Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: uninspected end of my season.  (Read 2883 times)

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
Re: uninspected end of my season.
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2017, 09:40:53 am »
well got a nice suprise  when went to load car to leave for atl. . the stack of hive boxes that are on a pallet in my parking area had some bees flying around. walked over and a swarm the size of about 10 lbs. where walking into a crack in the stack. yeppie. got a swarm without the work. now to let them settle in then to move them.

john

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2017, 08:21:54 pm »
well it'sset may 4 they are going to go into my shoulder again and try to repair my shredded bicep. if they can't they are going to cut the muscle loose to keep it from catching on the joint and other muscles. 8-12 weeks out of work. will not gain anymore strength in the arm but won't loose what mobility i have now. I have been staying at home by myself with the dog because the wife's blindness she started hallucinating very vividly and one night she attached me in bed thinking I was some stranger. then she started hallucinating that people were attacking her in the house . so her sister came and got her and took her to her house. we had a vitamin blood work done and found that she had no vitamin b12, d3, zinc in her body. they believe this may have caused the blindness. will her sister was a nurse and is administering massive amounts of the vitamins per docs 6 times a day. she doing lots better and hope to have her home in week or two. she seems a whole lot better.

wish us luck.

john

Offline cao

• Field Bee
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2017, 08:27:02 pm »
Luck.  :smile:

Offline sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2017, 09:29:47 pm »
Double luck. 😀
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2017, 09:32:22 pm »
thanks everyone

Offline Rurification

• Field Bee
    • Rurification
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2017, 02:40:34 pm »
Good to hear they may have discovered what was causing your wife's problems.  I hope they can correct it quickly.

Good luck with the next surgery.  I'm happy to hear that you won't lose mobility.  That's a lot to be grateful for. 
Robin Edmundson
www.rurification.com

Beekeeping since 2012

Offline Captain776

• House Bee
  • Captain
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2017, 05:39:34 am »
First and foremost........like everyone else here, we all wish you a speedy recovery.
WC is a scam and lobbyists in every state have it stacked against you.
Fell on a construction project, went out in an ambulance and was in surgery by noon for a complete rupture of Achilles' tendon.
WC refused to pay, said I was only partially disabled.
Cast from the knee down, takng 12 Vicodin a day.
I had a 30 mile drive each way with a company truck and a cast on my right leg.
Do you want me to drive? With a cast on right leg and my mind is in Disneyland from Opiates, please put that in writing fir me.
Took them to court, if they don't gave a good reason not to be paying you, they are responsible for triple damages.
We are going to court Monday, I got a registered letter Thursday before court, they are going to soy and pay retroactive to accident day.
Go to court on Monday, they tell the judge they are paying me..........the following Thursday another registered letter, cut me off again.
Can go on and on but won't hire everyone.

THIS IS IMPORTANT......VERY IMPORTANT:
Never give a taped statement to anyone without having your own tape recorder and make sure they know you are also taping.
AIG insurance came to my house and took a statement a few days after the accident...........a few weeks later my lawyer showed me a copy of the transcript of the taping............I COULDNT BELIEVE IT.......they edited the tape during transcribing it and made it say what they wanted it to say.
Learn from my mistake..........never give a one sided taping.
Bought my first NUC April 7, 2016.
Like all you when you first started, I am fascinated with beginning Beekeeping and trying to learn all I can.
I retired May 2015 and have added this to my short list of hobbies.

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2017, 11:26:44 am »
Well had surgery yesterday. 3.5 hours. I think they just cut the tendons to the bicep. Really won't know till I see the doc on the 16 th.. now for the  recovery and rehab. 8-12 weeks out of work. Let the boardum end quickly. The wife is doing really really good. The doc is impressed by the dotera oils that she is using and the bone and nutritional supplements from them to. I even started using to help relieve my hypertension. They're costly but that another tax deduction because insurance won't pay for any of her meds because they are all consider experimental because of the no cure and no treatment protocol for her disease.

So now to find something to stay busy.

John

Offline Captain776

• House Bee
  • Captain
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2017, 12:26:43 am »
Thanks GSF. Well got the verdict today. Split the cup in my shoulder in half and have to have surgery to put the parts back together. Having it done on the 14th. He won't know which Tenon's and muscles are damaged until he opens me up. Then the long road to recovery. Now to get the finances in order. Workman's comp. Is crap. And the laws don't help. They get us to buy short and long term disability and then say you can't collect it even tho you pay for it. Extra Because the law doesn't think you deserve it even tho you were smart enough to buy extra coverage in case something happens. What a ripoff. Doesn't even tell you when you look at your policy that the law says you can't get WC and a payed for disability insurance at same time because that's double dipping. Well I'm going to talk to a attorney about this fraud .

John

Had a WC case in 2003, I was taken off the site by ambulance at 7:30 am and in surgery at noon.
AIG said I was only partially disabled, would not pay.
I take them to court, if they don't have a good reason not to pay, they need to pay triple, 3 days BEFORE court, got a letter, they are going to pay retroactive back to the day of accident.
Went to court on Monday, AIG told the judge they are paying me.
Thursday of that week, letter from AIG.......cut off again and on and on and on.
Got a 100,000 settlement, BUT, lawyer gets 30%, no problem, BUT then AIG gets reimbursed all the medical costs from MY settlement, Igot 52,000 out of 100.
That us the law in Massachusetts.

Good Luck
Bought my first NUC April 7, 2016.
Like all you when you first started, I am fascinated with beginning Beekeeping and trying to learn all I can.
I retired May 2015 and have added this to my short list of hobbies.

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2017, 10:03:14 am »
there very happy to cove everthing on me. they dont want osha involved due to to many mistakes. plus accident happen infront of director of the dept. i dont want to go disable. i need to stay ativebor ill die. and i dont want tto have to exsplain every move i make if someone post a photo of me doing anything where im using my right arm to just assits in movement. i will not take desk job. if anything happens i prefer to go med retired at 55. i can take it at 55 with a 25 %loss before 60. hope for them to negociate to let me have that 25 %. then they will try to settle when the docs say there is nomore they can due for me. I wont except that if they will not take care of my shoulder for life. docs say there will most likly be additional surjuries later possible.

john

Offline Rurification

• Field Bee
    • Rurification
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2017, 09:21:51 am »
Glad to hear the surgery went well.   Here's hoping you get a settlement/arrangement that you are happy with.   OSHA is a powerful motivator.   

Best regards to your wife.  I'm really happy she's doing so much better!
Robin Edmundson
www.rurification.com

Beekeeping since 2012

anything