Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Las Vagas  (Read 4883 times)

Online gww

• Field Bee
Re: Las Vagas
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2017, 12:26:30 am »
Kathey
You ever play with a trench sweeper?
Cheers
gww

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2017, 03:31:10 am »
Kathyp, a bayonet is a military weapon, designed and made to kill humans only. Anyone buying an 8 or 10 inch knife should have to be tested, according to Ace.
Normal kneejerk thoughts from the left.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2017, 06:08:47 am »
Kathyp, a bayonet is a military weapon, designed and made to kill humans only. Anyone buying an 8 or 10 inch knife should have to be tested, according to Ace.
He's from New Yuk... Bayonets and pistol grips are illegal here because... Not sure why... Uncle Andy is a moron I guess... I am sure that murder rates with bayonets is really high... My guess is Ace voted for Andy and has the same mentality...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2017, 08:18:08 am »
I have seen plenty of bayonets.  I am not sure what a pistol grip is that would be illegal.  I could care less about either.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2017, 08:24:12 am »
But, Ace, they are military weapons. You said yourself that anybody wanting to buy one should be tested. Are you backpedaling already?
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2017, 09:07:37 am »
So what, exactly, is your definition of a military weapon?
Any device that can turn a single shot rifle into an automatic weapon.  And of course any automatic weapon.  Any ammo that is designed to kill human beings and not used for hunting.  Which includes gernades, rocket launchers, bazookas and their ammo.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2017, 09:40:30 am »
So what, exactly, is your definition of a military weapon?
Any device that can turn a single shot rifle into an automatic weapon.  And of course any automatic weapon.  Any ammo that is designed to kill human beings and not used for hunting.  Which includes gernades, rocket launchers, bazookas and their ammo.
Well all those things are already illegal except for the bump stocks. They were okayed by the Obama administration.

Online gww

• Field Bee
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2017, 09:52:43 am »
psparr
They were okayed by the Obama administration.

Which shows that no matter who you elect, the opposite from what you think you are getting happens.  Just like with bush senior who was a life long american rifle association member.  Lets just see what our future holds with trump.  I would not bet against new laws but only time will tell.
Cheers
gww

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2017, 11:43:07 am »

I have not.  Fun?

Anyone buying an 8 or 10 inch knife should have to be tested, according to Ace.

You say that in jest, but look at the knife laws in England.  Even to buy bigger kitchen knives you have to show ID and sign for them. 

https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Online gww

• Field Bee
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2017, 12:02:08 pm »
Kathy
I bought one for resale once.  I only used it where I held the trigger down and pumped the pump one time (too cheap to buy the bullets but wanted to try it).  Any other shooting, I just used it like a squrrel gun.  I have not made my mind up on wether basically hip shooting a twelve guage multiple times is fun or not.  It is intence.
Cheers
gww

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2017, 12:33:25 pm »
 >Any ammo that is designed to kill human beings and not used for hunting.

The criteria to humanely kill a deer is exactly the same as the criteria to be deadly to any deer sized mammal.  Which includes humans.  They are the same ammo.  The ammo that the gun control people want to outlaw is always the least deadly ammo.  The two least deadly bullets are the full metal jacket which makes one clean hole with minimal damage (the bullet required by the Geneva convention in warfare for this reason) and the rapidly expanding bullet that has a lot of shocking power but no penetration.  The ideal hunting round for deer (and therefore humans) is one that penetrates to the vitals but does not go all the way through and expend it's power on the dirt behind the deer.  In other words, neither a full metal jacket nor a rapidly expanding bullet.  The gun control people are always focused on outlawing the guns that are the least dangerous and least used in crimes.  Most crimes are committed with handguns.  Of course as the anti-gun people keep telling the criminals that AK-47s are much deadlier, they are starting to like those.  Still they are a small minority of the guns used in crimes.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2017, 12:58:11 pm »
I would add to what MB said by saying that in warfare, wounding a soldier is better than killing him, because it takes one or two other soldiers to help the wounded, whereas those soldiers are able to continue fighting when a comrade is dead.  Therefore, the least lethal the bullet that incapacitates and threatens the life of a soldier is preferred, at least in theory.  In the heat of combat, however, one wants to kill all the enemy bast**ds.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2017, 01:47:18 pm »
> In the heat of combat, however, one wants to kill all the enemy bast**ds.

Mostly so they will stop shooting at you...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline cao

• Queen Bee
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2017, 01:49:46 pm »
Kathey
Cheers
gww
You are talking about winchester model 97 aren't you.  If so I have several (long and short barrel varieties).  The one I got from my dad was the first shotgun I shot.  I used it for squirrel hunting.  I never tried holding the trigger while pumping it(never thought about it).  I have emptied my remington 1100 semi automatic on several occasions.  Fun, but buy the time you get to the last shell there isn't much aiming involved. :wink:

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2017, 02:00:45 pm »
news media claims:
"largest mass shooting in American history"

I am not downplaying the seriousness of what has happened.  But I am very tired of the fake news media misusing superlatives.  9/11/2001 was not the "bloodiest day in American History" either.  Not even close.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Las_Vegas_Strip_shooting
58 deaths
489 people injured

Wounded Knee Massacre
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wounded_Knee_Massacre
329 killed (both sides)
90 wounded (both sides)

Sand Creek Massacre
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sand_Creek_massacre
187 killed (both sides)
52 wounded (whites, the wounded Indians either escaped or were killed)

Washita Massacre
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Washita_River
171 killed (both sides)
13 wounded (whites, the wounded Indians either escaped or were killed)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_the_United_States

Shows at least 9 massacres in the US where the numbers exceeded 58 deaths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_massacres

Many of these were before the US was a country, but 42 exceed a hundred dead, many exceed several hundred dead, 12 of them exceed 500 dead and some are several thousand dead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round_Valley_Settler_Massacres_of_1856_-_1859

No telling how many days they exceeded 58 Indians shot in one day.  Over a period of about 3 years they had murdered somewhere between 9,000 and 19,000 of the Indians.  Too many to count.  The government of California not only allowed this, but reimbursed expenses incurred while exterminating Indians.  California spent over a million dollars paying people to kill Indians.

Unfortunately there have been many days in US history where more people were shot than October 1, 2017.

Of course I left out hundreds of battles where many more died, these I listed are just mass murders.  The US may still claim some of the Indian massacres as battles, but if you read the history they were peaceful Indians camped where they were told to be if they wanted peace or they were peaceably practicing religion and were recently disarmed (as in Wounded Knee) Indians that were in Federal custody.
-------------------

Online gww

• Field Bee
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2017, 02:04:39 pm »
cao
I grew up with a feather weight 1100 20 guage. 
Cheers
gww

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2017, 02:56:21 pm »
Thanks for that, Michael.

My first thought when I heard them say that was, " hadn't they heard of Wounded Knee?" That kind of reporting gives rise to exclamations of "fake news".
Neill

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2017, 05:15:22 pm »
>My first thought when I heard them say that was, " hadn't they heard of Wounded Knee?"

I'm Lakota.  That was my first thought as well... my second was Sand Creek, my third was Washita... but those all pale in comparison to that three year blood bath in Round Valley, California.
-------------------

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2017, 09:43:56 pm »
I never thought about the Indian massacres. I should have. My first thought was that tragic events should not be glorified by the media and doing so only increases the likelihood that somebody else will try something like this again in the future. That said it might be fun to point out the Indian massacres to the fake news... An op ed would be cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2017, 11:09:04 pm »
And that was just the shooting wars.  There were also the weapons of mass destruction -- chemical weapons?  How about smallpox virus-laden blankets issued to the people?  Indian agents who sold the beef intended for the people to other crooks, while the Indians starved?
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944