Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bombing Assad  (Read 810 times)

Offline bwallace23350

• Queen Bee
Re: Bombing Assad
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2017, 11:19:00 am »
BW,
Here it is:

http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/05/the-obamas-have-spent-over-44351777-12-in-taxpayer-cash-on-travel/.  As of 06/2014

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article50172810.html.  As of 12/2015.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article50172810.html  As of 08/2014.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article123335079.html.  As of 12/2016.

I was not really talking for myself as I know what was said to be true. That is a just a general rule in internet debate. When making a claim provide a basis for it

There is more, I just used the first 4 that popped up when I googled.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2017, 11:55:22 am »
How about the wasted 33 million to protect his sorry butt every time he goes to FL.  Mind you the needless chaos it causes to traveling passengers in West Palm Beach along with the increased cost to private businesses in and around the area.  This president is nothing but waste with no accounting for it.

So now, Ace, tell us where you got that ridiculous figure of 33 million each time Trump goes to FL.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2017, 02:23:13 pm »
MSNBC, Documents provided by the secrete service.  You do know they are looking to up their budget to cover the increased cost?  Fedral budgets are not a secrete  Trump had hope to get the money from the Mexicans, repeal of ACA, social security, and medicare.  LMAO He still thinks he can run the country like his TV show the Apprentice.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline minz

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2017, 04:51:39 pm »
Cruse missiles make for good TV but they do not hurt runways. You drop bombs that penetrate (like a Durandal anti runway). Problem is that you would have to fly a bomber in over Russian air defenses and strike aircraft.
So you put on a show, without risk or real gain. They are flying the next day and you can stand at the podium with your thumbs up your ?I mean in the air.
Poor decisions make the best stories.

Offline gww

• Field Bee
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2017, 06:23:56 pm »
I would have been impressed if they would have bombed the capital with assad in it.  That might not have been such a waste of resources.
Cheers
gww

Offline MikeyN.C.

• House Bee
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2017, 10:49:37 pm »
So what would saving runways benefit.?  Ya all talk! How many planes were destroyed. We don't know but 59 toms. did make some heads roll.

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2017, 08:17:52 am »
That might not have been such a waste of resources.

Waste is what he does best.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Hops Brewster

• House Bee
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2017, 11:30:26 am »
That might not have been such a waste of resources.

Waste is what our government does best.

There, fixed it for ya. :)
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline agrimm01

• New Bee
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2017, 01:19:29 pm »
At least the Red Line in the sand guy is out of office.  He had zero clue.......

Offline gww

• Field Bee
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2017, 04:09:48 pm »
hops
There, fixed it for ya. :)
Yep
gww

Offline bwallace23350

• Queen Bee
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2017, 04:25:19 pm »
I have to ask what legitimate interest do we have in Syria? I can find none and why was this gassing by Assad the one we all got up in arms about? There has been gassing going on in that Civil War for years now by both sides. Also I have to ask if we did topple Assad who do we replace him with. The next strongest force in Syria is ISIS then the local Al-queda affiliate. I know the Kurds are strong in their homeland but no Arab is going to let Kurds rule them and the Kurds know that. So what option do we have if we want to over throw him?/ Assad has been doing the most killing of ISIS. Most ethnic minorities back Assad. There are not Western moderates over there in large numbers. It is a crappy situation and it is one we will make worse by intervening. If Assad falls get ready for more civil war, more deaths, and ethnic cleansing of Christians, Al-whites, and Druze.

Offline agrimm01

• New Bee
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2017, 04:49:38 pm »
I don't think we have much interest in Syria other than not allowing a mad man to destroy hundreds of thousands of innocent lives.  If we allow him to do that why wouldn't we allow him to do the same to all his neighbors? 
Just a different line I guess.

Offline Captain776

• House Bee
  • Captain
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2017, 05:29:14 pm »
There is a handful of either individuals or groups that are causing all the turmoil all over the world.
Shall we be goaded into a nuclear holocaust because the little fat kid in N Korea has a temper tantrum?
He needs to be assassinated by either his own people, China, Japan, Seal Team 6.........anyone. He is just one little stupid person but look at what is going on right now because of him.
Covertly, quietly...........make all of them disappear...........when they start disappearing, maybe the ones left will get the message...........right now, there is ZERO penalty for any of their actions.
Bought my first NUC April 7, 2016.
Like all you when you first started, I am fascinated with beginning Beekeeping and trying to learn all I can.
I retired May 2015 and have added this to my short list of hobbies.

Offline bwallace23350

• Queen Bee
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2017, 05:47:42 pm »
I don't think we have much interest in Syria other than not allowing a mad man to destroy hundreds of thousands of innocent lives.  If we allow him to do that why wouldn't we allow him to do the same to all his neighbors? 
Just a different line I guess.

Because all sides are killing hundreds of thousands of their fellow citizens. Assad is no different in this respect. He never has had the power to project it over other nations except for Lebanon and they through him off several years back. Even if he wins he will never be able to project power over another nation again at least in his lifetime and that is all anyone can ever hope for or expect in international politics.

Offline MikeyN.C.

• House Bee
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2017, 08:55:21 pm »
Ditto,  it's never ending.

Offline jvalentour

• House Bee
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2017, 09:30:48 pm »
Assad has been doing the most killing of ISIS.

BW,
Assad is only fighting ISIS in the Damascus suburbs, with limited action.
The Russians, Iranians, and Syrians are fighting the rebels. 
In Syria, only the west is attacking ISIS. 

Assad has lost the country, it will be partitioned.  Aliwites will run the west and Sunni will run the east, the Kurds will fight it out with Turkey.  Assuming Iran agrees.  Hezbollah will attempt to take the Golan, aided by Iran.  Israel has been assassinating Hez leaders and Iranian Generals in Golan for 3 years.

Our country is best benefited by not entering Iraq or Syria (and Lebanon) with boots on the ground.  Let them fight it out.  It will bleed the Russians and Iranians and the Saudis as well.

Look for fireworks on the Persian Gulf before the end of summer.

Offline bwallace23350

• Queen Bee
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2017, 11:13:51 am »
Assad has been doing the most killing of ISIS.

BW,
Assad is only fighting ISIS in the Damascus suburbs, with limited action.
The Russians, Iranians, and Syrians are fighting the rebels. 
In Syria, only the west is attacking ISIS. 

Assad has lost the country, it will be partitioned.  Aliwites will run the west and Sunni will run the east, the Kurds will fight it out with Turkey.  Assuming Iran agrees.  Hezbollah will attempt to take the Golan, aided by Iran.  Israel has been assassinating Hez leaders and Iranian Generals in Golan for 3 years.

Our country is best benefited by not entering Iraq or Syria (and Lebanon) with boots on the ground.  Let them fight it out.  It will bleed the Russians and Iranians and the Saudis as well.

Look for fireworks on the Persian Gulf before the end of summer.

Where do you figure that Assad is only fighting ISIS in the suburbs of Damascus? He is pretty much fighting everyone he can at the moment but he has left a lot of the further reaches of ISIS alone as he does not have the force or power to go there. If left alone it would probably come down to a showdown between ISIS and Assad or they might just reach an agreement to divide the country.

I agree with you that Hez is going to use this as a base to fight in the Golan backed by Iran and I also agree that we should just let themselves bleed themselves dry and go broke. It can't be a bad thing when you enemies are fighting each other. I only say we should offer help to those fleeing the country and education so that when the fighting is over they can rebuild their country.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2017, 03:12:31 pm »
I know a lot of you haters will jump all over me.  I agree with a lot of you that we have very little business in the ME.  My preference is the Shia and Sunni fight it out to the end.  Just giving my take.

your take is a good one.  Doesn't matter what this did or didn't accomplish in Syria.  The message sent to everyone else is very important and a cheap message at that.  After 8 years of the world knowing we would either not act or be on the wrong side of everything, this was a long overdue message.

I am not in favor of taking out Assad.  Bad as he is, he is better than the alternative, but this has little to do with Assad anyway.  Russia wants the bases.  Iran wants another proxy government.  ISIS wants a base of operation after losing much of Iraq (thanks Obama for giving it to them) and we have no particular interest there except to keep the players from exerting more influence/control in the area.  Russia and Iran are in bed together because Russia likes the idea of controlling a nuclear-armed Muslim country just as China has the NorKs. 

This is a global chess game and we can't stay out of it even if we want to. 
One could not learn history from architecture any more than one could learn it from books. Statues, inscriptions, memorial stones, the names of streets ? anything that might throw light upon the past had been systematically altered. (1.8.85)

George Orwell  "1984"

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2017, 05:39:53 pm »
This is a global chess game and we can't stay out of it even if we want to.
I find that very hard to believe.  I also find it hard to believe that we cannot design and anti missile missile that will take out anything that is launched when it gets to 1000 ft elevation.  We have satellites everywhere and fly drones to pin point accuracy.  If we wanted to impress sun gone goon all we would have to do is take out his test missiles.  That would show everybody what we could do and how useless their warheads are.  It wouldn't hurt if everyone had the technology because it is purely defensive.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it