Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: It's so simple  (Read 5779 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
It's so simple
« on: February 22, 2018, 06:42:05 pm »
 If someone asks you what the difference is between most of the Obama/Hillary/Bernie supporters and most of the Trump supporters, instead of
>
> stammering and stuttering and trying to come up with a long answer, just tell them...
>
>
> The Trump supporters sign their checks on the front, and the Obama supporters sign their checks on the back.
>
>
> I NEVER REALIZED THAT IT WAS THIS SIMPLE!
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Re: It's so simple
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 11:18:30 pm »
I don't sign my checks.  I use a stamp for the front or the back.  Bank doesn't care.  The company I work for gives me a make believe check that is stamped.  The money just goes directly into my account the check is worthless.  It is simple, the Obama supporters are mostly young and educated more in tune with the times while the Trump supporters are 4 grade drop outs wishing we were still in the 50's. :tongue:
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 11:23:53 pm »
If someone asks you what the difference is between most of the Obama/Hillary/Bernie supporters and most of the Trump supporters, instead of
>
> stammering and stuttering and trying to come up with a long answer, just tell them...
>
>
> The Trump supporters sign their checks on the front, and the Obama supporters sign their checks on the back.
>
>
> I NEVER REALIZED THAT IT WAS THIS SIMPLE!

As in payroll checks
Neill

Offline minz

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 08:33:59 pm »
I am not certain what made me laugh more: the joke or Ace?s response!
Poor decisions make the best stories.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 08:37:36 pm »
If I can make a person laugh it makes my day.  Thanks minz.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 12:03:31 pm »
You're right, Ace. The young are educated in all the ways to get free handouts. Us old Trump supporters are dumb enough to think we still have to work and earn it.

I wonder just what year pride and self-respect was dropped from the English language.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 06:06:52 pm »
Iddee,

Then why would you support a man that has never worked a day in his life?
Neill

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2018, 06:35:29 pm »
Herbhome, are you joking?  Just pulling iddee's chain?

If you're serious, I guess I never worked much, either.  I just went to the office to play.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2018, 07:00:12 pm »
Dallas,

Were you wealthy enough to hire everything you wanted done, literally everything? I'm guessing Trump's hands are as soft as a baby's bottom. I wouldn't dare assume he could fry an egg or drive a nail.
Neill

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2018, 07:10:56 pm »
Herb, I used to leave the office and go run a chainsaw for relaxation and rest. Working in an office managing other people and being responsible for their livelihood and the means of their survival, along with taking care of all the  actions that you had to extract from others, some away at distant points. You couldn't see or talk to them, but still had to make sure they did the job correctly.
Sorry, Sir, but Trump worked harder than any laborer ever dreamed of.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2018, 07:32:08 pm »
Iddee,

My career was based on working for wealthy people. I never had a government job. I made many millions for my employers. I don't say that with resentment but pride. I don't resent the rich, they made my livlihood possible. I never made the mistake of believing they were on my side or looking out for me. To think the billionaires club he belongs to has the best interest of the working class is the ultimate in folly.
Neill

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2018, 08:01:11 pm »
You missed my point entirely. Believe me, the bosses want to be sure their employees are in shape to get the work done. That means seeing to it that their paychecks don't bounce, even if they don't get a check for a month or two. I have been there. It's not the bosses caring about the worker for the worker's sake. It's the bosses caring about the workers for the bosses' sake. Without competent, happy, cared for employees, the bosses don't make money.

You said it yourself, you were happy and proud to work under the conditions the bosses supplied. You knew the check would always be there and your family would be fed. You went home at the end of the day and enjoyed time with family and friends. The bosses went home whenever they knew the shop and employees were taken care of, and not before.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2018, 09:02:22 pm »
We definitely agree on that! :smile:
Neill

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2018, 09:57:33 pm »
The young are educated in all the ways to get free handouts.

Wally there is only a few that are educated and get free handouts.  It is not much different then our generation.  Surely you don't believe our generation didn't have free loaders.  I wish I didn't know some of them.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2018, 09:59:46 pm »
Ace, our generation had the freeloaders, but our generation didn't have the enablers we have today. Also, how many of those educated ones have grants or "never to be repaid" loans to get that education?

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2018, 12:44:44 am »
Iddee, not repaying student loans hurts the lenders, Ii suppose, but at least the students got some education.  Compare that to the third-generation welfare moms who sit at home and eat junk food and drink while raising the next generstion of welfare moms with no fathers in the picture for any of them.  I'm not sure where the line should be drawn on that.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2018, 06:29:46 am »
Herb,
Company managers that have learned to take care of their people far exceed those that just take advantage of their people.
It took a while for me to learn that as a leader in the Navy. Once I realized that when I changed from worrying about getting the job done to making it my job taking to take care of my people, I found out that most people did a better job of getting the job done than I could telling them how to do it. To top it off, they liked being able to do a good job. Besides taking care of them, my main job was letting them know the goals.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2018, 10:17:41 am »
how many of those educated ones have grants or "never to be repaid" loans to get that education?

I think it depends on if they attained a degree or they dropped out without attaining it.  Yes, there are some that got the degree and haven't paid off the loans and that hurts future students from getting those loans.  The likely scenario is if the government did not invest in higher education there would be a lot more paid out in welfare in the long run.  There would also be a lot more baby makers which will increase welfare.  This is the dilemma the country faces if they eliminate some of these "give away" programs.  Pick your poison.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2018, 10:51:09 am »
You're right again, Ace. The left is going to give away all I make, one way or the other. They would never dream of cutting the freebies enough to make the baby makers go to work.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2018, 03:01:50 pm »
They would never dream of cutting the freebies enough to make the baby makers go to work.

For the most part they are not employable unless you give them a government job.  Would you hire them?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it