect, we are all gonna die. NOT.
« on: August 17, 2018, 08:04:22 pm »
Folks, for the past 10,000 years, since the last ice age, this planet earth has been warming.  However for the past 2 decades, meteorologists have hit the alarm bells claiming GREENHOUSE EFFECT is the cause.

Meteorology is not a true science rather a pseudo science.  The local weatherman {woman} cannot accurately predict weather a week in advance.  The weather on this planet is to complicated for mankind to fully understand.  There is just to much data, North, Pole, South Pole, the equator, the mountain, oceans desserts, on and on, so much data that cannot be fully understood.

Yet to the contrary weather experts claim Greenhouse Effect as if this was a proven well understood fact.  The truth is as stated this planet has slowly been warming for 10,000 years.  There are remaining glaciers from the last ice age and yes they are receding as they are supposed to.

Are people contributing to global warming, yes, no, well maybe.  The truth is we can?t accurately say one way or another what the influence or how much influence modern civilization has on global warming.  What effect on the South Pole does carbon dioxide production in the US: It?s impossible to calculate or determine.

So the next time you hear gloom and doom: global warming, we will all perish, oceans rising, it?s preventable, it?s manmade, it?s all mans fault:::: say yep it?s been slowly going on for 10,000 years and meteorologists just noticed the past 2 or 3 decades that indeed Earth temperatures are rising.

Health and Prosperity.

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Global warming, greenhouse effect, we are all gonna die. NOT.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 08:37:07 pm »
Global warming wasn?t that important until people like Al Gore and governments figured out that they could make a lot of money pretending to try to stop it.
Jim

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 10:17:18 pm »
Bees have air conditioned their hives for 10,000 years. Man finally figured out how they did it, and started using air conditioning in the 1930's. Grandmas have known for a thousand years that chicken soup cures colds. Scientists finally found out how about 20 years ago. Man is so smart, he is totally dumb.Why can a dog eat spoiled meat, but it will kill a human?
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 11:25:05 pm »
Wally, people used to eat spoiled meat and all kinds of spoiled  food.  Then they got away from that because of refrigeration and stuff and they lost the things in their guts that protected them from the bacteria in spoiled food -- well, I've read that they used to have a lot more stinky flatulence than is normal today, but they weren't dying from it.  I used to have a water well that supplied my household water.  I had it tested and it was high in e coli, but it had not affected me or my family.  I guess we had built up a resistance to it.  Anyway, people are pretty resilient, I guess.

As to air conditioning, I grew up in South Texas at a time when movie theaters were about the only places that had air conditioning.  From mid-March to the end of May and September 1  through mid-November, classrooms were sweltering.  Now, those are considered intolerable conditions and even criminals in prisons are protected from such "unconstitutional violations of human rights".

We're living in a different time, my friend. 
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 09:16:57 am »
We humans like to point the finger at someone or something else when there is evidence staring you right in the face.  Florida is by far the most polluted state in the union and very soon it is going to get much worse.  No where else is there an annual green and blue slime surrounding a large portion of the state.  If you are from the sugar industry you blame it on the cows up north.  If you don't own cows you blame it on the sugar to the south and the old people moving to FL for their retirement years.
I think the scientist are not such fools that they don't know that the earth is warming.  I think the alarm is the rate at which it is warming and the evidence of why that is happening.  Most people don't like restrictions but most people like clean water and air so they are not willing to move to an area or country that doesn't have any restrictions.  So if you take a state like Florida that has three main industries, agriculture, nursing homes, and tourism and one of them is completely shut down due to the pollution, which way will the restrictions go?  Will the people move out or will more restrictions be placed on agriculture?  We only need to look at another state Hawaii, which had a similar pollution problem and also has a strong tourist industry.  They got rid of sugar.  We can get sugar from other countries that don't have any restrictions and avoid living in the pollution.  Unfortunately moving industry to another country doesn't solve global warming it makes it worse because the restrictions are removed.  We saw and see that happening as industries moved to China.  No restrictions and green house gases skyrocket.  Oh yeah, there is evidence.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline beepro

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 04:56:35 pm »
Well, plant more trees to turn the desert into a living "green" lung.   As long as they don't
cut off all the trees in the equator we're still safe for the time being.   It was the people who set off the
fires in CA either on accident or on purpose.  Global warming?  We still have time if everyone is motivated enough to
plant more trees in large quantity.

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2018, 06:12:49 pm »
You're right, chicken little. Global warming is melting the sky and it's falling in droplets. Some idiots say it's only rain, but us smarter ones know it's the sky melting.

RIGHT, CHICKEN LITTLE?
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Van, Arkansas, USA

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2018, 06:46:32 pm »
Ace, your post enlighten me,,,I had no idea.  I hear/read red tide as if it was a natural phenomena in Fl.  Good to know the real facts, thanks Buddy.

What??? We can?t import sugar,, so we pay the highest price compared to other countries, due to well organized sugar lobbyist. Lobbyist should be tarred and feathered, except the NRA.

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2018, 06:49:09 pm »
Van, Ace will agree with you. He will say all lobbyists should be t&f except NRA. He will say they need to be shot.   :cool:   :cheesy:

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2018, 09:32:40 pm »
If the global warming was real Miami, New York City, Jacksonville, New Orleans and every other city on the coasts of every continent would be under water.  They are not. Jacksonxille has always been about 6? above high tide and it has not changed.
Jim

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2018, 08:51:13 am »
We still have time if everyone is motivated enough to
plant more trees in large quantity.
Man does not need to plant any trees he just needs to stop destroying the ones that nature grows.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2018, 08:55:41 am »
If the global warming was real Miami, New York City, Jacksonville, New Orleans and every other city on the coasts of every continent would be under water.
Jim did that data come from the scientist at Fox news or was that straight from the words of Trump?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2018, 10:32:19 am »
It came from me. In school we were taught that if the global temperature rose one degree that the oceans would rise significantly. I have been living in Jacksonville since 1985 and it has not changed.
Jim

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2018, 11:19:13 am »
I think that "one" degree is for ocean temps.  Surface temps fluctuate all over the place but the general tendency is that it is on the rise and the rate is increasing.  The oceans have a huge thermal inertia but if the surface temperature continues to rise eventually the oceans will too.  If you wait until you see a problem it will be too late to do anything about it.  The odds are we will all be dead before there is a problem (coastal cities under water) so we can be irresponsible and not have to pay for our mistakes.

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/understanding-climate/climate-change-global-temperature

Iddee you got it backwards.  The ski is not falling the earth is rising.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2018, 02:25:10 pm »
Ace, is the above a direct quote from Al Gore, the number one residential polluter in Tenn.?

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2018, 08:49:53 pm »
I don't know.  I never mentioned Al.  You seem to be on his case.  Politicians say and do what works for them.  Most scientist have little political motivation unless a politician is supporting their theory.  So if you can attribute a scientist findings to a politician then ignore his findings.  It doesn't mean he is wrong but a true scientist is not swayed by political gain.  So I will turn off CNN and you turn off FOX and let us make decisions on people who know more then both of us and are not affiliated with the politicians.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2018, 09:49:25 pm »
""Most scientist have little political motivation unless a politician is supporting their theory."

And just where do you think they get their funding for all their research and salaries, if not from the GOV., given to them by the politicians that tell them what ""facts?"" to find?

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2018, 10:51:58 pm »
Wally, I am shocked -- SHOCKED-- that you have such a cynical view of our public servants.  As we all know, they are dedicated to helping the downtrodden and unselfishly devoted to the public welfare.  Surely you must be mistaken if you believe any of them are in our nation's capital for self-aggrandizement.  Please tell me it isn't so, dear iddee.  Tell me it isn't so.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2018, 06:26:51 am »
PLEASE, Dallas, that crap is even too deep my chest waders, let alone a measly pair of boots.   :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 07:28:02 pm by sawdstmakr »

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2018, 08:45:17 am »
In the case of global warming, greenhouse effect there is not a lot of research necessary because it is all on public record with the exception of our present administration who refuses to record anything.  He likes to make it up as he goes along with his esteemed third grade level of reading.
Most research is done by private enterprise, or universities funded by private industry and governments.  In the case of governments the credibility increases when multiple governments agree.  In the case of private industry credibility is checked by peer review or government regs.  Private industry is competitive by nature so for any business trying to bring something to market there are 100 other businesses looking over their shoulder.  Most money hungry businesses try to disprove global warming because ultimately it means more regulation.  So yes, by all means follow the money.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it