MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > THE COFFEE HOUSE ((( SOCIAL - ROOM )))

Big Lies

(1/75) > >>

salvo:
Hi Folks,

This might be "fun".

"I came here to tell you the truth, the good,... the bad,... and the ugly."

We all know "the big lies": The check is in the mail. Roll over. I love you. The dog ate my homework.

Recently we've all become too aware of the lies we've been told over the years. Some are whoppers. Others simply frustrating because we know they are lies. How can they say such things?

Let's recall some of those "unforgettable" little gems from the past. I want to see the ones that make us smile,... groan,... face palm. I want to see the big ones and the little ones. You can tell us who said it,... or wait to see who knows who said it. Try to only post one or two at a time. Post your best. We all know a ton of 'em, but give the next poster a chance to present his jewel. Too many all in the same post diminishes the impact of all of them.

I'll start out with a great one:

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman..."
[/i][/b]
"

eltalia:
: hands in air:
"Dunno Mummy... the fairys did it"

: accepting the 10 buck loan from a mate:
"THANKS Maate... see ya on payday"

: car keys from Dad: Saturday Night
"I'll only be an hour"
                                      Sunday Lunch
" Yeh yeh Dad, I'll wash the back seat this arvo"

Life... gotta love it!

--

Bill

sawdstmakr:
You can keep your Doctor.
Jim

iddee:
The income tax   "and others""  is only temporary.

little john:
Lies ?  Does it get any bigger than this ?

--- Quote ---We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. (Declaration of Independence, 1776)
--- End quote ---

Button Gwinnett, Lyman Hall, William Hooper, Joseph Hewes, John Penn, Edward Rutledge, Thomas Heyward, Thomas Lynch Jr, Arthur Middleton, John Hancock, Samuel Chase, William Paca, Thomas Stone, Charles Carroll, George Wythe, Richard Henry Lee, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Harrison, Thomas Nelson Jr, Francis Lightfoot Lee, Carter Braxton, Robert Morris, Benjamin Rush, Benjamin Franklin, George Taylor, Caesar Rodney, George Read, William Floyd, Philip Livingston, Francis Lewis, Lewis Morris, Richard Stockton, John Witherspoon, Francis Hopkinson, John Hart, Abraham Clark, Josiah Bartlett, William Whipple, Stephen Hopkins, Oliver Wolcott.

But all the above signatories owned one or more slaves, in some cases several hundred.
LJ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version