Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Coffee's Ready  (Read 129451 times)

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
Re: Coffee's Ready
« Reply #720 on: September 09, 2018, 02:53:05 pm »
Looks to me like FDR created a dictatorship in the 1930s and the nation survived, though changed forever.  And both political parties survived, too.  It's difficult to predict what will happen when dealing with the body politic.  I've witnessed turmoil in many nations and hope to see a lot more interesting developments before I am no longer here to observe.  The world map today bares little resemblance to the one I studied as a child.  The North American continent is the only one that has remained constant -- well, with the exceptions of Antarctica and Australia, I'll admit.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #721 on: September 09, 2018, 04:17:48 pm »
If a frog had wings. All Trump is doing is what his hat says.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #722 on: September 10, 2018, 08:51:25 am »
Looks to me like FDR created a dictatorship in the 1930s and the nation survived, though changed forever.

I think not.  If a dictatorship is created the only way to change it is with a revolution, which could happen.  If Trump succeeds he is going to pee on the ones who supported him.  That is what he has always done.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #723 on: September 14, 2018, 05:40:44 am »
"""The part I and any right minded person"""

So you do see the difference. Between a rightist and a right minded person? Yes!

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
"So you do see the difference. Between a rightist and a right minded person"? Yes!
Isn't it obvious. :cheesy:

The analogy iddee the analogy. Do you need me to walk you through it? :rolleyes: (cars and guns...cars and guns) geddit?

I just wish the gun lobby would admit they write off the people killed as 'collateral damage' for the privilege of gun ownership.  :sad: It comes over time and time again.

iddee I will be on cold turkey for the next week, will be away on holiday and devoid of wifi.....don't forget the pills......missing you already......and we don't fly till this evening! :wink:
Cars and guns...cars and guns..  how 'bout this, cider.  The NRA is no different in scope and purpose than the Auto Club.  In the US it is AAA, Canada it's CAA.  Is it BAA in  Britain?  Both organizations advocate for the safe and responsible use of the focus items.  Guns for one, cars for the other.  Yet, there are multitudes more deaths caused in automobile crashes, both accidental and intentional. than caused by personally owned firearms.  Both organizations offer training, camaraderie and support for the item of common interest.  They are, in effect, the same kind of organization.

Do you see anyone trying to eliminate and outlaw the Auto Club any time someone uses a car in a reckless and irresponsible manner?  When people drive vans or lorries down the walkway, killing a dozen at a time, do people blame the vehicle and howl for the confiscation of mass-murdering automobiles?  No?  Why not?  They do that when someone uses a gun in an illegal or irresponsible manner.  What's the difference?  I'll tell you the difference.  The abuse of cars kill far more people than the guns.  And it's just collateral damage for the Auto Club, because accidents happen.
Ya know what, cider?  There is no such thing as an 'accident, for it can be proven that no matter the accident, someone,, somewhere along the line, was negligent.  Ask any lawyer.

Let's outlaw the Auto Club, confiscate motor vehicles and save lives.
Lets get real Hops, when was the last time you rode to work on a gun? A bit uncomfortable I would think, albeit some on here appear to have one protruding from their rectum as it is! :wink:
AA= the Automobile Club, alsothe AA stands for Alcoholics Anonymous.
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #724 on: September 14, 2018, 07:51:37 am »
Let's get real, cider. When's the last time a car gave you a month's supply of steaks and other meats for a dollar or two. albeit it seems that a lot of them provide enough dead meat, but it's not considered edible here.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #725 on: September 14, 2018, 09:26:24 am »
Let's get real, cider. When's the last time a car gave you a month's supply of steaks and other meats for a dollar or two. albeit it seems that a lot of them provide enough dead meat, but it's not considered edible here.

"albeit it seems that a lot of them provide enough dead meat, but it's not considered edible here."
An admission that dead bodies are just acceptable collateral damage even when put in a jocular way. :rolleyes:

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Online sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #726 on: September 14, 2018, 09:42:06 am »
Cider,
He,s talking about road kill, dead deers-raccoons-opossums.
Jim

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #727 on: September 14, 2018, 06:26:43 pm »
NO, Jim, I'm talking about dead bodies from auto accidents. Nobody counts them as a problem. Just accept them and keep driving. In fact, hit and run is becoming more common daily. It's the "accepted collateral" cider keeps mentioning.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #728 on: September 20, 2018, 09:40:54 pm »
Last time I felt like a steak I wandered to my local butchers to get what I wanted. I didn't wander down to the local park to look for an unsuspecting deer to try and kill or potentially wound. On the other hand I do expect my car to take me to my butchers and home again without wounding any pedestrians along the way! So yes I don't expect any "collateral" damage when I go grocery shopping, unlike your hunting/shooting/fishing expeditions. Keep taking the pills, and you will see the futility of it all. :cheesy:
Just read the thread:Trumps trade wars, nice to sit back and watch you all tear yourselves apart :wink: This chilled white port tastes great. :happy:.......don't forget the pinch of salt....after the pills! :wink:       

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #729 on: September 21, 2018, 07:43:57 pm »
Enjoy your overpriced, steroid filled steak, cider. I prefer my all natural, almost free venison. Check your stats. More people killed by cars in England, or more deer killed by hunters? C'mon, cider, answer that one.   :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

TO EACH HIS OWN

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #730 on: September 22, 2018, 05:05:35 am »
Enjoy your overpriced, steroid filled steak, cider. I prefer my all natural, almost free venison. Check your stats. More people killed by cars in England, or more deer killed by hunters? C'mon, cider, answer that one.   :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

TO EACH HIS OWN
Presumably when you visit a restaurant you take your own meat with you?  :rolleyes:
Are these the drugs you're talking about "In 1989, the European Union banned the importation of meat that contained artificial beef growth hormones approved for use and administered in the United States. Originally, the ban covered six such hormones but was amended in 2003 to permanently ban one hormone ?estradiol-17β ? while provisionally banning the use of the five others." The ones that can't be used in the UK but can in the US.  Are those the "Steroids"you quote?  And as for 'Chlorinated chicken.....
iddee treat like for like, size for size, it would be like me asking you how many hunters shot deer in Central Park.
I would still prefer to ride to work in a car than on a gun, would be more uncomfortable shoving another gun up ones rectum, at some point one would 'accidentality' go off. Oops! more collateral damage. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
Keep taking the pills, but more importantly the pinch of salt! :wink:   

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #731 on: September 22, 2018, 06:30:22 am »
Sorry, cider, but like Ace, you have dropped off the deep end. Not worth replying to

Yes, "conditional use" means they still use 5 out of 6.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #732 on: September 22, 2018, 09:30:16 am »
Sorry, cider, but like Ace, you have dropped off the deep end. Not worth replying to

Yes, "conditional use" means they still use 5 out of 6.
Looks like a reply to me! :smile:the salt iddee the salt! :wink:

If its not washed in 'pool type chemicals' it's stuffed full of hormones, steroids etc etc! no wonder you would be out in Central park shooting squirrels, blackbirds (to make a pie?) plus the odd jogger (only C/D you would say!)  :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :wink:

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #733 on: September 22, 2018, 09:37:52 pm »
Now, Cider, don't tell me you've never seen a jogger you would invite in to be your midnight snack. I won't believe it if you do.   :cool:  :cheesy:

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #734 on: September 23, 2018, 03:27:15 am »
Now, Cider, don't tell me you've never seen a jogger you would invite in to be your midnight snack. I won't believe it if you do.   :cool:  :cheesy:
Depends what your definition of "midnight snack" is, seen lots! :wink: 'Not having hunted  in the local park I  rely on my butcher to provide non- chlorinated chicken and clean beef and pork.
Pills and Salt iddee Pills and Salt. :wink: