Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: House Repealed Obamacare  (Read 1600 times)

Offline Captain776

• House Bee
  • Captain
Re: House Repealed Obamacare
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2017, 12:47:27 am »
I have a 5 Million BHAT (144,310 USD) per year Major Medical for 240 USD a month.
Happy not be included in whatever comes out of the medical plan revision but I do sincerely hope it is better and suits the majority as best it can.
Bought my first NUC April 7, 2016.
Like all you when you first started, I am fascinated with beginning Beekeeping and trying to learn all I can.
I retired May 2015 and have added this to my short list of hobbies.

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2017, 08:53:38 am »
How?

By simple subtraction.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2017, 08:58:26 am »
I have a 5 Million BHAT (144,310 USD) per year Major Medical for 240 USD a month.

The raw numbers are not as important as the percentage of income.  For instance the 240/month would mean more to the person making 1000/month vs. someone making 5000/month.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2017, 10:26:39 pm »
By simple subtraction.

Help this old lady out and be a little more specific please.
One could not learn history from architecture any more than one could learn it from books. Statues, inscriptions, memorial stones, the names of streets ? anything that might throw light upon the past had been systematically altered. (1.8.85)

George Orwell  "1984"

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2017, 09:59:30 am »
Ever since 1945 the military has accomplished nothing good.  It has actually created more enemies in the world and has elevated the risk of attack on american soil.  And indeed it did happen and will continue to happen while the military has no defense for such attacks now or ever.  The United States will not fall to a second rate country for lack of a military.  It will fall because we do not understand what is going on in the world around us.
What made america great is that we produced our own products better than any other country.  That is gone.  Not completely but enough to make us weak to fall pray to another country that makes it own products.
So after 72 years of no accomplishments it is time to eliminate most of it and funnel that money into much needed infrastructure and health care and get the hell out of other countries where it doesn't belong.  We should be a member of a world group that fights atrocities economically and places victims in safe areas where they can live and work in peace.

Boots on the ground does not solve anything because it does not solve the differences that exists between people.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2017, 10:44:44 am »
 Brian,
Seriously, what planet are you referring to? I guess you never heard about the Berlin Wall. It was not put there to keep people out. If we did not have a strong military for the last 75 years, you would be speaking Russian and you sure as heck would not have this internet to share ideas. Nor would you be allowed to. Wake up. The US has helped the people of the world be safer and have more freedoms than they would if we were not the strongest for the last 75 years.
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2017, 12:42:48 pm »
Wow Jim.  It was not an american military action that brought down the Berlin wall.  Economic sanctions maybe, but the military had nothing to do with taking down the wall.  And now the orange turd wants to put up a wall.  That defies all logic.
Countries that pour all their resources into the military are weak.  They have weak economies and they eventually implode from the misappropriate resources.  We will too.  Do you fear China's military or do you fear that they have taken over our economy including banking?  I think you should go to another planet if you fear their military.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2017, 12:51:53 pm »
The US has helped the people of the world be safer and have more freedoms than they would if we were not the strongest for the last 75 years.

Now you are hallucinating Jim.  Have you been to the airport lately?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2017, 02:16:43 pm »
Wow Jim.  It was not an american military action that brought down the Berlin wall.  Economic sanctions maybe, but the military had nothing to do with taking down the wall.  And now the orange turd wants to put up a wall.  That defies all logic.
Countries that pour all their resources into the military are weak.  They have weak economies and they eventually implode from the misappropriate resources.  We will too.  Do you fear China's military or do you fear that they have taken over our economy including banking?  I think you should go to another planet if you fear their military.

U.S. military spending caused Soviet spending that bankrupted the Soviet Union.  Soviet bloc weakness emboldened the oppressed people, who were able to tear down the Berlin Wall and rebel elsewhere with a degree of success.  Soldiers stood by because thay had lost the discipline in the military of the Soviet Union.  So "economic sanctions" had little to do with the collapse of the USSR.  Maybe Kathy would like to expound on this more fully.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2017, 02:41:20 pm »
U.S. military spending caused Soviet spending that bankrupted the Soviet Union.

US military spending continued then and now while Russia realigned because we do not understand that Democracy is not for everyone.  Will China tear down it's wall because of our military spending.  No and they will surely laugh at the idea.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2017, 08:05:43 pm »
U.S. military spending caused Soviet spending that bankrupted the Soviet Union.

US military spending continued then and now while Russia realigned because we do not understand that Democracy is not for everyone.  Will China tear down it's wall because of our military spending.  No and they will surely laugh at the idea.

It would be wise not to conflate one circumstance with the other.  USSR and China are totally diffeent.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2017, 08:22:55 pm »
Yes, China has a strong economy and Russia does not.  China realizes that money is power not bullets.  Putin is as dumb as Trump.  Both will fail.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline bwallace23350

• Queen Bee
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2017, 11:11:05 am »
Yes, China has a strong economy and Russia does not.  China realizes that money is power not bullets.  Putin is as dumb as Trump.  Both will fail.

China lies about their economy. It is not doing as well as people think and it is not a big as they say it is. China I am afraid might be in for a blow up of hteir economy in the near future.

Offline tycrnp

• House Bee
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2017, 11:44:18 am »
The best way to fix the ACA is to mandate that all government officials use it.

Offline Psparr

• House Bee
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2017, 02:50:35 pm »
Yup!

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2017, 05:37:02 pm »
It would fix SSi too but good luck with the swamp on that one.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2017, 09:44:33 pm »
Maybe Kathy would like to expound on this more fully.

Lol.  why drag me into it??

I am not in favor of policing the world.  That said, someone really has to.  We have recent examples of what happens when we don't.  China is building islands and encroaching on shipping lanes.  Russia made a show of force in the English channel.  Iran is building nukes and if they retain their current ideology are the most likely to use them unprovoked.  The NorKs are building nukes and who knows what they will do. All of these things came about because these countries have been unchallenged.

Contrast that to what happened when Reagan put a few well-placed bombs down Qudaffies chimney.  I suspect Trumps use of MOAB might be making a few people rethink things. 

Where I will agree with Ace to some extent is that we have not done a really good job since ww2.  Not because we don't have the military but because it has been poorly used. The purpose of the military is to kill people and break things until the other side sues for peace.  We don't do that anymore.  We go gently and we do 1/2 the job.  Then we give the country we fought money and assets to rebuild.  We should leave nothing to rebuild if we are going to commit troops.   

I have said before there can't be a vacuum of power in the world.  Someone will step into the void we leave and all the candidates are bad.

Neither Russia nor China is dumb and I suspect there has been some collusion there on how to split up the world. They are not stepping on each other as they expand their influence.
One could not learn history from architecture any more than one could learn it from books. Statues, inscriptions, memorial stones, the names of streets ? anything that might throw light upon the past had been systematically altered. (1.8.85)

George Orwell  "1984"

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2017, 10:37:25 pm »
I suspect Trumps use of MOAB might be making a few people rethink things. 

I suspect it was completely planed by Putin to bolster the trump voters.  A complete waste of tax payers money.  If trump had balls or a brain he would have aimed them at Bashar al-Assad.  But that would make Putin angry wouldn't it?

You are absolutely right Kathy, we don't use our military to fight a war.  We use it as a political tool for securing oil hoping for a diplomatic resolution.  We would have the same effect if we sent in missionaries.  Probably be more successful.  So the bottom line is the military is useless and if that amount of money was directed into making america great again no one could touch us.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2017, 11:42:09 pm »
We use it as a political tool for securing oil hoping for a diplomatic resolution.

What oil have we secured? 

We would have the same effect if we sent in missionaries.

Most of the middle eastern countries that have oil would not allow missionaries.  They kill them. Since we get most of our oil closer to home, and we have not gone to war with our neighbors, I am not sure what you are talking about.

So the bottom line is the military is useless and if that amount of money was directed into making America great again no one could touch us.

and you base this on what?  The history of the world does not back you.  Then consider our own history.  Before both world wars we were isolationist and had a very small military.  If we had not built up and entered the wars, especially ww2, what would the world look like?  How can you be an economic powerhouse if what you are left to trade with are dictators all over the world? 
Germany attacked one of the most powerful nations both economically and militarily, and being great did not stop the attack. 

I get it.  we spend a lot on the military.  Why do you think China and Russia spend so much on their military?  Surely they do not think we are going to attack them.  Why do the n. Korean people starve as the government spends on the military?  Same with Iran.  Do you think they fear that we will attack them out of the blue? 
Do you think that if we got rid of our military they would get rid of theirs? 

George Orwell  "1984"

Offline sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2017, 12:12:50 pm »
"I suspect it was completely planed by Putin to bolster the trump voters. "
Brian,
Why would you think that Russia would help President Trump in any way, shape or form? You do not really believe that they helped him get elected as told by our lying media.
They had hillary bought and paid for. She already proved they had total power over her. She was going to finish off the job of destroying our military that obama started.
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

anything