Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Trump's Cabinet  (Read 2137 times)

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Trump's Cabinet
« on: January 21, 2017, 07:17:14 am »
Well........Obama chose people from his religion (Muslim), so turn about is fair play.   

AMERICA IS BEING MADE GREAT AGAIN!

Don't know if y'all have seen this, but it is encouraging.....

Trump's Cabinet

It is happening!

Nine Members of Trump?s Cabinet Identify as devout Christians.
        President-elect Donald Trump has now appointed nine members
           to the White House, each  of whom profess publicly to be Christians. Is this a huge
           answer to prayer?

?For many years, we have prayed that God would raise up men
           and women of God to  positions of leadership and influence in our country.
           However, since the end of the George W. Bush administration, there have been previous few answers to that prayer," writes author and pastor David Murray. "Who would have thought that Donald Trump might be the answer to that prayer??

At the heart of these appointments is Vice President Mike Pence who has previously said, ?My Christian faith is at the heart of who I am? and  ?I?m a Christian, a conservative and a Republican, in that order."

Then there is Chief of Staff Reince  Preibus, who has previously tweeted "Christ?s sacrificial work provides an example for us all, and we join with the Psalmist in saying ?You make known to me the path of life.?"

Then we've got Attorney General Jeff Sessions (who is Sunday school teacher at his family?s church) and Housing and Urban Development?s Dr. Ben Carson, who believes that God spoke clearly to him that Trump would be president.

Further to this, there is Education?s Betsy DeVos, a Christian committed to bringing God's Kingdom' through schooling.

Then we have newly-announced Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, EPA?s Scott Pruitt, CIA?s Mike Pompeo (whose family attends  Eastminster Presbyterian Church), and Ambassador to UN Nikki Haley. They are all Christians!

The number of believers in the upper echelons of the Trump administration is quite incredible.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
Re: Trump's Cabinet
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 10:14:51 am »
Do you have any idea what separation of church and state means?  Do you have any idea how that guarantees YOUR freedom?  That it is primarily what made America Great when the country was first born?  I suspect you don't.
Make America Great again ... what a farce.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 10:54:48 am »
Yes, it means the gov won't force nor forbid any religion. It does NOT mean gov won't mention any religion. It's too bad you don't understand that.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 11:00:03 am »
I understand the separation of church and state!
but the fact that they believe in the values of Christianity means that their decision's well be based on their teachings from the bible and the ten commandments.

Like do unto others as you would do unto yourself.

this country is based on christian beliefs it is shown in ALL areas of government from the oval office it the supreme courts. What do they take the oath of office with, the funny papers? NO! a Bible! and not any bible but a christian bible.
so there is No getting church out of government.

john

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 02:42:31 pm »
not any bible but a christian bible.

john

John, when was the old testament written?  Way before Christianity.  So every christian bible is based on non christian beliefs.  Christ was a radical.  He founded his church (the Catholic church) and then more radicals stemmed off into their own beliefs and created new christian churches.  The Catholic church did terrible things to non Catholics in the name of Christ.  This was not Christ's teachings but the powers to be claimed it was.  The bible is nothing more than a instrument which represents a fear of a supreme being that will punish your soul if you lie.  Not many people in Washington take anything in the bible seriously and certainly not your Mr. Trump.

There are far less Christians in the world than non christians.  So how well do you think it is going to go for America if our american leader spits in the face of these other people whether he holds his hand on your bible or not.  When a civilization builds a wall, be it physical or idealistic, to keep everyone different on the outside from coming in it becomes the start of the decline of Greatness.  History proves what will happen.  Look at China, look at the USSR.  If you want to be great you must open your doors.

Nothing in Mr. Trumps past shows any sign of christianity.  That is the first thing a Christian should be able to see and know about him.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 09:19:42 pm »
Brian, obviously you don't know what the separation of church and state means. chill out.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 09:46:53 pm »
Do you have any idea what separation of church and state means?  Do you have any idea how that guarantees YOUR freedom?

You constantly amaze me with your lack of knowledge of history and the constitution.  I don't know the heart of Trump, but I can read past inaugural addresses, State of the Union addresses, etc.  All of the founding documents, debates, etc. are available for you to read.

I challenge you to find many, if any, that do not mention God, Christ, etc. 

Here are two things that Adams said and they are not contradictory.

?Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people?. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.?

? John Adams

?The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.?

? John Adams

In the first, he is talking about our beliefs as a control mechanism so that we could have a limited government.  In the second, about our country not being a theocracy. 
There is no constitutional separation of church and state.  This is a liberal construct.  People of faith have always served and been open about it.  Again, I refer you to founding documents.  Google. 

One could not learn history from architecture any more than one could learn it from books. Statues, inscriptions, memorial stones, the names of streets ? anything that might throw light upon the past had been systematically altered. (1.8.85)

George Orwell  "1984"

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 09:53:35 pm »
Look at China, look at the USSR.  If you want to be great you must open your doors.

They build walls to keep people in.

You do not open the floodgates to be great.  There is nothing wrong with immigration.  There was a time we needed people to populate this country.  There was a time when we expected immigrants to assimilate.  Both those times are gone.  We don't need more people, and we don't require assimilation.  We now hand out welfare in various forms to everyone who comes through the gate.  We can't afford to do that.

We have stopped or slowed immigration in the past.  One reason was to allow those who had come to assimilate and become Americans.  If you do not do that, you end up with something like France and Germany, with immigrants imposing their customs and will on the population.  THAT is the history we should be watching.  It is now.  It is not great. 

One could not learn history from architecture any more than one could learn it from books. Statues, inscriptions, memorial stones, the names of streets ? anything that might throw light upon the past had been systematically altered. (1.8.85)

George Orwell  "1984"

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 10:17:15 pm »
They build walls to keep people in.
Oy vey, now i see where your logic is a muck.  Do you put people in prison to keep people in or keep people out?
You never build a wall to keep people in.  You build a wall to keep animals in.  You should look back in history and see what a wall is used for.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 12:36:36 am »
I was challenging you examples.  Is it your contention that people should be able to come and go as they please, or to inhabit a country without going through the proper procedures?

If we build a wall, we will be late to the party.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3205724/How-65-countries-erected-security-walls-borders.html

George Orwell  "1984"

Offline TxKronik

• New Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 08:56:24 am »
not any bible but a christian bible.

john

John, when was the old testament written?  Way before Christianity.  So every christian bible is based on non christian beliefs.  Christ was a radical.  He founded his church (the Catholic church) and then more radicals stemmed off into their own beliefs and created new christian churches.  The Catholic church did terrible things to non Catholics in the name of Christ.  This was not Christ's teachings but the powers to be claimed it was.  The bible is nothing more than a instrument which represents a fear of a supreme being that will punish your soul if you lie.  Not many people in Washington take anything in the bible seriously and certainly not your Mr. Trump.

There are far less Christians in the world than non christians.  So how well do you think it is going to go for America if our american leader spits in the face of these other people whether he holds his hand on your bible or not.  When a civilization builds a wall, be it physical or idealistic, to keep everyone different on the outside from coming in it becomes the start of the decline of Greatness.  History proves what will happen.  Look at China, look at the USSR.  If you want to be great you must open your doors.

Nothing in Mr. Trumps past shows any sign of christianity.  That is the first thing a Christian should be able to see and know about him.
FYI jeasus did not found the Catholic Church

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 09:44:41 am »
FYI jeasus did not found the Catholic Church

You see not all bibles interpret Hebrew the same way.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 12:37:43 pm »
Is it your contention that people should be able to come and go as they please, or to inhabit a country without going through the proper procedures?

We should look at why illegal aliens come and go across the Mexico / US boarder and either solve that problem or have a system of registry like for instance farm workers.  It can't be a system of years of red tape.  That doesn't work.  The drug trafficking is not an easy problem to solve.  A wall certainly isn't going to do it.  Cooperation with Mexican authorities would help.  Spitting in their face is going to hurt us.
It is people like Trump that fought for Nafta looking for cheaper forms of manufacturing.  You expect him to hurt his friends because it doesn't directly hurt him?  He is most definitely part of the swamp swimming with all the gaiters.  That part about America first sounds wonderful.  What American wouldn't want that?  What he really means is, me and my buddies first (mostly me).  The crumbs he might distribute to the rest of America.

No American wants a free come as you go open boarder.  And there never was such a thing and there never will be.
This gives you an idea of what we allow into this country from where:
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/06/17/where-refugees-to-the-u-s-come-from/
look at the difference between 1980 and 2016.  Canada and Mexico don't even show up.  There are way more Asians that came into this country in 1980 then now so they are already here.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 01:10:46 pm »
That is the legal entries. We aren't talking about them. We are talking about the 11million ILLEGAL entries. As the little boy and little girl said, "THERE IS A DIFFERENCE".
Nobody wants a closed border. We only want a controlled border.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 01:33:30 pm »
We only want a controlled border.

Most everyone wants a controlled boarder.  How is building a wall going to do it when they are already going under the fence?  How is insulting every foreign nation going to help?  How are you going to built a completely ridiculous wall that won't stop anyone and make your neighboring country pay for it?  That is insanity.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 02:28:20 pm »
Walls do not solve the problem, but they make it more manageable.  You can't work with Mexico on the issue when it is to their advantage to have people come down here, get off their welfare system, and send millions of US dollars back into Mexico. 

We could and did work with Canada.  When they were so lax in letting people through the country, we worked with them.  It is not a solved issue, but it is much better than it was.

Mexicans coming up here to do ag work are not the real problem.  The people Mexico allows to transit the country on the way here, are.  They let the trains with all of the central Americans through.  We took those people and then sent planes down to get the family members of the people we took.  We made the problem worse by creating an expectation.

There are people from all over the world, including terrorist countries crossing Mexico and sneaking into the US.  Mexico does not care as long as those people don't stay in Mexico and all the illegals need is enough money to pay for guides. 

Trump was inelegant, but not wrong, about Mexico looking the other way as the criminal element comes up here.  This is also to their advantage.

We have laws.  We need to follow and enforce those laws.  If we do not, we are no better than corrupt Mexico or whatever other corrupt place people flee.  We also have 400 million people and should not be taking more except for those with skills we need.  The Australian model is a good one.
We also have a right and duty to know who is here, and why. 

George Orwell  "1984"

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2017, 03:25:02 pm »
Walls do not solve the problem, but they make it more manageable.
We differ here because the wall is symbolic and sends the wrong message to the rest of the world.  On the criminal issues I am a bit of a hard ass.  I would like nothing less then to make the captured criminals slaves of the state.  If it takes a chain and ball or dog collar to do it I am all for it.  The fear of getting caught is the deterrent.
I don't know for sure what central americans you are referring to.  As with all our military actions around the world we convince the local people to help us in our plight and then very quickly back out.  That leaves a lot of people holding the bag that are left behind for persecution.  By rights we should take them all in but we don't.
So Bush blows smoke.  Gets the whole country up in arms from fake news and we attack Iraq illegitimately.  Oops he says, now lets back out and sets a timetable for Obama to carry out.  What about all those people who hated each other before we went in and dethroned the dictator that was making the country stable?  We owe it to people who suffer because of our imperialism.  Or should we be just like Putin?  Join in a civil war literally bombing men, woman and children and then go back and bomb the injured in the hospitals?  Is that what America is?  Do you think this behavior will not grow Issis in the long run?  I think Putin and Russia are in for trouble in the future.  Siding with that nut case will surely bring havoc on American soil, walls or no walls.  Heaven help us.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 05:01:27 pm »
you just contradicted yourself their acebird. you want us to help all these other countries then denounce us for wanting to stay out of WWll. which way do you want the us to go. I like the idea of the U.S. thinking and doing for our self's for awhile. we have done so much and given so much to other countries it is now time to do for ourselves awhile and let every other country do for them selves. the only thing we should do outside this country is go after Terrorist.

john

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2017, 08:07:47 pm »
WWII?
Supposedly that is what we have done but it doesn't look that way to the rest of the world when the top 1% becomes wealthier.
I am not seeing any contradiction in what I have posted.  You will have to make your point clearer.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2017, 09:33:00 pm »
my apologies . had several other posts on my mind when I was writing. but I still don't see where we should not think about the people of the US and stop worrying about other counties. I'm tired of giving US money to all these other countries. charity starts at home.

john