Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Lost in the woods  (Read 1771 times)

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
Lost in the woods
« on: May 27, 2017, 07:50:33 pm »
Two hunters were lost in the woods when the first said to the second: "I heard that if you fire three shots in the air in rapid succession, help will come".

After the second man had quickly fired three shots in the air, they waited for an hour, but no one came.

The first man said "perhaps you are doing it wrong. Please, let me give it a try".

The second man replied "Sorry, but you can`t ... I don`t have any arrows left".
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Lost in the woods
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 01:17:53 pm »
Beecan,
Have you been digging in the archives again? :cheesy:
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 02:36:13 pm »
Beecan,
Have you been digging in the archives again? :cheesy:
Jim

Sooo... was that posted before?  Sorry, I will start doing searches before adding...  I have recently joined another forum - for cancer sufferers/survivors, where they didn`t have a humor thread, so I am borrowing from yet another site and re-posting both here and at the cancer forum.  Helps keep my mind off of it....
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 11:24:12 pm »
Beecan,
Don't apologize, it was a good one. Hence the smiley face.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 11:51:56 pm »
beecanbee
Good luck
gww

anything