Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: An Aussie G'day from Melbourne  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Alpal

• New Bee
An Aussie G'day from Melbourne
« on: August 28, 2014, 06:27:55 am »
Greetings everyone! A beekeeping Newbee just popping in to say hello. I've bought my first hive (collected by my vendor as a swarm last summer) and am waiting for a few days until I open it to see what I've got (not really - I was so excited I had a sneak peek yesterday. Woo hooooo!

My wife gave me a book on beekeeping for my bday 4 weeks ago (Backyard Beekeeping) and I've been besotted with them ever since.

I look forward to continuing my bee research and meeting some of you here.

Cheers

Alpal

Offline Gary and Margaret - kiwimana

• House Bee
    • kiwimana
Re: An Aussie G'day from Melbourne
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 07:07:23 am »
Hi Alpal,

Welcome to the forum, great to hear you have picked up your bees.

May the adventure begin, we are over the Auckland in New Zealand.  So have similar weather to you guys, but probably more rain.

Good luck with it...Gary
Thanks

Gary and Margaret
We blog and Podcast at http://kiwimana.co.nz

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 12:49:42 pm »
Greetings everyone! A beekeeping Newbee just popping in to say hello. I've bought my first hive (collected by my vendor as a swarm last summer) and am waiting for a few days until I open it to see what I've got (not really - I was so excited I had a sneak peek yesterday. Woo hooooo!

My wife gave me a book on beekeeping for my bday 4 weeks ago (Backyard Beekeeping) and I've been besotted with them ever since.

I look forward to continuing my bee research and meeting some of you here.

Cheers

Alpal

Welcome to Beemaster Alpal.
I got started into beekeeping the same way. 4 years ago my wife gave me 2 books on beekeeping and I was hooked.
Add your location to your preferences. Answering your beekeeping questions is seriously affected by location.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 09:45:12 pm »
Welcome
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.