Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: operation golden bee  (Read 207 times)

Offline crispy

• House Bee
operation golden bee
« on: September 17, 2020, 10:52:34 pm »
Hi all well i have transfered the bees back into the nuc now very well behaved bees these ones tomorrow operation golden bee begins 
 here is an operational out line

0530 close nuc door all bees locked in straglers to rv with new nuc

1330 move from my loc to breeders loc with bees secured in nuc and bee bag secured

1730 Arrive at breeders loc hand over old nuc recieve new nuc secure in back of vehicle with straps and bee bag

1800 Move from breeders loc to rv point and rally with colonel sanders for rations

1830 proceed from rv point to my loc

2030  arrrive my loc secure bees in bee yard

2100 open nuc door at my loc

2115 move to secure location rest open beer and drink quantity required

2230  end mission 

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
Re: operation golden bee
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 08:22:20 am »
That makes for a long day.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline crispy

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 06:43:49 am »
operation golden bee  a success 1 casualty reported /sting to forehead self inflicted wound through carlesnes

Offline Biggles

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 06:54:11 am »
Recommended therapy is:  Band-aid in a bottle.

Well done Crispy.  Hopefully smooth sailing from here.

Mark

Offline crispy

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2020, 07:03:58 pm »
Thanks mark the breeder sent some photos of the nuc he had taken heaps of bees and larvea wants me to do the transfer either today or tommorow possibly due to the number of bees .

Offline Bee North

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2020, 03:19:16 am »
Well done Crispy!

Keep us updated. I hope you get to spot your queen this time round. Is she marked?

Offline crispy

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2020, 05:00:58 am »
Hi bee north i did the transfer today as the weather for the rest of the week is pretty bleak raining every day ,anyway the breeder sent me photos he had taken of larvae in the brood chamber so i had a look when i was doing the change plenty of capped brood and lots of larvae but i didn't see any eggs ? maybe my untrained eye i don't know i did see what i believe to be queen cells 3 formed and one under construction didn't touch them , i didn't sight the queen but then again probably my untrained eye but a lot of bees and brood in various stages just hope there is a queen in there ,ill give it 4 weeks and see what happens if i dont spot any eggs or more larvae i will order a new queen from a breeder these are different to the bees in the first nuc they are darker in color not golden the bees that were left behind yesterday have intermingled with these and they really stand out as bright gold anyway have my fingers crossed that i now have a queen . 

Offline Bee North

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 05:25:47 am »
On arrival: no eggs, no queen, and 3 cells.
That doesnt sound right to me Crispy.

On arrival you nuc should have:
A queen, eggs, larvae at all stages and stores.

Offline crispy

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2020, 11:19:57 am »
Hi bee north as i said it may just be my eye is not trained to pickup eggs ,i wasnt really looking for the queen as such but it would have been nice just wanted to get the change over done fairly quick as the weather is pretty sad possible snow on friday in the high ground and polar winds ,my ant problem isnt getting any better pesky sugar ants drinking and drowning in the sugar syrup for the bees i put out in the top feeder hopefuly the weather is looking a bit better on sunday i may pull the top of and check again and if i can take some photos as people can get an idea of what im seeing .  .