Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Big Lies  (Read 19875 times)

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
Re: Big Lies
« Reply #120 on: September 13, 2017, 01:39:21 pm »
With 4 states having a total population of over 100 million people, and your NY being one of them, I bet you do want the electoral college gone. The four states than could rule the country and to H*ll with the other 46.
I hear this argument all the time but those states that have the large population also have the most electoral votes so how is it different?  Four states are still ruling the country.  It also shows up in the Congress too.  The solution is not the electoral college the solution is get rid of the two party system and no commercial media advertising for candidates.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #121 on: September 13, 2017, 01:48:32 pm »
Well apparently he 4 states didn't control the past election. Oh wait that one was the Russians.

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #122 on: September 13, 2017, 02:50:00 pm »
The four didn't include either Mich. or Pa., so they didn't control the election.

With less than 65 million votes needed to win the election, the 4 may have enough to win if not for the electoral.
I'm not saying the electoral is right, but it's better than just using the populist votes.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #123 on: September 13, 2017, 03:34:58 pm »
If the nation went to a straight popular vote, the president would get elected by the predominantly urban east and west coast. Rural areas would have no say in it. IMHO  :smile:
Neill

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #124 on: September 13, 2017, 08:56:08 pm »
What I get a charge out of is all those people that are so concerned about their rights have no problem with the GOVERNMENT making choices for them based on voting for a president.  Yet not one of them trust the GOVERNMENT.
Our for fathers thought / knew the general population was uneducated.  That is why we have the electoral college.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2017, 09:18:13 pm »
Ace, look at your many posts.

I can understand why they thought that.    :tongue:

Boy, did you ever step in that one.   :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2017, 09:37:24 pm »
Ace, look at your many posts.

I can understand why they thought that.    :tongue:

Boy, did you ever step in that one.   :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
:)

Offline salvo

• House Bee
« Reply #127 on: September 14, 2017, 12:11:57 am »
Big Lies, Truth or Dare

I?m from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, young life in Boston, Roxbury, Mission Hill,? for those who ?know? the locale.

It is generally understood that Boston is the most intellectual and liberal city in the country. It is also the most prejudicial and racist city in the country. Sports teams, school busing, red lining, "White Flight", and on and on. You have no idea,? unless your from Australia.

?Our N?s are different here?, was a common phrase when I was a kid,.  Then, Italians were ?not whites?. Now, Italians are not Latins. Now, liberals refer to ?mixed race? children as cute little mocha babies. And that?s OK??? Yeah! I?ve heard ?high yellow?, and all the other ?archaic? descriptions used for non whites.

In my limited experience, I?ve found these ?intellectually elite? liberals to be the exact reason for the racism criticism of Boston. Liberals are racists, though they scream bloody murder that all non-liberals are. Liberals don?t like black waitstaff. Liberals are hypocrites.

Ever heard of Julia Child, David Ives, Lawrence Tribe? Jill Stein? Cambridge? Kremlin on the Charles? ?Token Black?? Please click the link:

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/1989/10/6/race-and-politics-mingle-in-day/

The 99% Occupiers? Overwhelmingly white, well educated,? (read ?racist?). Antfa? The ?Military Arm? of the democrat party? Overwhelmingly white, well educated,? (read ?racist?).

Liberalism equates to racism. I?m sure there are exceptions though. Jesse Jackson (I voted for him in a primary, BEFORE I?d never vote for him for dog catcher.). Remember ?Hymietown?? Bill Clinton? The ?First Black President?? ?Hymentown??

For decades, I?ve been checking the ?Race Box ?Other?, and writing in HUMAN. Lot of grief over the years on that from all colours. I just a few days ago confirmed my ?Jury Duty?. My race was pre-filled,? ?HUMAN?. :wink:

Sal

Salvo

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2017, 04:58:42 am »
Here is why we have the electoral college. 3 or 4 states could carry the election.

http://100percentfedup.com/wow-hillary-clinton-wants-new-york-florida-california-decide-presidential-elections-video/

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #129 on: September 14, 2017, 09:00:32 am »
Here is why we have the electoral college. 3 or 4 states could carry the election.
And they still do.  When has Utah, Wyoming or Nebraska ever determined an election?  Their votes are meaningless with an electoral college.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #130 on: September 14, 2017, 10:21:29 am »
Man you gotta get over the fact that he won. And that all of us were "stupid enough" to vote for him.

Online sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #131 on: September 14, 2017, 10:33:15 am »
Man you gotta get over the fact that he won. And that all of us were "stupid enough" to vote for him.
Actually the term is Smart enough.
Jim

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
Big Lies
« Reply #132 on: September 14, 2017, 11:40:16 am »
I know. Just putting it in words the left understands. I mean after all our president is an orange turd. Covered in cheetos dust.

But it's the right that hates.

Offline Jim 134

• Super Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #133 on: September 19, 2017, 01:00:55 pm »

http://100percentfedup.com/wow-hillary-clinton-wants-new-york-florida-california-decide-presidential-elections-video/

I personally do not want any politician.. In Washington rewriting the Constitution..

BEE  HAPPY Jim 134  :smile:
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline Jim 134

• Super Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2017, 11:22:42 am »

I personally do not want any politician.. In Washington rewriting the Constitution..

BEE  HAPPY Jim 134  :smile:

Looks like the politician are try to make a run around the constitution of the USA....  :angry:

https://www.prageru.com/courses/political-science/popular-vote-vs-electoral-college

BEE HAPPY  Jim 134  :smile:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 09:42:25 am by Jim 134 »
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2017, 10:11:20 am »
I have not read this entire thread so if somebody mentioned this I apologize. A few years ago I read the book Lies the Government Told You: Myth, Power, and Deception in American History. I highly recommend it. It talks about lots of things like the eminent domain, the founders having slaves, social insecurity, the FED, and one chapter that I really liked was "We are winning the war on drugs." among other things. It is a really good read.
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Offline Steves Bees

• New Bee
« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2017, 03:39:05 pm »
Lies ?  Does it get any bigger than this ?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. (Declaration of Independence, 1776)

Hello little john.
 Your attempt to show the Founding Fathers as hypocrites and Liars shows how little you understand men of their age. They said exactly what they meant. The sad truth is, at that time in America and GB, as well as most of the world, they did not consider Blacks as fully Human, indeed, they saw them as not much more than a race of apelike humans that were capable of speech. As horrendous as we see this view today, it was the popular view at the time. Ever hear of the "3/5's rule? It is clearly written in the Constitution.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #137 on: September 23, 2017, 04:04:22 pm »
Hello little john.
 Your attempt to show the Founding Fathers as hypocrites and Liars shows how little you understand men of their age. They said exactly what they meant. The sad truth is, at that time in America and GB, as well as most of the world, they did not consider Blacks as fully Human, indeed, they saw them as not much more than a race of apelike humans that were capable of speech. As horrendous as we see this view today, it was the popular view at the time. Ever hear of the "3/5's rule? It is clearly written in the Constitution.

I get your point about the times.  We need to look at history understanding the times.  I can't imagine not being able to vote, open a bank account, etc. but those were the times all over the world....Truth be told, when I look at the way many women vote....I wonder if it was such a good idea   :cheesy:

Whether or not they saw blacks as fully human depends on the person I'm sure.  The 3/5th compromise was not really about the value of a black person.  The south was seeking more representation in Congress for a number of reasons.  They wanted to count their slaves as people for the purpose of representation, but as property for everything else.  There was a great deal of going back and forth and it included suggestions for things like counting cows, etc.  In the meantime, someone was doing the math.  Giving the south 3/5th for slaves did give them more reps, but not enough to have complete power in congress giving them a 1:1 vote would have. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline salvo

• House Bee
« Reply #138 on: November 03, 2017, 07:31:28 pm »
Bowe Bergdahl did nothing to warrant any jail time.

The judge was a hero for handing down that verdict.

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Sal
Salvo

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #139 on: November 03, 2017, 07:44:32 pm »
Bowe Bergdahl did nothing to warrant any jail time.

I started a separate thread for this.  If you want to move it there, I'd be happy to take it on.
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville