Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Court Tomorrow  (Read 676 times)

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
Court Tomorrow
« on: October 24, 2016, 09:58:36 am »
For those who don't know, and that is likely everyone, I have court tomorrow to finalize my divorce and for custody of my child. To make a long story short 3 months after my son was born my wife, unannounced, called me told me she was getting a divorce and taking the kid. She literally left so fast that she did not shut the door. I had to get a court order just to get my son back. I am not saying by any means I am perfect as I am not. I am super nervous about it and it has been going on for 10 months now. So please pray for me, my wife, but most of all for my son.

Online sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
Re: Court Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 10:33:09 am »
Wow, that is rough. Good luck and be strong.
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 10:48:46 am »
Thanks. She wants full custody and to move 3 hours away that is what she is asking for. Unfortunately if that would require more andmore court. You don't get to move at this court hearing thankfully and I have a tremendous amount going for me as proof of being a good father so there is always the chance she will get the full custody I don't think it will happen.

Online herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 12:41:15 pm »
Good luck, man. Sorry about all the turmoil. Here in Arkansas, courts rarely award full custody unless there is an overwhelming case for it. Almost always joint custody.

Whatever happens, do your best to shield your child from the negativity and acrimony that you have to be feeling.
Neill

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 03:21:05 pm »
Thanks. Yeah that is the law in Alabama. Other than ending a 5 year marriage and running off with the kid I don't have anything to damaging on the wife either. We will probably get joint custody but she wants to move back home, with my child, to her new boyfriend and family which is 2 and half to 3 hours away depending on traffic. She is not wanting to settle so I have no choice but to go to court. My entire goal is to protect Noah, the kid you see in my picture.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Field Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 03:53:05 pm »
Please,Please do not take this the wrong way, but should you be putting a photo of your child who will be subject to a divorce court hearing onto an open forum? I hope I have not offended you, none is intended.
Best Regards
Cider
Two rights don't equal a left.
 The BFG

What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe iddee too, so long as he don't go too far to the  right and fall off the edge...but I think maybe some comb over artists already have!.....

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 04:35:30 pm »
Things might be different in the UK but all court proceedings, depositions, and such are already public records. By that his picture is already public record because we submitted pictures of him and other such things a while ago so it should not be a big deal. He is also my facebook profile pic.

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 04:43:50 pm »
As he is also her profile pic so I see no harm but no offense was taken. AFter this year it takes a lot for someone to offend me.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 11:59:09 pm »
Hope it all works out good for you and your son.

Joe D

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 08:28:26 am »
Man I hate that for you bw, will be praying for the three of yall.

herbhome brought up a good point. Always remember that she is his mama and he will always love the two of you. Yall don't argue, fight, or fuss in his presence. That probably hurts a child more than we'll ever realize.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2016, 03:41:23 pm »
We settled it before court. I don't hate her at all and will let no one talk ill of her especially infont of Noah. I pray for her and everyone and we are sharing custody of Noah. All in all God looked out for us and allowed us to do the best and right thing.

Online herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2016, 04:00:42 pm »
Good for you Bwallace, and good for little Noah.
Neill

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2016, 08:13:22 am »
good deal, it could have been a whole lot worse. Still sorry for the mess that's came into your life. Every time you pick him up from her, (on his level - excitement) act like it's the greatest thing to see him. We feel it inside but kids need to see it outside. Talk to him about God as well. I use to do that with my son. I'd find a pretty flower, point it out and say something like, Look what God made, ain't that pretty?
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Rurification

• Field Bee
    • Rurification
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2016, 09:50:14 am »
Glad it's working out.   It'll be hard, but it'll pay off if you can keep a good and loving attitude the way you are.   God bless.
Robin Edmundson
www.rurification.com

Beekeeping since 2012

Online sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2016, 11:17:47 am »
I'm glad for you and your son. It is rare to have worked out for everyone and minimal lawyer involvement.
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2016, 06:25:00 pm »
Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Bee keeping has been a great distraction from all this this past year. I just want to be clear she might have a new bf now but did not when she left. I really think she had some bad post pardum and maybe some other stuff or I am just not sure. She never told me why she left. I talked with my pastor today and he really helped and don't worry Noah will be in church.