Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Big Lies  (Read 15998 times)

Offline salvo

• House Bee
Re: Big Lies
« Reply #300 on: April 02, 2019, 08:12:09 pm »
And do not forget,...  REVENUE NEUTRAL!

Naturally when the supply of millionaires fails, and it will, the hacks? definition of millionaire will become anyone who makes over, say, $40,000 a year. But logically, how can you simultaneously promote both a progressive income tax and regressive tolling for people who can?t afford to live in the city?

Answer: You can?t.

Revenue neutral is as big a fraud as a ?sun-setted? tax, which theoretically means that when the purpose of said tax is realized, the tax ends. Example: When the bonds that financed the original Mass Pike construction were paid off, the tolls would come down,... In 1988.

How?s that ?sun-setted? tax working out for you?

Another myth is ?earmarked? taxes. Remember the automatic gas-tax increases that these same DOT hacks were promoting in 2014? All the additional funds ? 100 percent ? would have supposedly gone to repairing the so-called crumbling infrastructure.

Talk about taxation without representation. Around here, taxation with representation is odious enough.

Not my words,.., but my song!

Sal
Salvo

Offline salvo

• House Bee
« Reply #301 on: April 14, 2019, 08:49:33 am »
Hi Folks,

Patriot's Day tomorrow. Go out and salute a flag.

California's latest Fuddle Duddle

?People are actually ridiculous enough to bring up comments about our cop cars having American flags on them.?
? Councilman Peter Blake, Laguna Beach, Calif.

Attorney Jennifer Welsh Zeiter said she thought the police cars were ?exceptional? and suggested that the opposition might have a political motive. She said some people are so filled with hate toward President Trump ?that they cannot see through their current biases to realize that a police vehicle with the American flag is the ultimate American expression.?

VTY

Sal

Oh! Don't forget to file your taxes. I got two extra days here in Taxachusetts
Salvo

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #302 on: April 14, 2019, 05:53:12 pm »
Have we had this one yet? 

These bonds will add nothing to your taxes.

One of our favourites was "We will not raise tuition fees" (as in 'university fees') The Liberal-Democrats party before going into coalition with the Conservative and Unionist Party. Total liars :angry:   
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 08:37:39 am by cidersabuzzin »
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline CoolBees

• Field Bee
« Reply #303 on: April 14, 2019, 06:49:22 pm »
... Total liars :angry:

True - Politicians at almost every level it seems.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #304 on: April 15, 2019, 08:24:20 am »
You can always tell when politicians are lying.  Their lips are moving...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #305 on: April 15, 2019, 12:34:27 pm »
"We will not raise tuition fees"

"fees" and taxes, which are pretty much the same thing when collected by the government, are the things that keep governments humming along.  If you don't want more of them, then you don't want more government.

College tuition when up a lot after our government decided to take over the student loan program.  Why anyone thought that was a good idea is beyond me.  Easy money on one end leads to increased taking on the other. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/prestoncooper2/2017/02/22/how-unlimited-student-loans-drive-up-tuition/#7d01a13c52b6
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #306 on: April 17, 2019, 01:15:43 am »
"We will not raise tuition fees"

"fees" and taxes, which are pretty much the same thing when collected by the government, are the things that keep governments humming along.  If you don't want more of them, then you don't want more government.

College tuition when up a lot after our government decided to take over the student loan program.  Why anyone thought that was a good idea is beyond me.  Easy money on one end leads to increased taking on the other. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/prestoncooper2/2017/02/22/how-unlimited-student-loans-drive-up-tuition/#7d01a13c52b6

Yes and I bet the giving and taking ratio was not 1 to 1 either.    :grin:

Offline salvo

• House Bee
« Reply #307 on: April 18, 2019, 06:17:44 pm »
Hi Folks,

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was pumped to attend a taping of The Price Is Right in Hollywood this week. The special guest introduced herself as a U.S. representative and rising star of the Democratic Party. Things got interesting when the game began and every time it was her turn to estimate the price of an item her answer was ?free.?

Items included a set of Italian leather handbags, an all expenses paid trip to the Bahamas, and a brand new 2019 BMW 330i, at all of which Ocasio-Cortez shouted, ?FREE!?

When host Drew Carey asked if Ocasio-Cortez understood the game?s rules, she told Carey not to cat-call her and then responded, ?Don?t hate me cause you ain?t me.?

Sal
Salvo

Offline salvo

• House Bee
« Reply #308 on: May 19, 2019, 10:34:09 pm »
Hi Folks,

Truth is stranger than fiction. James Comey tweeted:

The president claiming the FBI?s investigation was ?TREASON? reminds me that a Russian once said, ?A lie told often enough becomes the truth.? That shouldn?t happen in America. Who will stand up?

Sal

Salvo

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #309 on: May 20, 2019, 06:21:18 am »
Comey should know. He has started enough of them
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline salvo

• House Bee
« Reply #310 on: May 25, 2019, 09:38:53 am »
Hi Folks,

Rep. Adam Schiff: Declassifying Documents Is ?New and Dangerous Phase? of Trump?s 'Coverup'.

So lemmee get dis straight. Giving the U.S. citizens more information,... is a cover-up????

How so Obi Wan?

Perhaps the meaning is that it is dangerous to the democrats coverup.

Sal
Salvo

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #311 on: May 26, 2019, 03:34:14 pm »
Rep. Adam Schiff: Declassifying Documents Is ?New and Dangerous Phase? of Trump?s 'Coverup'.

On any subject he is a complete idiot.  In this case, I think he and his buddies are getting a little nervous.  Kinda makes you wonder what is in those documents to make them nervous?  Guess we'll find out.
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline salvo

• House Bee
« Reply #312 on: June 16, 2019, 08:45:57 am »
Hi Folks,

U.S. Escalates Online Attacks on Russia?s Power Grid

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/15/us/politics/trump-cyber-russia-grid.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

And Trump wasn't even told, DONTCHA KNOW!

Sal
Salvo

Offline salvo

• House Bee
« Reply #313 on: June 21, 2019, 08:50:34 am »
Hi Folks,

OK!

A drone was shot down.

Justin Trudeau met with Iranian officials on June 17, closed doors.

Justin then met with President Trump yesterday.

Who is this guy Alexandre (Sacha) Trudeau????

From a paper in 2014:
Not only is Justin Trudeau, son of former Liberal Prime Minister of Canada Pierre Trudeau and current Liberal Party Leader himself, a suspected closet Islamist, his brother Alexandre Trudeau, a top adviser of his, has been involved with propaganda operations of the Islamic Republic of Iran, its bogus claims regarding its nuclear program and smears and slurs against Israel.

Sal
Salvo

Offline salvo

• House Bee
« Reply #314 on: June 24, 2019, 11:06:36 pm »
Hi Folks,

Apparently, Nancy Polosi is a little ticked off that the the President didn't bomb the sand out of Iraq.

She thinks something is up with Sock-boy (aka Justin Trudeau) spilling the beans to Trump. The following is all CODE for.... something:

Pelosi will also be meeting with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Thursday. The speaker is expected to make good on her wager with the leader after her hometown team, the Golden State Warriors, lost the NBA championship to the Toronto Raptors. Pelosi will be giving Trudeau some of California's best known products -- among them wine and Ghirardelli chocolate.

I'm telling you. You can't tell the players without a program.

Sal
Salvo

Offline Jim 134

• Super Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #315 on: July 23, 2019, 07:08:39 am »
The biggest lie I was told,
      Eat all your food so you can grow up to be big and strong... All it did is make me grow up and be big and fat.  :wink:

BEE HAPPY  Jim134  :smile:
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline salvo

• House Bee
« Reply #316 on: August 24, 2019, 08:38:39 am »
Hi Folks,

HEADLINE!

BOSTON UNIVERSITY STUDY

Transgender College Students Are Up to Four Times as Likely to Experience Mental Health Problems

https://www.bu.edu/articles/2019/transgender-college-students-mental-health-problems/

No kidding Dick Tracy.

Sal
Salvo

Offline Anonimo22

• House Bee
« Reply #317 on: August 24, 2019, 08:56:53 am »
Hi Folks,

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was pumped to attend a taping of The Price Is Right in Hollywood this week. The special guest introduced herself as a U.S. representative and rising star of the Democratic Party. Things got interesting when the game began and every time it was her turn to estimate the price of an item her answer was ?free.?

Items included a set of Italian leather handbags, an all expenses paid trip to the Bahamas, and a brand new 2019 BMW 330i, at all of which Ocasio-Cortez shouted, ?FREE!?

When host Drew Carey asked if Ocasio-Cortez understood the game?s rules, she told Carey not to cat-call her and then responded, ?Don?t hate me cause you ain?t me.?

Sal

Nice.

Let's not forget all her campaign finance violations. Although to be fair, I often mix up AOC's campaign finance violations with Ilhan Omar's.

And the sad part of this is that probably a great chunk of Congress also has all kinds of campaign finance violations.

A lot of the money going to these people and to lobbing IS really from foreign governments trying to change ours.

And what makes it even more frustrating is these foreign governments then accuse of being the bad guys, when it was their money in the first place trying to bribe our leaders. Endless circle of chaos.

Offline salvo

• House Bee
« Reply #318 on: September 17, 2019, 08:50:41 am »
Hi Folks,

Dirty, dirty politics!

They got nothing, nothing but lies. These are bad people.

From Hunter Thompson:

This is one of the oldest and most effective tricks in politics.  Every hack in the business has used it in times of trouble, and it has even been elevated to the level of political mythology in a story about one of Lyndon Johnson?s early campaigns in Texas.  The race was close and Johnson was getting worried.  Finally he told his campaign manager to start a massive rumor campaign about his opponent?s life-long habit of enjoying carnal knowledge of his own barnyard sows.

?Christ, we can?t get a way calling him a pig-_______,? the campaign manager protested.  ?Nobody?s going to believe a thing like that.?

?I know,? Johnson replied.  ?But let?s make the sonofabitch deny it.?

Sal
Salvo

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #319 on: September 19, 2019, 02:56:00 pm »
I think I have heard just about every dirty trick LBJ allegedly pulled, but never heard this.  I think it is nonsense somebody made up for the internet, probably told first about some other politician. 

The young Lyndon Johnson was actually pretty conservative by today's standards.  There were two wings on the Democratic party in Texas, one liberal and one conservative, and virtually no Republican party.  Many of the conservative Democrats moved to the Republican label in the late 1960s.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944