Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Wild Bill for America  (Read 574 times)

Online nella

• House Bee
Wild Bill for America
« on: October 25, 2016, 10:14:30 am »

Online sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
Re: Wild Bill for America
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 02:59:21 pm »
Another good post.
Thanks
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 08:55:04 pm »
I thought about it and I still think about it.
Islam is a people.  A people who believes in a superior being like most of us.  To label a people as being bad is like labeling all Southern Baptist as being bad because a few of them do bad things and they claim to be Southern Baptist.  Why not just label them terrorist who have GONE ASTRAY from what the people they claim to be?  It is not what they are or what they claim to be.  It is what an individual does or a group does that defines if they are bad or good.
Trump aligns himself with Putin another rich horses ass that will be the downfall of Russia, again.  However he will come out rich while many people suffer.  Do we Americans what to follow that path?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 09:08:35 pm »
If that is true, why are all gun owners judged by the few bad ones? Isn't that the same principle?
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 12:33:54 am »
Shoot Iddee, we all know how gun owners are looked at by people that aren't.  You should be in some of our shoes, I am a gun owner, from Mississippi and you all know how bad those people are, some have even come down to Buds for the get together in April in the past.  The job I had the bosses were from Ohio, my supervisor and his wife liked it so good if it wasn't for most of their relatives living back in Ohio they would have stayed here after he retired.
But back to the video, Obama and Hillary do want to do away with the 2nd Amendment and bring in thousands of unvetted refuges.  Just my thoughts.

Joe D

Online herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 02:29:01 pm »
I agree with both Iddee and Acebird.

To equate wacko terrorists who profess Islam with the entire religion is the same thing as saying David Koresh was representative of Christianity. No one knew the Scriptures better than he but he was nuttier than a fruitcake.

The overwhelming majority of gun owners are responsible law abiding citizens who either love the outdoors or want to defend themselves against those who are not law abiding.
Neill

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 10:48:49 am »
>... but he was nuttier than a fruitcake.

Or so the media portrayed him...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Online herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 08:23:00 pm »
>... but he was nuttier than a fruitcake.

Or so the media portrayed him...
Michael,

That's true.  I have no way of knowing what was true and what was made up about him. I do know this. If the ATF kicks your door in, it is nuts to try and shoot it out with them. Come out with your hands up and argue your side in court.
Neill

Online kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 10:39:06 pm »
To equate wacko terrorists who profess Islam with the entire religion is the same thing as saying David Koresh was representative of Christianity. No one knew the Scriptures better than he but he was nuttier than a fruitcake.

I don't think anyone says all Muslims are terrorists.  The problem with the points you guys made are that  if you follow the new testament on which Christianity is based, you do not come away thinking it's good idea to kill people because they won't convert, or to rape women, or to sell people into slavery. 
If you follow the Quran, on which Islam is based, and depending on your sect, follow the hadiths and fatwas, you do come away with all of the above ideas. 

"Christians" who do this stuff are acting outside the teachings.  Muslims that do it are following their teaching.  So...you have 1.5 to 2 billion Muslims in the world, even a small number following the radical teachings and you have millions willing to kill and die. 

The Muslims can't sort them and are murdered by them for not being Muslim enough.  We can't sort them.  Until there is a way to sort them, what is the logical and safe thing to do?
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline gww

• Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2016, 12:37:24 am »
Kathy
Of course there was the spanish inquisition and the crusades.

For those who beleive in polls, there was a poll that was taken that said christians were more open to using torture.
http://religiondispatches.org/christians-more-supportive-of-torture-than-non-religious-americans/

We can't sort them.  Until there is a way to sort them, what is the logical and safe thing to do?

Safe is not always correct. 
If  a child fell in the lion pit it would still need saved even though there was a lion there or more so because the lion was there.  You would do the same thing with the bad ones that got through that you do with the bad ones that are already here and a bunch of them american by birth.  You would pick up the peices and punish the perpatrator.  Safe people today may be unsafe tomorrow for lots of reasons.  The may get a mental illness or be going through a divorce or some other life changing event that makes them want to hurt themselve and others.

Have we decided there should be no heros cause it is unsafe to do so?  I would say that our polititions should look out for american interest and not try and ruin out economy with cheep labor and take reasonable measures to keep the american people as safe as they want to be.  But, the american people might want to be charitable and help in some way those who can not help themselves and take the risk for that to happen.  That is also not out of line with christian beliefs.  I am pretty sure that a very small minourity can cause some major damage but also that most of those coming are like us and lots more good ones than bad and some of the bad might be weeded out during vetting.  Vetting will never (no matter how good it is) weed out all risk and so you are setting a plato that can never be reached with your position.  I am not saying you are wrong in wanting to take zero risk just to help others but just that everyone may not feel that way.

I though am still mad cause they take my pocket knife from me at the air port and that they won't sell me enough sudafed to stock up on for when I get sick cause of their fear someone might make meth with it.  They kinda make my life worse (in my mind) due to fear.

I think fear is a little over rated but I am not responcible for caring for a nation so what do I know. 
Cheers
gww