Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: nice swarm today  (Read 4300 times)

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
nice swarm today
« on: May 02, 2009, 09:01:16 pm »

2nd smaller cluster after we got the 1st.

it was kind of a grab and go.  we got them between downpours and crashing thunder.  got most and the neighbor told me that they probably came from hives down the road.  i figure the stragglers will find their way back.
got cake and coffee from the homeowner while we waited for them to settle!  nice experience.  one sting under the shirt  :-)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Re: nice swarm today
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 09:14:38 pm »
Good catch!

Free bees, coffee, and cake; what more can a person ask for?

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 10:00:30 pm »
Good catch Kathy!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Online iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 10:27:36 pm »
Nice job.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 11:22:04 pm »
Congratulations !!!!!!!!kathyp  on catching the  swarms

Johnny

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 09:24:37 am »
May all our swarm calls be so nice! :)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 11:49:28 pm »
nice experience.  one sting under the shirt  :-)

Go, girl, go!!!  Well......aren't you gonna tell us where  :lol: :-P  Have a most beautiful day, love our cool lives, health.  Cindi

Your swarms are coming on there I see, think ours are yet aways off.
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 11:07:15 am »
it was about 10ft off the ground in an evergreen.  would have been really simple if not for all the shrubs planted under it.   :-D
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 12:02:02 pm »
it was about 10ft off the ground in an evergreen.  would have been really simple if not for all the shrubs planted under it.   :-D

I could be wrong, but methinks cindi was asking where under your shirt you were stung.   :-X

Offline Rebel Rose Apiary

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 05:01:04 pm »
Good catch!

Free bees, coffee, and cake; what more can a person ask for?

Steve

Congrats! You had a swarm call about like the last one that I had. I did not get cake and coffee with free bees, as I was there at lunch time and they had the grill going.

Try to get done right before high noon! I had that happen to me while getting my last swarm....I got Black Angus rib eye steak and all of the trimmings! Timing is everything!

Brenda

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 07:31:10 pm »
nice catch of the swarm, it is so nice to meet up friendly people.

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 07:33:54 pm »
lower back  :-D

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 10:58:01 pm »
Ha, Dane, you picked up on where Kathy left off  :lol:.  Those bees that get inside the material of clothing I think are the worst.  You can feel them crawling around, and then suddenly!!!  Whammo!!!  I think the imagination gets the better of me.  Had this happen once and surely I think it was the worst bee sting that I have ever encountered, an encounter surely of the third kind, smiling.  Have a wonderful, most fabulous day to love this life we live, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 12:44:03 am »
Boy Cindi, details, details. You really like to get at the heart of things. Nothing passes by you thats for sure.

Nice catch Kathy, Way to go girl

Love you
Annette

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 11:48:09 am »
Boy Cindi, details, details. You really like to get at the heart of things. Nothing passes by you thats for sure.
Love you
Annette

Hee, hee, you know me so well, you know that I have that need to know......beautiful days our lives, health.  C.

anything