Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: How leaks go undetected  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
How leaks go undetected
« on: February 15, 2017, 06:21:28 pm »
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
Re: How leaks go undetected
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 11:20:25 pm »
Interesting, but probably not the issue with most of these leaks. They are coming from inside agencies and from Obama leftovers.  People are angry that they lost and the great progressive dream is...at least on hold.  For people who have been able to use agencies at will to further agendas, there may be a rude awakening coming.
One could not learn history from architecture any more than one could learn it from books. Statues, inscriptions, memorial stones, the names of streets ? anything that might throw light upon the past had been systematically altered. (1.8.85)

George Orwell  "1984"

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 09:47:36 am »
Articles like this are just being used to make the case to invade our privacy more.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 11:11:32 am »
Articles like this are just being used to make the case to invade our privacy more.

Heavy incryption and (I don't know the name for it, but it's possible to embed messages in the digital info of photographs so that anyone [ including the NSA or the best code breakers in Russia or China] without the key sees only a nice family picture).  Once someone has the ability use a tool like that, all the invasion of privacy in the world is without value.  I have no idea whether an intercepted "disappearing message" can be retained, but the point is that it can't be found on the devices of the persons sending and (intended) receiving the message.  That way, they can hide their involvement.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 01:22:37 pm »
> That way, they can hide their involvement.

Smart people already do.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 11:28:11 pm »
Yeah, but really smart people don't get involved to start with.  I speak from experience.  Two years, a shattered legal career, a broken marriage and I helped get a few people sent to prison for a year.  I just wasn't smart enough to back off.  But I'd probably do it again, because I'm just a dumbass Texan.

Offline herbhome

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 11:23:40 am »
It surprises me how shocked and angry folks are about "leaks" and "leakers'. This is how a democracy works and how it should work. Every nutty thing that was said about Obama and Clinton was welcomed by the right as fact.
These people, including the president are our employees and we have a right to know what is going on in their offices.

I understand some info will kill good people and that should be carefully protected but whether or not certain staff members are keeping each other in the loop--that is OUR business. If the president doesn't like it, he didn't need to apply.

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 11:34:34 am »
""I understand some info will kill good people and that should be carefully protected ""

The problem lies in the fact that people can't agree on what that info is.

Example.... I think the Judge that killed Trump's immigrant ban will cause people to be killed by non-vetted immigrants. You probably don't agree. That's when caution should take precedent.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 02:37:37 pm »
I think the Judge that killed Trump's immigrant ban will cause people to be killed by non-vetted immigrants.
Bad example.  Trump's immigrant ban included vetted immigrants and even those that had a legitimate right to be here.
I think a lot of Americans will be killed because Trump is a blooming idiot.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 04:17:46 pm »
SEE... I told you people see things differently.  Ace thinks cutting a man's throat is terrible. He doesn't realize it is a paramedic doing a trac. to save his life.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline herbhome

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2017, 08:52:17 pm »
SEE... I told you people see things differently.  Ace thinks cutting a man's throat is terrible. He doesn't realize it is a paramedic doing a trac. to save his life.
LOL, thanks idea, I needed that! :smile: :smile:

Offline herbhome

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2017, 08:54:46 pm »
LOL, thanks idea, I needed that! :smile: :smile:

Dang autocorrect got me, idea

Offline herbhome

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2017, 08:55:38 pm »
Iddee!!!!!

Offline sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2017, 06:08:16 am »
Herb,
Do you know you can correct your posts. Look at the upper right ride for the word modify. Tap it change it and save it.
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2017, 11:17:10 am »
It surprises me how shocked and angry folks are about "leaks" and "leakers'. This is how a democracy works and how it should work. Every nutty thing that was said about Obama and Clinton was welcomed by the right as fact.

This is not how democracy works.  Never mind that we are not a democracy.  This is how 3rd world crap holes work and it is not OK.

We have a whistleblower act for this very reason.  when people think they see something wrong they can bring it to the attention of the appropriate people and what they are looking at can be evaluated within the big picture. 

You are not correct when you say we were all happy to have it done in the last admin.  I am never happy for it.  People I know and love depend sometimes on classified info staying that way.  People who help us and thus help the people I know and love, depend on info not being leaked.

There is no excuse for it and I happily would agree to death by firing squad for anyone caught doing it.  Little Miss Manning can rot in hell where he/she belongs as far as I am concerned.  I only hope it is successful in it's next attempted exit as no one will be watching it to intervene. The rest of them can join it if we ever get our hands on them.
One could not learn history from architecture any more than one could learn it from books. Statues, inscriptions, memorial stones, the names of streets ? anything that might throw light upon the past had been systematically altered. (1.8.85)

George Orwell  "1984"

Offline herbhome

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2017, 12:36:03 pm »
Herb,
Do you know you can correct your posts. Look at the upper right ride for the word modify. Tap it change it and save it.
Jim

Thanks Sawdustmaker,

I knew this but was tired and loopy at the time.

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 05:55:44 pm »
If the leaks only went to the American public, they would be fine, but that's not the case. They also go to our enemies. That is known as treason, and is punishable by death, as it should be. It is murder of our soldiers and others. The leakers totally deserve the death penalty.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline chorrylan

• New Bee
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2017, 06:43:23 am »
If the leaks only went to the American public, they would be fine......They also go to our enemies.
forget the leaks... your enemies get all the info and fodder for their propaganda machines they need straight from your presidents twitter feed  :happy: :cool:

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2017, 07:29:05 am »
According to you libs, the only thing he puts on twitter is lies. They should just throw our enemies off track, not help them. The leaks are "distorted" truth, just enough truth to inform the enemy.
 :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

*Shel Silverstein*