Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Afraid be very Afraid!  (Read 1149 times)

Online herbhome

• Field Bee
Re: Afraid be very Afraid!
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2016, 03:55:03 pm »
Can you imagine if Nixon (who could have claimed executive privilege, since he was the POTUS) had only released a few redacted tapes when he was subpoenaed by congress?  I'm sure they would have charged him with contempt of congress.
Michael,
 As I recall there was a scandal over a long blank/erased section of tape that was turned over. A secretary ended up taking the heat for it.
When will they learn to just speak privately with each other and not have electronic records of everything they do? :wink:
Neill

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2016, 04:15:22 pm »
long blank/erased section of tape that was turned over.

18.5 min.
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2016, 04:26:33 pm »
Interesting that Hillary can lose 33,000 emails and destroy her blackberry with a hammer but Nixon gets flack for one gap in the tapes of 18.5 minutes which his secretary says was when she answered the phone and hit the wrong button... Nixon turned over 42 million pages of documents and thousands of hours of tapes...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2016, 08:15:44 pm »

There are so many ways for things to go sideways quickly.  We are in a more unstable world right now than any time in my lifetime.  And I still believe that when Iran has working nukes, they will use them.

So, Kathy, what do you think would be the appropriate response by the US?  And what do you think will be the actual response?  I know it will depend on who is leading the US.  I think the first target of Iran would be Israel.  The next might be SA.  If we launch multiple warheads against Tehran, who do you think the world will view as villain? 

It would have been much better for everyone had the genie remained in the bottle, but Obama has had his way and I fear the genie is ready to blow the cork out.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2016, 08:55:52 pm »
So, Kathy, what do you think would be the appropriate response by the US

That horse is out of the barn.  There is nothing we can do and targeting Iran after the fact will not help.  I think you are correct that Israel would be the desired target, but the goal is chaos.  Israel has a superb anti-missile defense.  Iran would either have to have a lot of nukes or get very lucky.  Truth is, they don't have to actually hit Israel to achieve their goals.  If their nukes were shot down, there would still be tremendous contamination wherever they exploded.  Israel would most certainly turn them into a sheet of glass.

An alternate target would be Rome.  We have a large presence in the med, so they would probably not get lucky there either, but they could contaminate a large area of Europe. 

An alternate scenario is the EMP.  A nuke fired off shore and detonated in the air could cripple Europe or N. Africa, or the US, or wherever else they chose to do it.  A cascade effect on any of the grids would be as bad as actually blowing things up, but slower. 

They are not going to be particular about how they bring about this chaos.  They are not going to care if they kill other Muslims or even die themselves.  It is their destiny to do this and usher in the Mahdi.  And...Iran is now very attached to Russia and dependent on them for a number of things...so there's that....

They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2016, 09:45:44 pm »
"Israel would most certainly turn them into a sheet of glass."

By "them" you mean Iran in retaliation?

Iran's work on long-range ballistic missiles means they could reach just about anywhere, right?  "The great satan" seems their most likely target, maybe simultaneous  with Israel. Do you think Hillary would launch immediately, before we were hit but after their launch was verified?  Trump?
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2016, 10:03:18 pm »
The thing about Iran is that while their goal of a Muslim world is the same as many others, their vision of their place in achieving that goal is different. 

ISIS and the jihadis want to conquer.  Iran wants to usher in the 12th Imam.  Iran believes he's here and that it is their place in the grand scheme of things to create the conditions for his appearance.  The main condition is world chaos. 

The Original is in Farsi and has lots of musical fluff and stuff, as many of these do.  This is edited for time to about 1/2 an hour and translated.  The full video was done by the Iranians to prepare the people for the coming.

There are lots more and speeches over the years including some done byAhmadinejad   in the UN.  He believes his the one to personally usher in the Mahdi so we'll see if he gets into power again.  He's working on it.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2016, 10:25:44 pm »
This search will give you more stuff and some more current.

Well, heck.  Search results didn't work.  Just search youtube; Mahdi is here.

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2016, 12:47:34 pm »
From Dallas,
"Iran's work on long-range ballistic missiles means they could reach just about anywhere, right?  "The great satan" seems their most likely target, maybe simultaneous  with Israel. Do you think Hillary would launch immediately, before we were hit but after their launch was verified?"
Only if you can wake her up and it would politically or financially help her. :angry:
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2016, 02:13:02 pm »
From Dallas,

and it would politically or financially help her. :angry:
Jim
One and the same in the Clinton Mafia
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.