Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings From Mossley UK  (Read 2105 times)

Offline iball

• New Bee
Greetings From Mossley UK
« on: August 28, 2009, 12:26:09 pm »
Hi Everyone,
Just thought that I'd say hello. I'm situated to the east of Manchester under the Pennine hills, which are currently purple with Heather.

I'm very new to bees, so new that I haven't got any yet! but we're preparing for the next season.

I'm looking forward to reading the forum and hopefully being able to join in with useful stuff as well.

TTFN

Ian

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: Greetings From Mossley UK
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 11:44:45 pm »
Hello and Welcome Ian
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 07:17:40 pm »
you  are smart to learn as much as you can before getting bees.  most of us seem to do it the other way around!  welcome  :-D
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline iball

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 08:07:54 am »
you  are smart to learn as much as you can before getting bees.  most of us seem to do it the other way around!  welcome  :-D

I was talking to some beeks in Manchester yesterday and was told that the best thing to do is to work the clubs hives for 12 months to gain some experience, well that isn't going to happen!!

I've been waiting over 35 years to do this and I plan to have 2 thriving colonies by this time next year.

So with a lot of effort and a little luck we'll be up and running.

Ian

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 01:42:17 pm »
"I've been waiting over 35 years to do this and I plan to have 2 thriving colonies by this time next year. "

Whether you end up with two healthy hive or not, go for it.  "Working club hives for 12 months", how lame could that be?  I would do both if time was available. 

Get your orders in for bees now, and get your equipment ready as well and I dont think you will need to much luck.

enjoy.
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Schoon

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 09:50:52 pm »
Welcome Ian.
Bobby

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 10:41:03 am »
Ian, welcome to our forum, so wonderful you found us. Stick around, we love new members.  I have seen pictures of the heather fields that another member has brought to our forum, it is nothing short of what would take your breath away.  Wise to learn as much as you can about the bees, before you embark on that journey into the secret life of the honeybee, one that will hold under their spell for the rest of your life.  This will be a place where you can tell your stories, tales and experiences, and learn mountains of information -- and make some new friends.  Have that most wonderful day, to love and live, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service