Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: monday mornings  (Read 1505 times)

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
monday mornings
« on: February 23, 2013, 02:21:14 pm »
i have been DVRing some of the new shows.  just watched the first 2 episodes of this.  so far, i really like it!  i have not watched a medical show since the 3rd season of ER.  grays anatomy was dreadful, and most seem just to be soap operas with a medical theme....or social engineering with a medical theme. 

guess this is based on a Gupta story so it may go into the social issues at some point, but i think this one is worth a check out.
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville