Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The nightmare is nearly over  (Read 1179 times)

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
The nightmare is nearly over
« on: November 08, 2016, 01:56:02 pm »
With Election day upon us, the 2-year nightmare of a campaign "season" is nearly over.  Let the new nightmare begin!
Let us to remember to pray today, that whichever nightmare candidate wins out this contest, that they will be limited to only 1 term, or Less.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
Re: The nightmare is nearly over
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 03:10:38 pm »
I'm thinking neither one will get all their wishes once they are in. You may actually see congress do something for a change. OH, MY GOSH!!   Wouldn't that be a revelation?
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline MikeyN.C.

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 06:13:11 pm »
If he doesn't win , at least he has made some head roll.

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 08:29:42 pm »
I'm thinking neither one will get all their wishes once they are in. You may actually see congress do something for a change. OH, MY GOSH!!   Wouldn't that be a revelation?
Totally agree!
Neill

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 12:03:22 am »

You may be expecting more than the Congress can deliver. They're creatures of the guvmint, after all.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 12:29:56 am »
maybe now with repub house and senate with trump they can accomplish something.

Online nella

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 02:06:40 am »
The nightmares over with a happy ending!!!

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 03:44:28 am »
2:40 AM, EST, say hello to PRESIDENT Trump.   :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 03:45:49 am »
dang iddee you beat me to it gain. :tongue: :tongue: :wink:

john

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 03:50:30 am »
You young'uns are just too slow.  I'm only 17, and dyslexic.    :cheesy: :cheesy:

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline gww

• Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 03:53:35 am »
Oh well, I guess I was on the wrong side again.  I guess I still earned the right to gripe and can say it was all not my fault  :cool:.
Cheers
gww

Iddee, Nothing wrong with second childhoods no matter how you have to frame it to get there.

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 04:10:00 am »
You're forgiven this time, gww. Just be sure to vote the right way in 2020.   :tongue:   :cheesy:

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline gww

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2016, 04:15:16 am »
Iddee
I am in a red state.  There is only one way to swim against the current here. :embarassed:
Cheers
gww

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2016, 07:58:33 am »
Trump won. Now to see what in the world is going to happen besides a stock market crash. I am buying some stocks tomorrow now.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 08:16:09 am »
I got up this morning dreading to look at the news. I just knew that the voting machines that were made by a company owned by George Soros were rigged to throw the election. What a pleasant surprise. My hope and faith in the election process is somewhat strengthen.

God used a lot of characters in the Bible to further his good will. Maybe Trump's one of them. We still are very obligated to pray much for this man. (Book of Timothy right?)

in other news..,

They say Hillary didn't even show up for a condolence speech. Her supporters were given the stiff.

The good news for liberals is... the drought is over in California - all them tears that hit the ground...
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2016, 10:57:54 am »
Looks like the end result will be 228 to 304 and Trump, who was predicted by all the left wing liberal news to lose, will win by 76 electoral votes.  If he was a democrat they would be calling it landslide.  Instead they are reiterating everything they hate about Trump and every misstep they think he made in the campaign... and they are calling it a "stunning" turn around and are trying to explain why they were not only wrong, but SO wrong.  Why don't they admit they are prejudiced and their polls reflected that.  And I have a hint.  No one ever gets elected by supporting gun control.  Not ever.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2016, 11:27:29 am »
Let's just hope Canada and Mexico are able to absorb all the people who said they'd move to those countries.  And that those people will follow up on their promises.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 11:41:52 am »
I can not say that I'm pleased by Trump's victory, but I am rather proud that voters rejected the corrupt Clinton machine.

Next great battle, time to rein in the bureaucrats and their arbitrary rules that have weight of law, where the greatest encumbrance to Liberty truly lies.

Now it's time to order my "Don't blame me, I didn't vote for either turd" bumper sticker.
Winter is coming.

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2016, 11:44:39 am »
It is stunning how the left can't see this election for what it was.
For as bad a candidate as Trump was, he still schlonged her.
This election certainly wasn't about him, it was a rejection of big government leftism. Period.

Online sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2016, 01:05:45 pm »
I was also very surprised this morning, very happily I might add.
Jim
"The good news for liberals is... the drought is over in California - all them tears that hit the ground..."
 :cheesy:
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2016, 01:09:36 pm »
I never thought it was a lock for Clinton. Taking the margin of error in consideration the polls showed a tie. He trounced her in the electoral college but she beat him narrowly by popular vote. Hillary had a lot of baggage and she probably couldn't have beaten any Republican.

I hope that Trump has a private persona that we haven't seen yet and does the hard work to make a good leader.
Neill

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2016, 01:47:03 pm »
>Now to see what in the world is going to happen besides a stock market crash.

So far the DOW is up 171 points.

>And that those people will follow up on their promises.

Yes.  I look forward to Miley and Katy Perry leaving...

>Now it's time to order my "Don't blame me, I didn't vote for either turd" bumper sticker.

I need one of those.  I voted for Johnson.  As long as the big parties keep selling their propaganda about wasting your vote, people will keep wasting their vote...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2016, 02:26:24 pm »
I heard someone say; "Trump schooled them (Rs/Ds/Media) on how to win an election." I agree. I understand by Vann Thomas on CNN that this was a white backlash vote.., Isn't Hillary white? am I missing something?
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2016, 03:09:14 pm »
I heard someone say; "Trump schooled them (Rs/Ds/Media) on how to win an election." I agree. I understand by Vann Thomas on CNN that this was a white backlash vote.., Isn't Hillary white? am I missing something?

That's CNN's way of saying anybody voting for Trump/against Clinton is a racist, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, anti-gay, anti-female deplorable, despicable piece of garbage. 

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2016, 03:10:27 pm »
You young'uns are just too slow.  I'm only 17, and dyslexic.    :cheesy: :cheesy:

yea and im a one arm bandit who has fat fingures and half blind.

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2016, 03:21:36 pm »
i sleep in this morning and missed the buying frenzy. but the markets have been twisted so much it hard to really know what the real market levels really are. so just have to keep what i have.

john

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2016, 04:13:46 pm »
The dems have misjudged a lot of things.  You assume that the Hispanic's in this country want more immigration when it will compete for their jobs.  You assume the Hispanic's in this country are not Catholic when you support abortion or put down Catholicism for being against birth control.  You assume that middle class working blacks want more taxes and more welfare.  You assume that blacks are in favor of abortion when many have religious convictions against it.  You assume blacks are all against taking care of the military when half the military is black...  You assume that the polls by the left wing liberal press are accurate and not biased towards the left.  You assume you can run a campaign in favor of gun control and win an election.  The dems made a lot of wrong assumptions.
-------------------

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2016, 05:37:34 pm »
I never thought it was a lock for Clinton. Taking the margin of error in consideration the polls showed a tie. He trounced her in the electoral college but she beat him narrowly by popular vote. Hillary had a lot of baggage and she probably couldn't have beaten any Republican.

I hope that Trump has a private persona that we haven't seen yet and does the hard work to make a good leader.

Hillary's campaign spent nearly $1,500,000,000 (1.5 Billion).   Trumps, about $900,000,000 (900 Million).
Sort of puts things in perspective, huh?
Winter is coming.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2016, 08:46:22 pm »
Someone said Trump spent $5 per vote.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2016, 09:17:10 am »
>Hillary's campaign spent nearly $1,500,000,000 (1.5 Billion).   Trumps, about $900,000,000 (900 Million).
Sort of puts things in perspective, huh?

If that's true then it's the first time that the bigger spender didn't win...
-------------------

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2016, 09:23:37 am »
The nightmare might not be over. All these young lefties might just be out there blocking traffic all four years.

Online sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2016, 11:33:46 am »
The nightmare might not be over. All these young lefties might just be out there blocking traffic all four years.

They probably think they are still being paid to cause problems. :angry:
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2016, 12:05:38 pm »
Heard a good quote on the radio this morning. "The people who voted for Trump are the ones spending their time either looking for or working a job to support their family, and don't have time to be protesting."

Offline flyboy

• House Bee
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2016, 04:58:33 pm »
Let's just hope Canada and Mexico are able to absorb all the people who said they'd move to those countries.  And that those people will follow up on their promises.
Not so fast! Who says we want the biliaryites?
Cheers
Al
First packages - 2 queens and bees May 17 2014 - doing well