Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: NFL's selective memory  (Read 164 times)

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
NFL's selective memory
« on: October 12, 2017, 10:08:53 pm »
Let the NFL?s selective memory , remember Veterans Day boycott. .
Here are some ?fun? NFL facts

In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling for each game to pray,
they also had an issue with Tebow wearing John 3:16 as part of his blackout
to avoid glare and made him take it off.

In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to raise
awareness for people with mental health disorders.

In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference
wearing a shirt that said "Know Jesus Know Peace" but was forced to turn it
inside out by an NFL uniform inspector before speaking at the podium.

In 2015 DeAngelo Williams was fined for wearing "Find the Cure" eye black
for breast cancer awareness.

In 2015 William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to raise awareness
for domestic violence. (not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem...)

In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their
helmet in honor of 5 Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty.

In 2016 the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats to
commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.

So tell me again how the NFL supports free speech and expression all of a
sudden....  Don?t forget to show your freedom of expression and boycott the NFL on Veteran?s Day week end.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline herbhome

• House Bee
Re: NFL's selective memory
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 12:19:16 am »
Interesting....hypocrisy much?
Neill

Online sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 12:28:26 am »
Good one Wally.
Why only on Veterans Day. I'm boycotting them until the NFL comes out and stops it completely. And I'm doing it the one year the jaguar s are winning for the first time since their second year.
I don't care, I won't watch them.
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Online Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 05:55:13 am »
Interesting... If only a media outlet would call them out on it... Oh yeah... The media is only making it worse by making it such a big deal. If they had just ignored Kapernick last year it would never have come to this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Online Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 05:59:44 am »
Good one Wally.
Why only on Veterans Day. I'm boycotting them until the NFL comes out and stops it completely. And I'm doing it the one year the jaguar s are winning for the first time since their second year.
Jim
I don't have any idea how my team is doing. I can't say if they have a winning record or not.

All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Online sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 06:10:15 am »
Good one Wally.
Jim
I don't have any idea how my team is doing. I can't say if they have a winning record or not.

Hard not to know that the jags are winning. It is a big news story here.
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 08:44:05 am »
I am wondering how many NFL players voted for Trump.  My guess would be quite a lot of them.  Oops there goes another one of them.  Oops there goes another one of them...   :oops:
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Grady

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 10:44:51 am »
The media will never call them out and point out the hypocrisy.  They might lose their "good" story.

Personally I've stopped watching NFL games.  I've called and written advertisers to complain about them supporting the NFL.  I've stopped buying NFL advertiser products.   If enough people would put their complaints into action and and turn off the NFL games, stop buying NFL advertisers' products, stop buying game tickets, stop attending games, etc. they would soon get the message.  When, and only when, the NFL corporate and individual teams feel a negative economic impact you will see all this stop.  But while a lot of people will complain few will actually take it any further.

Online Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 11:48:12 am »
The media will never call them out and point out the hypocrisy.  They might lose their "good" story.

Personally I've stopped watching NFL games.  I've called and written advertisers to complain about them supporting the NFL.  I've stopped buying NFL advertiser products.   If enough people would put their complaints into action and and turn off the NFL games, stop buying NFL advertisers' products, stop buying game tickets, stop attending games, etc. they would soon get the message.  When, and only when, the NFL corporate and individual teams feel a negative economic impact you will see all this stop.  But while a lot of people will complain few will actually take it any further.

I think if you look at the television ratings for NFL games this season viewership is down quite a bit. I don't think it will be too long before enough of the money doesn't come in for them to notice. I would be willing to bet that if a player ever did this in the NHL they would likely face consequences. Of course... Players in the NFL used to face consequences that is how the thread started... The NFL has lost its way...