Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: the people have spoken  (Read 1172 times)

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
the people have spoken
« on: November 05, 2014, 12:24:03 pm »
well, hopefully this will get the economy moving a little.  the sad part of that is that if it does the obamanites will claim it's all because his policies are finally taking hold.

Offline sterling

• Queen Bee
Re: the people have spoken
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 12:59:08 pm »
Like Clinton when the Republicans forced him into things.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 01:34:24 am »
 :? :? :?  

The stock market has already BOOMED under the leadership of Pres Obama.  FAR surpassing anything old Reagan ever did.  Only Clinton and FDR has done better.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-obama-bull-market-20140908-column.html

Obama has been creating 200K+ jobs for the past couple of years now.  Are we afraid to look at the data or what?  

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES0000000001?output_view=net_1mth

« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 02:03:59 am by BlueBee »

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 11:59:22 am »
http://money.usnews.com/money/personal-finance/articles/2014/04/24/what-it-means-to-be-middle-class-today

this is what matters. 

and here are your jobs

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/03/part-time-work-july-jobs_n_3700930.html

and here is one of the results

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-05-02/workforce-participation-at-36-year-low-even-as-more-jobs-beckon.html

we have already talked about the stock market.  if you don't understand it by now, no further conversation on that will help.

so yes, lets look at the data.
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 09:59:27 am »
stocks go up with the help of the fed

jobs are created despite mr. o

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 01:55:50 pm »
blue, you do remember that most of america lost it's retirement under slick willy when the market peaked then promptly crashed, right?  it always amazes me when people want to say how great things were under clinton.  if things have been so messed up under obama because of bush doesn't it stand to reason that clinton would have to thank reagan and bush senior for the prosperity during his administration?  let's not kid ourselves.
kathy, thanks for the data!  i think that the electrical engineer that now asks if you'd like fries with that probably isn't thanking obama for his job.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 02:38:06 pm »
I guess it depends on how you interpret how a full time emplyee is cut back tpo part time and takes a second job to fill the gap. Not really job creation now is it?

Offline Geoff

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 06:40:16 pm »
          From 10,000 miles away I'd still vote kathyp for president and Buzzbee for the vice president.
  Afterthought, I would only in that order to proove I'm not sexist.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 06:52:52 pm by Geoff »
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 09:54:24 pm »
LOL.  I don't think I'd last long!   :-D
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville