Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Coffee's Ready  (Read 129696 times)

Offline rockink

• House Bee
Re: Coffee's Ready
« Reply #700 on: September 05, 2018, 04:33:10 pm »
So on average Alcohol and Tobacco kill about 1500 people PER day.. And your really going to spend your time worrying about gun control.. People control would be a much better use of your time.

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #701 on: September 05, 2018, 04:59:52 pm »
Cider, since you have already lost the debate when you started repeating yourself, a sure sign of dementia, I am not going to look up the details, but a chinaman recently stabbed 30 or 40 to death, since he didn't have a gun. If one tool isn't available, a fool will find another. Keep trying, tho, sometimes it can slow the effects of dementia.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #702 on: September 05, 2018, 06:34:47 pm »
Cider, since you have already lost the debate when you started repeating yourself, a sure sign of dementia, I am not going to look up the details, but a chinaman recently stabbed 30 or 40 to death, since he didn't have a gun. If one tool isn't available, a fool will find another. Keep trying, tho, sometimes it can slow the effects of dementia.
It takes one to know one, I hear your starting to have recollection trouble. It creeps up without you realising. Medics recommend Suduko, crosswords (but you're already good at having those):wink: Talking of dementia I see there seems to be someone in the White House with it according to Bob Woodward :smile: Aides have to hide documents so he can't sign them etc. :rolleyes:

I would think the people of Florida are more concerned with what happens in their schools than what happens in China. Typical Rightist gun lobby diversionary tactic. :cheesy: Look what happens elsewhere,  it couldn't happen here. . Trouble is, as in FL it has. But a lot quicker. Maybe you should stop plodding or you will be out of N C :cheesy:
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #703 on: September 05, 2018, 07:15:26 pm »
""t takes one to know one,""
Are you saying all psychiatrists are mentally ill?

"" I hear your starting to have ""
From your mentally ill liberal friends, maybe?

""Talking of dementia I see there seems to be someone in the White House with it according to Bob Woodward""
Yep, and a lot of other things according to Pinocchio.

""Look what happens elsewhere,  it couldn't happen here. ""
Typical left reaction.  It's not my problem until they come for me, then there's no one left to help me.

Cider, why don't you just give it up. You know you are in water over your head and your float has a hole in it. You're a goner.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #704 on: September 05, 2018, 07:35:18 pm »
So on average Alcohol and Tobacco kill about 1500 people PER day.. And your really going to spend your time worrying about gun control.. People control would be a much better use of your time.

People kill themselves with tobacco, no problem with that, their decision.
People kill themselves with alcohol no problem with that again their decision. But people will say "suppose they were DUI and kill a load of school kids"? but you can't blame the tool (car) can you? as the gun lobby say..... 
The part I and any right minded person I hope (no, not rightist! ) :smile: would care about is some nut gunning down seventeen innocent people in FL and even more in Las Vegas, with a semi-auto.
iddee takes this all too seriously, case of grey matter leaking away due to old age! :wink: Probably some one will call the Nurse with her pills. :smile: Hope your not going the same way. :wink:   

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #705 on: September 05, 2018, 07:42:42 pm »
"""The part I and any right minded person"""

So you do see the difference.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #706 on: September 06, 2018, 03:37:11 am »

So you do see the difference. Between a rightist and a right minded person? Yes!

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
"So you do see the difference. Between a rightist and a right minded person"? Yes!
Isn't it obvious. :cheesy:

The analogy iddee the analogy. Do you need me to walk you through it? :rolleyes: (cars and guns...cars and guns) geddit?

I just wish the gun lobby would admit they write off the people killed as 'collateral damage' for the privilege of gun ownership.  :sad: It comes over time and time again.

iddee I will be on cold turkey for the next week, will be away on holiday and devoid of wifi.....don't forget the pills......missing you already......and we don't fly till this evening! :wink:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 03:55:06 am by cidersabuzzin »

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #707 on: September 06, 2018, 05:35:31 am »
""Between a rightist and a right minded person"? ""

Between a right minded person and a leftist minded person, yes.

AKA.....Between a right minded person and a wrong minded person, yes.

As for guns and cars, why should car deaths be considered "collateral" damage? They are just as dead as gun deaths. I don't consider either to be OK. Better training is the answer, tho, not banning one and accepting the other.

Enjoy our trip. Hopefully, you will have time to relax and see the real world for a change.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #708 on: September 06, 2018, 08:34:13 am »
NO, it is what has been reported to you and I. That's all either of us have to go on.
It has been reported from high ranking people in the white house that Trump is stark raging mad and not capable of handling the job.  Of course anyone who has taken the time to look into Trump's past already knew this.  The only reason why he is still president is that the republicans in congress have no balls and are the swamp swimming with the alligator hoping to retain power.  Their time is coming to an end.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline blackforest beekeeper

• Field Bee
« Reply #709 on: September 06, 2018, 09:43:30 am »
NO, it is what has been reported to you and I. That's all either of us have to go on.
It has been reported from high ranking people in the white house that Trump is stark raging mad and not capable of handling the job.  Of course anyone who has taken the time to look into Trump's past already knew this.  The only reason why he is still president is that the republicans in congress have no balls and are the swamp swimming with the alligator hoping to retain power.  Their time is coming to an end.

I didn`t read all this thread. Don`t know what it`s about, apart from coffee....
I just wanted to say something concerning Donald Trump.
First I have to explain that I did spent a year in the US and do therefor feel a certain kinship with US-citizens. I would have no problem living there though I might still not consider everything good being done as I don`t in Germany either.
But this person Donald Trump is really disturbing. He is making a mess out of old bindings and loyalities on an international level. I sometimes said "Donald is igniting the world." Everywhere he comes, he is leaving a mess behind. Lately Canada, Europe, Britain. On the other hand he seems to feel akin to dictators like Kim Yong Unn (spelling?) and Putin, if not for Erdogan...
I also was somewhat disturbed that he was voted into the white house, although history has shown that actors and people with lots of money make it there. This is (yet?) not so in Germany.
I also hear that on the funeral of Caine there was quite some undertone of "we do not agree with Donald Trump" if not said out directly; from just about all present there.
how do folks in the US (and elsewhere) think and feel about this president?
Will he "just go away" as most things vanish in the past or is he an image of the actual and future policies and politics of the United States of America and therefore a label of its citizens?
Or might he even be embarassing for some citizens?

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #710 on: September 06, 2018, 10:43:28 am »

So you do see the difference. Between a rightist and a right minded person? Yes!

"So you do see the difference. Between a rightist and a right minded person"? Yes!

The analogy iddee the analogy. Do you need me to walk you through it? :rolleyes: (cars and guns...cars and guns) geddit?

I just wish the gun lobby would admit they write off the people killed as 'collateral damage' for the privilege of gun ownership.  :sad: It comes over time and time again.

iddee I will be on cold turkey for the next week, will be away on holiday and devoid of wifi.....don't forget the pills......missing you already......and we don't fly till this evening! :wink:
Cars and guns...cars and guns..  how 'bout this, cider.  The NRA is no different in scope and purpose than the Auto Club.  In the US it is AAA, Canada it's CAA.  Is it BAA in  Britain?  Both organizations advocate for the safe and responsible use of the focus items.  Guns for one, cars for the other.  Yet, there are multitudes more deaths caused in automobile crashes, both accidental and intentional. than caused by personally owned firearms.  Both organizations offer training, camaraderie and support for the item of common interest.  They are, in effect, the same kind of organization.

Do you see anyone trying to eliminate and outlaw the Auto Club any time someone uses a car in a reckless and irresponsible manner?  When people drive vans or lorries down the walkway, killing a dozen at a time, do people blame the vehicle and howl for the confiscation of mass-murdering automobiles?  No?  Why not?  They do that when someone uses a gun in an illegal or irresponsible manner.  What's the difference?  I'll tell you the difference.  The abuse of cars kill far more people than the guns.  And it's just collateral damage for the Auto Club, because accidents happen.
Ya know what, cider?  There is no such thing as an 'accident, for it can be proven that no matter the accident, someone,, somewhere along the line, was negligent.  Ask any lawyer.

Let's outlaw the Auto Club, confiscate motor vehicles and save lives.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #711 on: September 06, 2018, 10:57:09 am »
Unfortunately way too many.  It is what happens when we get lazy with our right to vote.  It is also what happens when your enemy has infiltrated your voting system.  I am looking forward to better turn out in a couple of months.  If that happens there will be a swift correction to the embarrassment.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline cao

• Queen Bee
« Reply #712 on: September 06, 2018, 11:21:49 am »
Will he "just go away" as most things vanish in the past or is he an image of the actual and future policies and politics of the United States of America and therefore a label of its citizens?
I would think that If you asked the average working class American they would be embarassed with 99% of our politicians.  That is why the approval ratings for the president and congress are so low and the voter turnout in the elections are usually under 50%.  Even with two parties and sometime a third, there is no one worth voting for.  Most are voting against the opponent rather than voting for a candidate.

• Field Bee
« Reply #713 on: September 06, 2018, 12:28:14 pm »

Cars and guns...cars and guns..  how 'bout this, cider.  The NRA is no different in scope and purpose than the Auto Club.  In the US it is AAA, Canada it's CAA.  Is it BAA in  Britain?  Both organizations advocate for the safe and responsible use of the focus items.  Guns for one, cars for the other.  Yet, there are multitudes more deaths caused in automobile crashes, both accidental and intentional. than caused by personally owned firearms.  Both organizations offer training, camaraderie and support for the item of common interest.  They are, in effect, the same kind of organization.

Do you see anyone trying to eliminate and outlaw the Auto Club any time someone uses a car in a reckless and irresponsible manner?  When people drive vans or lorries down the walkway, killing a dozen at a time, do people blame the vehicle and howl for the confiscation of mass-murdering automobiles?  No?  Why not?  They do that when someone uses a gun in an illegal or irresponsible manner.  What's the difference?  I'll tell you the difference.  The abuse of cars kill far more people than the guns.  And it's just collateral damage for the Auto Club, because accidents happen.
Ya know what, cider?  There is no such thing as an 'accident, for it can be proven that no matter the accident, someone,, somewhere along the line, was negligent.  Ask any lawyer.

Let's outlaw the Auto Club, confiscate motor vehicles and save lives.

On the topic of cars and guns...

It doesn`t all compare, as German laws concerning guns are very restrictive. Probably on doing of the allied forces some years back, my guess. Whatever. I would like to have a gun, but maybe I wouldn`t all others to have one...

Anyway I want to set some things straight comparing cars and guns. Its like comparing bananas with blueberries to my eyes.
GUNS are INTENDED to KILL.
Cars are intended for transportation.
So ... just to get thoughts straight.

Might as well compare chainsaws and guns.

• Field Bee
« Reply #714 on: September 06, 2018, 12:39:24 pm »
I would think that If you asked the average working class American they would be embarassed with 99% of our politicians.  That is why the approval ratings for the president and congress are so low and the voter turnout in the elections are usually under 50%.  Even with two parties and sometime a third, there is no one worth voting for.  Most are voting against the opponent rather than voting for a candidate.

thanks for the opinion, also to acebird.

I am relieved.

In Germany and most European countries there is a great diversity of parties. Used to be two and a little third one in Germany when I was a kid. These days there are several, the big ones are getting smaller. New ones tend to spring up. But once a party has been around for a while, it starts acting like the others, the old ones. So.... there aren`t really many people or parties worthy of being voted on in Germany, either.

There is one politician which is liked by almost everybody. He is "governor" of the federal state I live in (Ministerpr?sident Kretschmann in Baden-W?rttemberg). He is a "green".  The first green-led state ever in Germany. It is also the state of the most famous German cars and industries. Like Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, Bosch and others. (It`s the birth-region of the car. Every time I drive to the bees I drive part of the route the very first automobile took quite some years ago.) So, this governor is doing the same his predecessors did: Do what the car-industry wants. And a bit more national parks and some more laws for saving the environment. It`s all more or less the same, whatever the color. Just different words, same doing.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #715 on: September 06, 2018, 01:54:30 pm »
Most are voting against the opponent rather than voting for a candidate.
You are absolutely right but in some cases it is very important to do so, especially in discouraging times.  Although Hitler was not elected he managed to get to power.
How ironic that the people who voted for Trump had no idea he is in favor of a dictatorship predominantly controlled by the rich.  What that means is no democracy, no guns, and no rights or privileges.  I don't think that is what they really wanted but they got snookered.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #716 on: September 06, 2018, 10:49:34 pm »
Most are voting against the opponent rather than voting for a candidate.
You are absolutely right but in some cases it is very important to do so, especially in discouraging times.  Although Hitler was not elected he managed to get to power.
How ironic that the people who voted for Trump had no idea he is in favor of a dictatorship predominantly controlled by the rich.  What that means is no democracy, no guns, and no rights or privileges.  I don't think that is what they really wanted but they got snookered.
I've never heard the chump (lest you believe I am a fan of his) say anything like that, Ace.  I simply don't trust him because he's waffled between demorat and republicon more times than I've changed wives.
But you did manage to enumerate a rather convincing rationale justifying the 2d Amendment.  Well Done! 
"he is in favor of a dictatorship predominantly controlled by the rich.  What that means is no democracy, no guns, and no rights or privileges. "
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #717 on: September 07, 2018, 08:05:57 am »

But you did manage to enumerate a rather convincing rationale justifying the 2d Amendment.  Well Done! 

Now all congress needs to do is invoke the 25 amendment but they are gutless.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #718 on: September 07, 2018, 02:50:19 pm »

Now all congress needs to do is invoke the 25 amendment but they are gutless.

Congress is not the initiator under the 25th Amendment.  The vice president and a majority of the cabinet initiate the action.  Seems to me like constitutional mutiny, but Eisenhower and others saw a need for it and Congress hammered out the details and it was ratified by the  states, so it's the law of the land.  Like the Founders, they envisioned just about every conceivable scenario and tried to form a way to meet any contingency.  The President has a right of appeal at every step..

Congress can initiate only impeachment, not a 25th Amenment action, the way I read it, Brian.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #719 on: September 09, 2018, 11:05:27 am »

Congress can initiate only impeachment,

I stand corrected but this alone makes the republicans in congress gutless.  If Trump succeeds in creating a dictatorship the republicans are done for too.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it