Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Northern Boy - Southern Girl:  (Read 2619 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Northern Boy - Southern Girl:
« on: January 23, 2015, 05:14:36 pm »
Northern Boy - Southern Girl:

The Liberal Northerner's son graduated from college and was offered a good job, but it was in the Deep South.

Dad, a liberal Democrat, was worried about his son going off to such a strange land and he warned him to avoid entanglements with southern women.

"They can't cook the kind of food we northerners eat, they won't keep the house clean, they don't like sex, and if you marry one, she'll call you a darn Yankee the rest of your life. "

After a few months, the son telephoned Dad and told him he had just met a wonderful Southern girl, and thought he was in love with her.

Dad repeated his warnings about Southern women and their shortcomings.

After another couple of months, the son called Dad and told him he and his Southern girl were getting married. Dad just moaned and groaned and repeated his warnings.

Two more months go by and son telephones Dad......"Dad, you were wrong. My wife is a great cook, keeps the house neat as a pin, and she absolutely loves sex."

Dad responded, "Well, what about the fourth thing -- her calling you a darn Yankee?"

"Oh, we reached an agreement on that.  She won't call me a darn Yankee, and I won't call her the N word.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Northern Boy - Southern Girl:
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 07:11:50 pm »
 :grin:
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 11:48:54 pm »
Ya know, it was kind of funny when I was living in the South and dating southern belles.  We just never seemed to be living on the same planet!  Seemed very odd at the time.  Now a decade later, I'm wondering if maybe they were bee keepers  :grin:

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 12:56:18 pm »
Now Blue, it maybe that you are the one from another planet.   

Joe

Offline Switchback

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 09:15:21 pm »
 :grin:
"Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking." J. C. Watts

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 08:15:29 am »
>We just never seemed to be living on the same planet!

She had her world view and you have yours.  And no, it's not the same world.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything