Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Big Lies  (Read 27780 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
Re: Big Lies
« Reply #520 on: June 03, 2020, 11:52:09 pm »
> A number of dictators have said similar things.

Nikita Khrushchev is (the only one) I was taught who said it during my schooling. I have not looked this up to find the others.

I do know Abraham Lincoln was credited as saying "The philosophy of the school room in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next."

Ronald Reagan warned: "Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."

« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 12:47:00 am by Ben Framed »
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #521 on: June 04, 2020, 01:01:17 am »
Hum, Who is telling the truth and who is telling big lies?

The following is offered in CC for the hearing impaired.
ttps
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #522 on: June 04, 2020, 03:55:35 am »
Hum, Who is telling the truth and who is telling big lies?

The following is offered in CC for the hearing impaired.
ttps
Alternatively......something for you Phillip :wink:

Sleep well.
cider
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #523 on: June 04, 2020, 10:04:41 am »
Poor Mr Trump. The left will jump on him even for the way he holds a Bible.  Apparently they are attempting to divert the intention of Mr Trump. He was not simply holding the Bible, He was lifting  up Gods Word in a time of trouble. Good for Mr Trump.  Cheerio ole chap 😊

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #524 on: June 04, 2020, 10:59:11 am »
Poor Mr Trump. The left will jump on him even for the way he holds a Bible.  Apparently they are attempting to divert the intention of Mr Trump. He was not simply holding the Bible, He was lifting  up Gods Word in a time of trouble. Good for Mr Trump. 

Let me add, even when he has set the record straight, time and time again throughout his Presidency, as in the video above picturing him holding up the Bible; the mocking and continued disregard and disrespect of facts along with the truth of the matter continue to be ignored. Could this insolent behavior be considered, or equal too, blind hate?

« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 11:27:30 am by Ben Framed »

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #525 on: June 04, 2020, 12:55:43 pm »
Poor Mr Trump. The left will jump on him even for the way he holds a Bible.  Apparently they are attempting to divert the intention of Mr Trump. He was not simply holding the Bible, He was lifting  up Gods Word in a time of trouble. Good for Mr Trump. 

Let me add, even when he has set the record straight, time and time again throughout his Presidency, as in the video above picturing him holding up the Bible; the mocking and continued disregard and disrespect of facts along with the truth of the matter continue to be ignored. Could this insolent behavior be considered, or equal too, blind hate?

Ben, Get in touch with iddee and ask can you borrow some of his pills and salt, you sound in dire need. I would let you have some but I fear you would think it is a "leftist" plot! or maybe to undermine the G&T ( not as though he needs help with that)
cider

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #526 on: June 04, 2020, 01:47:44 pm »
 :cheesy: :wink:

I fear that my chances would be better with you Cider! Iddee has been almost AWOL lately!  :shocked:

« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 02:09:17 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #527 on: June 04, 2020, 03:03:46 pm »
Why beat a dead horse. Some folks will never heal from their TDS.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #528 on: June 04, 2020, 03:07:23 pm »
There he is !
No since  beating a dead horse but what is TDS?

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #529 on: June 04, 2020, 03:17:03 pm »
There he is !
No since  beating a dead horse but what is TDS?

I got it iddee.  (Trump Derangement Syndrome) lol 😂 

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #530 on: June 04, 2020, 05:32:22 pm »
:shocked: Don't give up iddee, Cider may still come around.. His horse may just be laying down in stubbornness?  :cheesy:

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #531 on: June 04, 2020, 10:02:11 pm »
HORSE?????     Only a mule could be that stubborn.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #532 on: June 06, 2020, 04:33:12 am »
HORSE?????     Only a mule could be that stubborn.
Are you casting aspersions on my horse's ethnicity? I shall have words with him or he may "take a Knee"quite unsettling when being ridden. :wink:

Offline salvo

• House Bee
« Reply #533 on: June 15, 2020, 08:56:20 am »
Hi Folks,

I posted in March: These people will impoverish the country.

From yesterday's Wash. Post:

More than $6.5 trillion in household wealth vanished during the first three months of this year as the pandemic tightened its hold on the global economy, the Federal Reserve said this week. That?s roughly equivalent to the economies of the United Kingdom and France combined.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/06/14/ripple-effects-downturn-show-pandemics-early-economic-toll-was-just-beginning/

We've learned recently, FROM PROGRESSIVES:

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/20/858600098/progressives-see-coronavirus-crisis-as-a-chance-to-make-big-lasting-policy-chang

?What if, in the middle of the night, my home is broken into. Who do I call?? Camerota asked.

?Yes, I mean I hear that loud and clear from a lot of my neighbors, and myself, too, and I know that that comes from a place of privilege,? Bender answered. ?Because for those of us for whom the system is working, I think we need to step back and imagine what it would feel like to already live in that reality where calling the police may mean more harm is done.?

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/minneapolis-city-council-president-defends-plan-to-dismantle-police-on-cnn-expecting-their-help-comes-from-privilege/

Never let a good crisis go to waste. If you can't "Take from the rich and give to the poor", Then just take it away from the average working citizen. Impoverish the average citizen. Screw THE AVERAGE CITIZEN!

The rich and the politicians are still rich. The rich, and the politicians are still secure.

Sal

Salvo

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #534 on: June 17, 2020, 11:33:36 pm »
Is this true?

CC for the hearing impaired

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #535 on: June 18, 2020, 12:35:53 am »
Is this true?

yes

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/google-censorship-china-conservatives/
2018 and there are more examples of them being caught if you search hard enough, or don't use Google to search.   :wink:
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #536 on: June 22, 2020, 01:24:52 pm »
Is this true?

yes

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/google-censorship-china-conservatives/
2018 and there are more examples of them being caught if you search hard enough, or don't use Google to search.   :wink:
The G&T tells his Tulsa rally," of course if you test more you find more so I asked our teams to test less, to slow down" don't upset our supporters :cheesy:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53129524

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #537 on: June 22, 2020, 01:48:07 pm »
Once again I see that you have changed the subject, the very subject that you took the time to quote, because you know. the above news report and commentary is correct. I suppose that honest report (left) you speechless. But I will play with you.
 :cheesy:

It is common knowledge that most folks that contact the virus show no, to little sign, of having this illness. There is a few, and I say few in proportion or ratio to the general population, that obtain flu like symptoms. There again a small number of that progress into death, once again in proportion to the general population. I would  suppose the numbers that count, are the ones which are hospitalized, and or expires. These two examples are the numbers that should be counted and tested. The general population is not tested for the flu, (which kills many thousands each year), unless the above circumcises are realized. Like it or not, once again Mr Trump is right!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 06:11:38 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #538 on: June 22, 2020, 06:20:20 pm »
Once again I see that you have changed the subject, the very subject that you took the time to quote, because you know. the above news report and commentary is correct. I suppose that honest report (left) you speechless. But I will play with you.
 :cheesy:

It is common knowledge that most folks that contact the virus show no, to little sign, of having this illness. There is a few, and I say few in proportion or ratio to the general population, that obtain flu like symptoms. There again a small number of that progress into death, once again in proportion to the general population. I would  suppose the numbers that count, are the ones which are hospitalized, and or expires. These two examples are the numbers that should be counted and tested. The general population is not tested for the flu, (which kills many thousands each year), unless the above circumcises are realized. Like it or not, once again Mr Trump is right!
Ben, I know you're obsessed with G&T but did he not say "I asked my team to test less' to slow down on the tests?" Some help to the American people! :rolleyes:

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #539 on: June 22, 2020, 06:27:54 pm »
Yes, it's a help to the American people. What kind of chaos would there be if all Americans had to be tested for all known viruses? We would be tested 364 days a year and would never have time for anything else. Like Ben said, only test sick people, like with all other viruses.

*Shel Silverstein*