Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Health Care Reform  (Read 891 times)

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
Re: Health Care Reform
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2017, 07:37:25 am »
When was the last time a politician was recalled (or even primaried) because of how they voted on a health care bill?
I think never?

My point is that We The People have the tools to crack the whip, but we aren't using them.

Congress has an approval rating of about 15% but 99% of congressmen get reelected every election .

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
Re: Health Care Reform
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2017, 02:51:54 pm »
Congress has an approval rating of about 15% but 99% of congressmen get reelected every election .

people are stupid and lazy.  The tick the box next to a name they recognize, or they don't want to bother researching a new person.  The fact that someone like McCain is returned time after time is just  mind boggling to me. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville