Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Registering to sell honey  (Read 10805 times)

Offline Wombat2

• House Bee
Re: Registering to sell honey
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2015, 06:53:47 pm »
Max has worked it out.   Never offer yourself up to local government.  Just get on with it and plead ignorance.

Some wise person said -"It is easier to apologise than ask permission"
David L

Offline rawfind

• House Bee
    • My Website
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2015, 02:47:06 am »
Max has worked it out.   Never offer yourself up to local government.  Just get on with it and plead ignorance.

Im 100% in agreeance !  the less you have to do with councils and goverment the better they are there to interfere with your life only.

Offline Richard M

• House Bee
    • Onsite Assessments Tas
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2015, 05:24:54 am »

Im 100% in agreeance !  the less you have to do with councils and goverment the better they are there to interfere with your life only.

Like when they build/repair roads & railways so you can get to the shops, provide a water supply, pipe away and treat sewage, take away your garbage, put out fires, send an ambulance, build airports, provide air traffic control etc?

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2015, 08:05:19 am »
>Like when they build/repair roads & railways so you can get to the shops, provide a water supply, pipe away and treat sewage, take away your garbage, put out fires, send an ambulance, build airports, provide air traffic control etc?

You have a government that does all that for you?  I don't.  I pay a private company to haul my garbage.  The fire department burned down a couple of years ago and when they showed up at the house next door they accomplished nothing... and they are all volunteers.  We have no airport in my town, or the next one up the road, or the next one, or the next one...  My water comes from my well and goes into my septic tank.  The roads... well the roads are nice when they aren't tearing them up constantly, which is... never...  Roads COULD be nice...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Wombat2

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2015, 06:22:02 pm »
at the local weekly market there were 5 stalls selling honey - 3 had unlabeled jars, 1 had hand written labels with just the word "Honey" - only 1 had a more informative label but no contact details or nutritional information (required if selling by retail). I tried to report it -Council aid it was DPI - DPI said it was State Health - State Health said it was Local Council  ...I gave up
David L

Offline Richard M

• House Bee
    • Onsite Assessments Tas
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2015, 06:57:58 pm »
>Like when they build/repair roads & railways so you can get to the shops, provide a water supply, pipe away and treat sewage, take away your garbage, put out fires, send an ambulance, build airports, provide air traffic control etc?

You have a government that does all that for you?  I don't.  I pay a private company to haul my garbage.  The fire department burned down a couple of years ago and when they showed up at the house next door they accomplished nothing... and they are all volunteers.  We have no airport in my town, or the next one up the road, or the next one, or the next one...  My water comes from my well and goes into my septic tank.  The roads... well the roads are nice when they aren't tearing them up constantly, which is... never...  Roads COULD be nice...

Ah well - maybe you need to move to a civilised country.