Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: "it's rigged, it's rigged!"  (Read 1411 times)

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Field Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
"it's rigged, it's rigged!"
« on: November 10, 2016, 04:13:39 pm »
"It's rigged, it's rigged, the systems corrupt".....What?... What?......I've won? what I meant to say was our democratic election system is the best in the world! (two faces of disingenuous rhetoric springs to mind!) but I suppose it will be par for the course from now on!  :sad:
Two rights don't equal a left.
 The BFG

What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe iddee too, so long as he don't go too far to the  right and fall off the edge...but I think maybe some comb over artists already have!.....

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
Re: "it's rigged, it's rigged!"
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 04:59:25 pm »
Not exactly. Bring out in the open what the crooks plan and they back out of doing it.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 06:41:39 pm »
iddee
Could you be a bit more specific as to who the crook is?
cider :wink:
 The BFG

The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe iddee too, so long as he don't go too far to the  right and fall off the edge...but I think maybe some comb over artists already have!.....

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 06:50:32 pm »
George Soros, Clinton's TRUE employer.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 09:19:53 pm »
When precincts in the last election were officially reporting well over 100% turn out.., suspicion is justified.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 02:47:10 pm »
Not exactly. Bring out in the open what the crooks plan and they back out of doing it.

Iddee
As regards the above:
It's started aready, remember "I will get rid of Abamacare, its a dissaster" he now states he will keep parts of it because its very good. As regards a special prosecuter for Clinton that seems to have gone by the board. He's only been the P/Elect for a few days, if he carries on like this he will end up as a Democrat lite!!! :grin:
Regards
Cider
 The BFG

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 03:15:49 pm »
He's learning the ways of a politician quickly, isn't he, Cider?   :cool: :grin: :grin: :grin:

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 07:20:30 pm »
He's learning the ways of a politician quickly, isn't he, Cider?   :cool: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Iddee
A lot of punters are going to feel conned though, will that throw up even more riots? And its not even incarnation day yet!!!! :grin:
Cider
 The BFG

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 07:57:28 pm »
I was being facetious, cider....... He will find a happy medium before finalizing.

*Shel Silverstein*

Online kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2016, 08:35:18 pm »
sort of like your Brexit vote.  The people have spoken....oh wait...maybe that doesn't matter?   :wink:

The thing about Trump and I don't know if his supporters get this yet, is that he is not an ideologue.  He's a businessman who is used to making deals.  He said so.  None of us really know what he's going to do. 

We did know what Hillary would do and it was rejected.  People are willing to take a chance on the unknown and that's ok.  We'll see how it works out.

Unlike you Brits, we have ways to hold our elected officials accountable.  Once yours are elected, they do as they please.  Ours might give that a try, but we have enough of them up for election often enough that we can at least partially clean house every couple of years.

We will either be pleasantly surprised by him or disappointed.  Either way, we'll not have the continuation of the Obama admin and his pen and phone policies to deal with.  Neither will we have the woman who lies when the truth would serve as well, and cackles when she laughs.  4  years of that would have had the states opening the looney bins again. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2016, 12:28:48 pm »
"...cackles when she laughs..."

Good imagery there.  Anybody looked to see if she layed eggs?

I've heard she was one foul-mouthed old bird when she was first lady, second only to Al Gore's wife.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Online kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2016, 12:43:20 pm »
I've heard she was one foul-mouthed old bird when she was first lady, second only to Al Gore's wife.

What is most often said is that she does not treat people around her well.  the occasional f-bomb is not a big deal to me, but treating people who work for you badly is not acceptable, especially when some of them were there to protect her at the expense of their own lives if need be. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2016, 02:00:47 pm »
Actually a Secret Service agent was the source of my info.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Field Bee
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2016, 05:56:27 pm »

Iddee
A lot of punters are going to feel conned though, will that throw up even more riots? And its not even incarnation day yet!!!! :grin:
Cider

Memo to myself:.............even though he should be incarcerated he's not been "inaugurated yet"
 The BFG

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2016, 07:44:56 pm »
Cider, maybe this will explain it a little better.   :wink:   :cool:

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Field Bee
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2016, 07:54:46 pm »
iddee
Who actually got the most votes?
Regards
cid :wink:er
 The BFG

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2016, 08:16:19 pm »
Depends on whether you count the dead voter's ballots and the non-citizen's ballots or not.  It is questionable when some areas had more votes than the population of the area.
But that is neither here nor there. We don't choose a president by who gets the most votes from the citizens. If we did, 5% of the land mass would always control. 95% of the land mass has too few people to compete head to head with the larger cities.

*Shel Silverstein*

Online sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline chorrylan

• House Bee
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2016, 01:02:26 am »

Subject: Check out FINAL ELECTION 2016 NUMBERS: TRUMP WON BOTH POPULAR ( 62.9 M -62.2
According to snopes that article and those numbers are simply fabrications.
Not sure why someone would bother though as the popular vote has no relevance does it?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Online sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2016, 05:40:26 am »
Do you really believe Snopes?
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Field Bee
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2016, 10:10:28 am »
Do you really believe Snopes?

Probably more than he believes Trump! :cheesy:
 The BFG

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Field Bee
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2016, 10:27:46 am »
Depends on whether you count the dead voter's ballots and the non-citizen's ballots or not.  It is questionable when some areas had more votes than the population of the area.
But that is neither here nor there. We don't choose a president by who gets the most votes from the citizens. If we did, 5% of the land mass would always control. 95% of the land mass has too few people to compete head to head with the larger cities.
Surely it would be an individual citizens vote irrespective of how many resided in which ever state? and so would remove the chance of corruption in the  'electoral collage voting system' :smile:
 The BFG

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2016, 11:54:04 am »
And allow 3 states to rule all 50. No, thanks.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2016, 01:14:19 pm »
And allow 3 states to rule all 50. No, thanks.

Totally agree. The electoral college gives rural states a say in the election. If it were up to a straight popular vote only the interests of urban and suburban voters would be addressed.
Neill

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2016, 03:01:18 pm »
And that is exactly what the electoral college was designed for, and why it is as relevant today as it has always been.   It worked exactly as planned!
People forget that there was a time in our history where the rural population was greater than the urban population.  At that time, the electoral college 'saved' the city dwellers from majority rule by the farmers.   The EC is there to protect the rights of the minority population, as opposed to direct popular vote, which is a guarantee of mob rule.  Just look at European history 100 years ago for evidence of my claim.  The Russian revolution was a text book case of a majority of wolves voting to eat the sheep.
This is not the 1st time that the EC vote defeated the popular vote, nor will it be the last.

And the corruption lies in the individual ballots, not the electoral college.  For example, Chicago and Denver both (and other locales) have long histories of dead people voting and living people voting multiple times, as well as ineligible people voting.  How is that populist vote even close to fair and just?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 03:16:44 pm by Hops Brewster »
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.